Midlands Yellow

Rotherham v Ipswich

I know we lost at Rotherham but then again we are rubbish, surprised to see a team that won the league in October could not finish off struggling (BBC description)  Rotherham, only looked at the footy scores this morning, did not even realise they were playing last night...................

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...and come to Carrow Road !!!!!!!         🥴

Isn't the CR one in April? Things could be very different by then. Even by December 16th we could have a new manager in place, new Sporting Director, fully fit and up to speed Sainz, plus Hanley, Sargent and Barnes back. Plus, as I've said previously, each of their League One seasons bar the last one they went off like a train and then fell away.

In the words of Grace in 1995, It's not over, not over, not over yet.

I switched off when 1p5wich scored their second.

A smile crossed my lips as I scanned the results this morning.

Life is full of small pleasures.😁

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Isn't the CR one in April? Things could be very different by then. Even by December 16th we could have a new manager in place, new Sporting Director, fully fit and up to speed Sainz, plus Hanley, Sargent and Barnes back. Plus, as I've said previously, each of their League One seasons bar the last one they went off like a train and then fell away.

In the words of Grace in 1995, It's not over, not over, not over yet.

It may be based on pure hopes and dreams but the idea of us going into April with a fully fit squad with all our players back, a new manager, new sporting director and results having started to go well for us while the wheels have fallen off as the binners have started bottling it does give me a little smile.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

13 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

All of a sudden its no wins in the last three games. At the same time Leeds are motoring... 

I would say just one defeat all season in 15 games is motoring as well.

I switched this one on by impulse around the 80 minute mark and kept watching as it was 1-1 although the commentary were fawning all over how fantastic the binners were up till then.  It seems I turned on just as Rotherham were giving it a decent go.  Commentators love a story to tell and so the binners having their first decent patch in 20 odd years is a good one for them to latch on to.

A few minutes after I'd turned on, the binners scored a keystone cops classic comedy goal - talk about rub on the green.  Worth a watch if you want a laugh except it was the binners scoring.  But Rotherham were still giving it a good go, so I thought I'd hang on and watch the rest.  Fortunately before too long Rotherham scored a goal with a real quality finish.  Hugill as usual was putting himself about but with no real quality.

From then till the end I felt a draw was fair, but that's ignoring the first 80 minutes.  The binners are clearly in that zone where they grind out results even when they're not playing well (we're basically in the reverse zone at the moment).

40 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

"all season in 15 games"

Does it sound better if i say just one defeat in 15 league games so far this season ?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Does it sound better if i say just one defeat in 15 league games so far this season ?

Counting them wins are you? Careful, you'll soon be accused of..

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Binner 😉

Oh there it is

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It may be based on pure hopes and dreams but the idea of us going into April with a fully fit squad with all our players back, a new manager, new sporting director and results having started to go well for us while the wheels have fallen off as the binners have started bottling it does give me a little smile.

Also the Binners have been exceptionally lucky so far with injuries, we certainly haven't. With Sargent and Barnes fit, settled more confident CBs and we play like we did in the first half against Leeds they won't get near us.