Sign in to follow this  
Flick Fleck

It aint over till it's over...

OK, we''re all gutted at the Burnley result.  But at least Preston, Wolves and Cardiff all slipped up, with not one of them winning on Saturday.  We are better off now than if we drew with Burnley and one or all of them won.

One problem with having faith in our team is that you aint ready to give up hope till the end, and it''s not quite the end.  6 games left, and 6 wins will still see us damn close to 6th spot.  The odds are getting longer, but I haven''t lost all faith yet...

You must be joking right? 6 wins in a row for a start is a very slim possibility and that only gets us on 71, no team in the last 13 years has got into the playoffs with less than that and that has only happened in 3 of those 13 seasons. So even if we dont slip up our chances are slim to none, but we will slip up at least once, our consistancy is not good enough. We are still yet to win away at all this year and falling to burnley just proves how rubbish we are currently.

[quote user="Flick Fleck"]

OK, we''re all gutted at the Burnley result.  But at least Preston, Wolves and Cardiff all slipped up, with not one of them winning on Saturday.  We are better off now than if we drew with Burnley and one or all of them won.

One problem with having faith in our team is that you aint ready to give up hope till the end, and it''s not quite the end.  6 games left, and 6 wins will still see us damn close to 6th spot.  The odds are getting longer, but I haven''t lost all faith yet...

[/quote]

GET A BLOODY GRIP MAN!!! we can still acheive the lowest ever points tally to make the play-offs but to be honest how is this team going to win all 6. We were HOPELESS friday, hopeless, clueless and lacking effort. The 2nd half performance was the worst I have seen us play all season.

For gods sake, we ain''t going to be there as we simply haven''t been good enough all season. History tellsus that 73 points is needed to get into the play offs and that''s not possible.

Let''s put it to bed and forget this season ever happened

And if we did make it back to the prem ? great financially but we dont have the players to achive success, sunderland all over again.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Flick Fleck"]

[/quote]

GET A BLOODY GRIP MAN!!! we can still acheive the lowest ever points tally to make the play-offs but to be honest how is this team going to win all 6. We were HOPELESS friday, hopeless, clueless and lacking effort. The 2nd half performance was the worst I have seen us play all season.

[/quote]

My grip is just fine thank-you, Paul.  And not giving up hope till the end is, in my book, a good thing for a supporter to do.  It''s what being a supporter is actually all about.  Having hope and faith till the end, no matter the odds.

Sure we were rubbish, and sure we have been way too rubbish all season.  But that doesn''t stop me hoping that we can still do it and sneak the 6th spot (and we still can, by the way)  It''s certainly a lot more of a stress and angst-free viewpoint than you propose with your infernal whingeing.

Get a grip, yourself!

What the hell is wrong with somebody being positive and wildly optimistic.  Good on ya Flick, ignore the whingers - you only have to look at the past posts from the likes of Foghorn to see what a whingey, moany pessimistic sod he is.

[quote user="Flick Fleck"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Flick Fleck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My grip is just fine thank-you, Paul.  And not giving up hope till the end is, in my book, a good thing for a supporter to do.  It''s what being a supporter is actually all about.  Having hope and faith till the end, no matter the odds.

Sure we were rubbish, and sure we have been way too rubbish all season.  But that doesn''t stop me hoping that we can still do it and sneak the 6th spot (and we still can, by the way)  It''s certainly a lot more of a stress and angst-free viewpoint than you propose with your infernal whingeing.

Get a grip, yourself!

[/quote]

[:D] I will be supporting the team until the play-off chances are zero.  I find it hard to see how we can manage it considering how appalling we have been away from home - no win since december and a fair few noshows in there.

I have a good reason to whinge mate - the manager has FAILED at every part of his job this season and failed badly.  A 100% fit Yousseff Safri and a 3 million pound striker as bench warmers friday epitomising the baffling decisions that have been so regular this season. I have given the manager chances - after we won 5 on the trot in december, and for the late run-in, unyet the noshows continue, performances that are just astoundingly bad... On Friday after 15 minutes of good pressure against a nervous looking Burnley, we offered Nothing at all, absolutely zero It was pathetic.  No passion, No effort, No ability, No clue, No Idea.

Flick Fleck... ur a fool mate.. u really Are...

dont be pulled in by chris Wises Article on the home page of the site.. although as he says even if we won all 6 theres 3 teams above us.. ud need them to drop enough points.. which wont happen...

jas :)

Pete, FF is not refusing to see the wood for the trees he is just saying that, as a supporter, it is his choice and he would prefer to keep hoping until it is actually impossible. Yes it is very, very unlikely (esp with how poor we were on Friday) but he is saying that until it is impossible, he is gonna keep hoping that they can sort it out. Good on ya FF!

And by the way, judging by previous posts from both of you, I would say that his "grip on reality" is very easily as firm as yours.   

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

dont be pulled in by chris Wises Article on the home page of the site.. although as he says even if we won all 6 theres 3 teams above us.. ud need them to drop enough points.. which wont happen...

[/quote]

Nothing foolish about hope, Jas...  Try it some time, it''s really rather good for you...

The point is that it aint all over till it''s over.  I haven''t read Chris Wise''s article yet, but obviously, if we win all 6 then we need everyone else to drop points.  Which could still happen, remember.  And if was a coaching staff at Colney today, then that is what I would be telling my players.

[quote user="Flick Fleck"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Nothing foolish about hope, Jas...  Try it some time, it''s really rather good for you...

The point is that it aint all over till it''s over.  I haven''t read Chris Wise''s article yet, but obviously, if we win all 6 then we need everyone else to drop points.  Which could still happen, remember.  And if was a coaching staff at Colney today, then that is what I would be telling my players.

[/quote]

im sure u know that the biggest word in football is IF.... and very rarely does "if"happen...

I do have hope, i hope that Nigel Worthington will be relieved of his duties and that a new man will come in, get rid of the rubbish of Etuhu and Hughes plus 1 or 2 others and get us back firing on all cylinders and back on the promotion trail next season.

[quote user="Flick Fleck"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

IF we won all 6 then the other 3 would each drop three points for a start, as we have to play them all.  

We''re really talking about attitude, not expectations.  I''m not expecting us to reach the playoffs, and I''m not even sure it would be a good thing if we did, but until its mathematically impossible I''ve no intention of throwing in the towel.  We''ve got nothing to lose, let''s see how close we can get.    

[/quote]

We can still make it, but I''m not holding out much hope.  I also think that it would be a shame and make a nonsense of the playoff''s if a team that has been as poor as us could still go up instead of a Watford or a Leeds.  I''m not being down on City, I feel this way about all the teams that sneak into play offs and mug a team who have been better all season.

I''d also like to pick up on what Foghorn about poor away form.  Whilst it is true that we have been bad on our travels, I really think it''s our home form that has cost us.  We lost a game at home to Sheff Wed, drew with Millwall and Crewe and probably should have got something from home defeats to Reading, Watford and Leeds.  The PNE and Ipswich games were a disgrace.  It is these points dropped at home that have really cost us and we would easily be in the play offs right now had we done better.