Bert

Cometh the hour cometh the man

3 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

That was a special time for sure wasn't it?

I'll always remember how chuffed I was when we survived that Premier League season under Paul having started the journey in League One! We played Villa off the pitch at Carrow Road in his last game.

It hurt a lot when he left - such a shame ... what could've been - for him and us???

No one can seriously want him back but I’ll be honest, despite how it ended and the Farke years, those three seasons are still my favourite period of my adult life following Norwich.

The momentum that team had, the fearless play, Wes’s left foot and the awesome ****housery of Grant Holt were something special.

Yes Farke’s Championship football was superb. However that Lambert team, especially what they did in the PL, was just such an all round good time IMO.

Edited by Monty13

2 hours ago, Petriix said:

Don't you remember? It actually turned out to be all Gary Kasa with Lambert just the public facing puppet. 

Exactly. The boy Karsa was the brains behind the whole Lambert operation. Not too many people know that.

7 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd have Warnock or Allardyce here gladly. Both would give us a defensive structure to work with.

Of the two I think Big Sam would be my pick. His side at Bolton got a lot of unfair criticism in my view, I thought they played really good football with some great players that he recruited. I highly doubt though he’s the type to work under a sporting director as I can’t see him agreeing to not be in charge of recruiting his own players. 

4 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Of the two I think Big Sam would be my pick. His side at Bolton got a lot of unfair criticism in my view, I thought they played really good football with some great players that he recruited. I highly doubt though he’s the type to work under a sporting director as I can’t see him agreeing to not be in charge of recruiting his own players. 

Totally agreed. The national media couldn't stand him because that Bolton side was a proper set of upstarts and guys considered a bit past their best, but he didn't half get a tune out of them.

They got labelled as a long-ball team, but only by two-bit imbeciles who know sweet FA about football. If they really thought a team with Okocha, Djorkaeff, Giannakopoulos and Anelka was a "long-ball" team then they could get knotted and let me write about the sport instead.

In fact, I'll say anyone decrying Allardyce as a long-ball merchant knows FA about football. Allardyce is the arch-pragmatist. Long-ball is his go-to when trying to get a team going. Given greater stability, he will look to get a more attractive style being played, often with a playmaker or a speedy winger.

Edited by TheGunnShow

We've lost the chance of someone who is Norwich through and through. His team currently sits in fourth place in the division.

15 hours ago, stratton canary said:

We need a new young up & coming coach with new idea's, not going back in time with a old manager, but who would come & work with the shower who are running this / our club

Robbie Fowler 

15 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

A mandate for our new manager is he mustn't currently be out of work. If he is that means hes failed and we dont want that mentality here!

We need someone who is currently successful whatever lever, if if that means we have to pay compensation 

We can’t afford anyone who is currently in a job - that is why we ended up with the last two hopeless managerial appointments and will be the same this time, if indeed we can afford to pay Wagner off, which I have already questioned (although thise on here who are closer to the current financial situation than me are confident we have that cash).

16 hours ago, Bert said:

There is only one man that can sort out this mess. Now is the time for the second coming of the Messiah IMG_1166.jpeg.39965251b35223d738d85cf194def42f.jpeg

Trust me you do not want him back. whatever he once had has long since gone and he is now a truly awful manager. Take it from a binner. Besides it would be like taking your ex back after she had been with your sworn enemy, you just don't go there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueHope76 said:

Trust me you do not want him back. whatever he once had has long since gone and he is now a truly awful manager. Take it from a binner. Besides it would be like taking your ex back after she had been with your sworn enemy, you just don't go there.

You take the Karsa out from Lambert and there is nothing.