Sign in to follow this  
2clubbanker

Nathan Jones next Norwich boss until the end of the season?

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Would still go with Neil Adams short term but Steve Cooper might be on the market soon.  Shouldn’t be but that’s football.   

He might be worth considering.

Only if he wears a mask.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't want Adams even on a temporary basis that ship sailed years ago. Might be better to run the rule over Pelach.

Let's be honest none of us have a clue but it's encouraging that MA hints of funds being made available to strengthen the squad which is good news for a new coach as well as the fans. 

Had we been faced with a fire sale involving Rowe and Sara our target Head Coach could and would be considerably different. There's hope!

On 30/11/2023 at 16:11, 2clubbanker said:

He did a great job with Luton. Stoke are just Stoke how many now and they still Stoke ? As for Southampton he never got a chance Chris Martin not doing anything 

We letting the Chris Martin comment slide then? 

• Like 1

Nathan Jones is a bully who relied on a team of players with lower quality trying to prove themselves at a higher level.

It didn’t work at Stoke because they had a similar squad to what we have now, likewise with Southampton to some extent

it worked at Luton because he was able to create an atmosphere, Rob Edwards has taken that to the next level 

Jones won’t be allowed to do that at norwich 

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I wouldn't want Adams even on a temporary basis that ship sailed years ago. Might be better to run the rule over Pelach.

Let's be honest none of us have a clue but it's encouraging that MA hints of funds being made available to strengthen the squad which is good news for a new coach as well as the fans. 

Had we been faced with a fire sale involving Rowe and Sara our target Head Coach could and would be considerably different. There's hope!

Suggested Adams just to allow us time, Pelach an option for the same reason, no cost and stop gap.   Like you say, we don’t know but it makes sense to keep it in house until we have sorted a plan that a specific type of manager can fit into.    Adams knows the club, the younger players and has some experience.

We appointed Smith immediately after he was sacked and that was a disaster.

Cooper will get a handsome pay-off and I can't see him even thinking about coming here.

15 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Nathan Jones is a bully who relied on a team of players with lower quality trying to prove themselves at a higher level.

It didn’t work at Stoke because they had a similar squad to what we have now, likewise with Southampton to some extent

it worked at Luton because he was able to create an atmosphere, Rob Edwards has taken that to the next level 

Jones won’t be allowed to do that at norwich 

Graham potter … it is 

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The chances of Graham Potter's next job being in the Championship is nil.

Always makes me laugh when people propose him as our next coach. He's probably the best English coach around, isn't he? I guess Eddie Howe would be in the conversation. Imagine Potter's next job will be England coach. Hope so, anyway. Brilliant, brilliant coach. (His failure at Chelsea is immaterial. Actually makes me think even more of him that he didn't fit at that horrible club.)