Tommo

Up and coming managerial candidates

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

In some ways we have to hope Wagner can keep the points ticking over and bide us a bit of time to get a strategically chosen replacement. A couple of more defeats and other results go against us that relegation zone looks even closer and we simply must take action. It's not my preferred option but might be sensible in these circumstances.

I'd wanted Schumacher here last time and he'd be my choice but technically he's not available and Plymouth would want compensation - an additional expense we don't need.

You never know perhaps there is stuff going on in the background with Webber and Knapper.

He looks what we might need, he’d walk here for this job. 

On 29/10/2023 at 22:10, norfolkngood said:

Schumacher is my first choice making lesser players play better as a team unit ,

only concern we have seen them before good at motivating lesser players but when they move up it is different  ,

Nathan Jones prime example , 

every Manager is a gamble but  Schumacher is on a upward curve as in got Plymouth up from Lg1 struggling a bit this term though 

Well we have a squad full of lesser players these days, not that sure it would be a step up .Wouldn't put money on City finishing above Plymouth ,this squad has league 1 written all over it, free or dirt cheap signings added to players who should have been shipped out.  Great recipe  for success.

49 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Well we have a squad full of lesser players these days, not that sure it would be a step up .Wouldn't put money on City finishing above Plymouth ,this squad has league 1 written all over it, free or dirt cheap signings added to players who should have been shipped out.  Great recipe  for success.

In this moment we may not be much better than Plymouth but the size of the club means we've got significantly more potential than them longer term. I've no doubt if we wanted him and were willing to pay the compensation, we could get him. 

I know he wouldn't but I still think with a new SD, poss new majority shareholder soon (hopefully)...kk would be worth an open cheque book punt. Start fresh......new ideas from the top down (almost like farke). Yes we are a 'small' club but that shouldn't detract from what we can/could achieve (1993/94)

6 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I can only imagine that anyone suggesting Wilshere has never heard him speak in public, he’s not a manager…

If you give him a beer or two and 20 Benson & Hedges he'll talk all night long. It won't make any sense though. 

Sack Wagner

The answers here on this Forum but the BOD just can’t see it

Most of us are experts at picking the Match squad so why don’t The Board give us the chance 

we know who to play and who to drop, its done  deal

Cant be any worse than the present setup 

PS and we’re cheap 

1 hour ago, daly said:

Sack Wagner

The answers here on this Forum but the BOD just can’t see it

Most of us are experts at picking the Match squad so why don’t The Board give us the chance 

we know who to play and who to drop, its done  deal

Cant be any worse than the present setup 

PS and we’re cheap 

Who are you calling Cheap?

On 28/10/2023 at 23:51, ged in the onion bag said:

Rather they replace the recruitment team first though.

yes 100% right,   craig downs said on radio norfolk about the  recruitment team , "but did anyone see him play?"  .  Stats can be useful to confirm views on players. But using data as the key to finding players is stupid.    Requirement is so key these days, yet the recruitment teams are full of data analysts, why don't we have ex footballers in the recruitment team.  I remember a scout told me many years ago its easy to find the best player in any team just ask a few fans, they know who is good. to prove the point when did a bad player win norwich player of the year award.  compared to how many bad players we have had. with so much money in the game, then it brings such BS i.e. recruitment teams locked in a room crunching numbers .  Im a black belt six sigma management consultant , so i understand data and BS.

1 hour ago, Justin time said:

Who are you calling Cheap?

I’ll personally pick the team for a couple of grand per game

Thats reasonably cheap

You really don’t have to be Einstein to pick from this squad

1 Goalkeeper no choice 

2 ageing Centre Backs as I won’t risk playing youngsters as other clubs scouts might poach them

Scotlands  answer to Beckham in midfield

Strikers take your pick ain’t going to make much difference to the result 

• Like 2