Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Bradley Hills Tonight

Two goals for Accrington Stanley.

The first of them scored after 90+7 the second of them scored after 90 + 10.

However the defence that he was part of conceded 4 goals as they lost 4-3.

You can take the boy out of Norwich, but you can't take Norwich out of the boy 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw that - 0-4 going into injury time and it ending 3-4. I doubt many home fans were there to see their goals!!  
I went to see Accrington the other week, but Hills was serving a suspension (5 bookings in rather short term) and I only saw McCracken play out of our 3 loanees.

Edited by Branston Pickle
Sp

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I saw that - 0-4 going into injury time and it ending 3-4. I doubt many home fans were there to see their goals!!  
I went to see Accrington the other week, but Hills was serving a suspension (5 bookings in rather short term) and I only saw McCracken play out of our 3 loanees.

Shame you didn't get to see Hills and Shipley play.

I've been following our loanees progress at Accrington from afar and it's noticeable that Hills just seems to be involved a lot in the big moments, whether it's scoring goals, getting sent off or giving away penalties. Sounds like a player with a bit of character. 

25 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You can take the boy out of Norwich, but you can't take Norwich out of the boy 🙂 

Fantastic post Lizard, I’m sure it’s cheered many up tonight after our latest surrender at first team level. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fantastic post Lizard, I’m sure it’s cheered many up tonight after our latest surrender at first team level. 

Really, really riles you when somebody posts something positive doesn't it?

I'll carry on keeping a level head about our club mate, you just carry on with your remorseless campaign of grinding negativity. 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'll carry on keeping a level head about our club mate, you just carry on with your remorseless campaign of grinding negativity. 

He's a wind up merchant. Probably because there's nothing else to do in the Midlands. Ignore.

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I’ll never be your mate. 

48 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Maybe we should recall him as a striker?!

To be fair when he was recalled into the Academy he was a striker, and scored tons of goals in local youth football. It was only when he got his first call up to the 1st team I realised he had been converted to a centre half.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

To be fair when he was recalled into the Academy he was a striker, and scored tons of goals in local youth football. It was only when he got his first call up to the 1st team I realised he had been converted to a centre half.

Interesting - didn't know that - so he's the new Chris Sutton then. 🙂 

15 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Delia is to blame for putting the Norwich into the boy. No question.

Went to the recent Stanley v Wrexham game. All 3 loanees played. 
Hills was a dominant figure in the defence and was wrestled to the ground at a corner for the penalty that opened the scoring. At a break in play he was geeing up his teammates to keep a clean sheet- a leader. The locals really rate him. Shipley had a solid game, particularly the second half. McCracken, apart from a couple of kicking alarms, showed a safe pair of hands. A good day all round for them, a clean sheet against a good team. 
Great atmosphere with half the ground filled with Wrexham fans. Exciting full blooded game- puts recent NCFC games to shame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And now voted the Accrington fans Player of the Season. Well done Bradley - a very encouraging sign and a feather in the cap of our Academy. 

• Like 1

On 28/11/2023 at 23:27, Branston Pickle said:

We did see Shipley - but he didn’t get on…IMG_4112.thumb.jpeg.ce7fbc956b7be246aa10ba70a8934758.jpeg

IMG_4117.jpeg

Bloody hell is that really Shipley? He looks about 33.

Stuck him in the team next season, he's the Norwich Luke Littler! 

6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And now voted the Accrington fans Player of the Season. Well done Bradley - a very encouraging sign and a feather in the cap of our Academy. 

Aye, good on him - we do have a few due to come back into the ranks.  Obviously how much use they get with us next season could be dependent on how the next few weeks pan out.