The following is not a criticism of Barnes because I felt his reappearance/performance was a positive from yesterday, but it did make me laugh (a lot), in the second half we broke quickly but unfortunately no one was in the box, a bloke in front of me shouted "Why didn't Barnes get into the box" the guy sitting next to me retorted "Because he was recharging his mobility scooter"...............

7 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

With games coming thick and fast until Christmas the age of our team, coupled with the quality of our wider squad, has to be a concern.8/11 players today were over 30 - and that was the oldest average age team since 1980. 

I think  this has been a factor in our demise. Few players are hungry to prove themselves, most on final pay check seasons. How did we go from such young and hungry team to this so quickly? It doesn’t bode well for future either with so little resale value. Knapper has very little to work with 

I pointed all this out when we were signing these players in the summer but the vast majority of posters on here said that they were just the sort of "experienced players" we needed.

I don't have a huge problem with age as such as long as it doesn't block the progress of the younger players.

For example Sainz badly needs minutes on the pitch, but has that bed blocker Onel in front of him. 

We are going to have to spend some serious dosh in the next couple of years to replace those ageing CBs. 

I think it was pretty obvious we were looking at cheap options in the summer and thought Duffy and Barnes would add some leadership. Stacey was a must so we could cash in on Aaron’s. Having this many 30+ in a team is not ideal but we do have some youngsters with talent coming through like Warner, Hills, fisher, Gibbs, Nunez, Rowe. The summer will be massive  as we will have to try and shift the deadwood like Gibson, Placheta, Hernandez and we won’t get much for them, so we will continue shopping in the bargain bucket for a while. 

9 minutes ago, Big O said:

I think it was pretty obvious we were looking at cheap options in the summer and thought Duffy and Barnes would add some leadership. Stacey was a must so we could cash in on Aaron’s. Having this many 30+ in a team is not ideal but we do have some youngsters with talent coming through like Warner, Hills, fisher, Gibbs, Nunez, Rowe. The summer will be massive  as we will have to try and shift the deadwood like Gibson, Placheta, Hernandez and we won’t get much for them, so we will continue shopping in the bargain bucket for a while. 

Plenty to look forward to then, autumn and winter will fly by. 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Did you have your fingers crossed when you wrote that?

Nope. Find the last reference to him. Then check how long since your last reference to Farke before today....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

I pointed all this out when we were signing these players in the summer but the vast majority of posters on here said that they were just the sort of "experienced players" we needed.

Me and you both then! The signing of Forshaw was the last straw. I do seriously wonder whether the previous SD wasn't making these signings almost out of spite as he knew he was leaving and wanted to leave us with massive financial problems for the poor new geezer to sort out. After all the old SD was given almost total freedom to do what he wanted as we have no Chairman, no CEO and a useless Board to hold his dealings to account.