East Rider

Walking and simply wandering in a Wagner wonderland

Predictable, pedestrian and pointless passages of play that result in the same old same old. Relentless one dimensional, turgid slow play without a option up front results in a game like today.

Give me strength, but it's a difficult watch at the Carra at the moment. 

God help us

• Like 7

A very tough watch. Luckily today was as much as a social occasion. 

Just don't know where we go from here with Wagner other than years of wilderness.

The amount of people justifying that performance to themselves

mass hysteria, never seen such low standards and acceptance of it.

shameful.

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The amount of people justifying that performance to themselves

mass hysteria, never seen such low standards and acceptance of it.

shameful.

Reminded me of many games during Farkes first season to be honest. A mountain of possession but no guile that would allow us to be able to break down an opposition that had 11 men behind the ball

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

Reminded me of many games during Farkes first season to be honest. A mountain of possession but no guile that would allow us to be able to break down an opposition that had 11 men behind the ball

This “it’s like Farkes first season” stuff is a lie people are telling themselves en masse 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

This “it’s like Farkes first season” stuff is a lie people are telling themselves en masse 

We have become a standard midtable Championship side. That's what we are right now.

It would be delusional to claim otherwise

Whats frustrating is that a win today would have put us a point outside the playoffs such is the ordinary standard of the mid range sides in this league.

With the returning Sargent and some tweaks in the Jan transfer market,the opportunity really is still there for someone who could grab hold of us and give the team some proper direction (like Alex Neil did when he came in)

...its just not going to be Wagner

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Whats frustrating is that a win today would have put us a point outside the playoffs such is the ordinary standard of the mid range sides in this league.

With the returning Sargent and some tweaks in the Jan transfer market,the opportunity really is still there for someone who could grab hold of us and give the team some proper direction (like Alex Neil did when he came in)

You really want this team promoted? reaaaaaaly?

Farke had a plan ,he had put building blocks in place ,

Wagner was part of a transfer window meetings  with a DOF who signed many older players 

Knapper comes in and agrees with him that the squad age needs lowering , signing CB's who he has replaced with a CM 

he has been here long enough to put across his tactics get the team playing better ,

why would you want him involved in any transfer windows again i will never know 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I fear that it will actually be Wagner im afraid

Edited by mastoola

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We have become a standard midtable Championship side. That's what we are right now.

Mid table might not last long, look at this squad! It’s god awful!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No but we will forfeit our place and keep the money  

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Mid table might not last long, look at this squad! It’s god awful!

that's what happens when you sign older players on big wages using the money up the club raises or earned in the PL ,

Younger players far more hungry points to prove and wages are less with resale values what was Webber thinking ,

Just now, norfolkngood said:

that's what happens when you sign older players on big wages using the money up the club raises or earned in the PL ,

Younger players far more hungry points to prove and wages are less with resale values what was Webber thinking ,

Those that let Webber get away with it for so long.

shameful.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Those that let Webber get away with it for so long.

shameful.

I Do not know what he was thinking we would have had to replace all the older players if we went up anyway ! 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

I Do not know what he was thinking we would have had to replace all the older players if we went up anyway ! 

And we’ll be paying for it for years.

Squandered resources and lowered standards is his legacy

oh yeah, and a f@£ing swimming pool

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Why? The first season under Farke without Buendia and Pukki resulted in a mid table finish, losing as many matches as we won and sitting through numerous hours of watching us have 90% possession but no touches of note in the opposition box.

Yesterday felt similar to a good chunk of that season. I’m not saying all games have been like that, but yesterday certainly had that feel 

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Last season we could all see the club lacked experience, every time we conceded we’d normally then let in a few more in quick succession. We needed some old heads to help bring through the youngsters

Just now, Fen Canary said:

Last season we could all see the club lacked experience, every time we conceded we’d normally then let in a few more in quick succession. We needed some old heads to help bring through the youngsters

Go to bed Stuart, bloody hell.

• Like 1

Why? The first season under Farke without Buendia and Pukki resulted in a mid table finish, losing as many matches as we won and sitting through numerous hours of watching us have 90% possession but no touches of note in the opposition box.

Yesterday felt similar to a good chunk of that season. I’m not saying all games have been like that, but yesterday certainly had that feel 

Farkes first season had players from thr German lesgye that needed a season to bed in....and it has to be said the non insignufucant figure of James Maddison

This current side is ,with a few exceptions, a bunch of thirty somethings who arent going to become better

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yes I want to get promoted. All this bollox of consolidation then pushing on next year is just fantasy. A couple of long term injuries (as we’ve found out this year) and all those plans go out the window and you’re then having to do the same the following season. Before you know it you’ve spent a decade in mid table obscurity and getting promoted moves ever further into the distance.

I want us to be aiming to finish in (and win) the playoffs, then having another stab at staying up next year. I don’t think it will happen mind you 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

one or two to help out not a team full ,

Just watched Sunderland Highlights How can a team like that Sign players like Bellingham and Clarke when we are signing Rubbish like Rashica and Tzolis and Foreshaw etc after all the money we had and spent on transfers 

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Farkes first season had players from thr German lesgye that needed a season to bed in....and it has to be said the non insignufucant figure of James Maddison

This current side is ,with a few exceptions, a bunch of thirty somethings who arent going to become better

I was referring to the game itself yesterday, rather than the overall squad. I agree the team needs a freshen up at the end of the season (as it does every year) with some creativity and athleticism added, along with a more solid centre half. I thought Duffy would be better than he has been when we signed him to be honest 

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yes, any day of the week, yes!!!

I think it's previously been said that this league is generally very weak but if we can lift ourselves above the mediocre  and scrape through then I for one will rejoice at going to the Etihad and the Emirates again.

It may give Knapper a chance to shine and if not, then at least I can hope that we would go down stronger than we went up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

one or two to help out not a team full ,

Just watched Sunderland Highlights How can a team like that Sign players like Bellingham and Clarke when we are signing Rubbish like Rashica and Tzolis and Foreshaw etc after all the money we had and spent on transfers 

Agreed I think we over compensated on the experience front. Just a few down the spine of the team would have been ideal 

• Like 1

Agreed I think we over compensated on the experience front. Just a few down the spine of the team would have been ideal 

yes a experienced CDM would have been great sitting commanding the midfield 

some terrific younger players in the championship that we could of afforded in the past which is the upsetting bit ,

i think Wagner is a Manager who is like a pilot in a tail spin winless runs are more common in his career since Huddersfield than runs without defeat

Farke on the other hand looks like he has Leeds playing well and tails are up 

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Midtable is the current position, due perhaps to some earlier fortune, but the performances are not midtable and not in a good way.

14 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

I was referring to the game itself yesterday, rather than the overall squad. I agree the team needs a freshen up at the end of the season (as it does every year) with some creativity and athleticism added, along with a more solid centre half. I thought Duffy would be better than he has been when we signed him to be honest 

Yes, the game was very similar to those under Farkes first season. And Farke had a Maddison for moments of magic.

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yes really. I don't know what you were doing this afternoon but I was sat there in the wind and cold watching two utterly ****e teams.

We need funds to grow the team and if that means getting slaughtered 5-0 every week so be it. At least I get to watch one good team.

Barring a dramatic turnaround it looks as though the scum will be enjoying a year of Premier League money plus parachute payments. I doubt that lot will be moaning.

• Like 1