Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

How long before Earnie gets fed up!!

I can''t help wondering how long it will be before Earnie wants to leave and I couldn''t blame him either. We''ve made him look a pretty poor striker so far, he hasn''t had any service from midfield, he''s been dropped twice already and when he''s scored in the previous game - how much more is he going to take???

im not going to find the post i made when he signed.. but i can remember saying the exact phrase "wouldnt it be perversly ironic if he wasnt here in August".

im standing by that Alex...

jas :)

If I was Earnshaw I''d be wondering where my career is going to go from here. Let''s face it, unless either Worthy goes or we bring in an entirely new midfield four, it looks like he''s going to spend the next three years watching balls fly over his head

The jury''s still out for me, in any event. I haven''t really been that impressed with Earnie, even when he''s had the ball - and, not surprisingly, he gets knocked off it quite easily, too.  Whereupon, he usually sits there, holding his hands in the air, hoping the ref will give him a free kick (which rarely happens - they''ve probably sussed out Earnie by now).

As my old teacher used to put in my school reports: ''Much more needed if he wishes to be a success in life''.  

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I can''t help wondering how long it will be before Earnie wants to leave and I couldn''t blame him either. We''ve made him look a pretty poor striker so far, he hasn''t had any service from midfield, he''s been dropped twice already and when he''s scored in the previous game - how much more is he going to take???[/quote]

I just can`t buy into this  " he`s not getting the service "  balony  ,   Earnie is not as good as he thinks he is !   isn`t that really the case ?  

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I can''t help wondering how long it will be before Earnie wants to leave and I couldn''t blame him either. We''ve made him look a pretty poor striker so far, he hasn''t had any service from midfield, he''s been dropped twice already and when he''s scored in the previous game - how much more is he going to take???[/quote]

I just can`t buy into this  " he`s not getting the service "  balony  ,   Earnie is not as good as he thinks he is !   isn`t that really the case ?  

[/quote]

Well if that is the case surely 2.75 million rising to 3.5 million is yet another appalling worthy purchase (the fact he is not a worthy style player and wont fit into our system apart).  I am waiting for the bust up with the manager.

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote] Maybe that''s true but you can''t question his goalscoring record. One every two games for Cardif and 14 last season for West Brom in the Prem when they were struggling. His all round game doesn''t look great but he can finish as he showed against Brighton!! Is it a coincidence that we made Ashton look pretty ordinary this season and since he''s moved to West Ham he''s looked awesome?? Maybe we''re making Earnie look ordinary too!! If not then it is another Worthless waste of money!!!

Ashton  and Earnshaw probably the 2 best strikers Norwich have had in years both look like carthorses playing for us, now there must be something in the water down this way or could it possibly be that neither likes playing hoofball ?. Worthless is the problem at this club once he has gone things will get better .

Probably not long, and then all the fickle bunch (the worthy out, then in, then out, then in, then back out again bunch!) can get on his back and say he''s useless, waste of money, fat slow, prima dona, only here so he can move on to a bigger club once the chance comes his way.

Hang on, I sound like one of those idiots who slated Deano not so long ago!

It''s safe to say that, as Ashton has proved before him, without a decent midfield providing service, not even the greatest striker in the world can score loads for us. This is 100% down to management. As they buy the players to provide (or not) service to strikers. This hasn''t happened at Norwich for 2 seasons now.

So please understand that it''s not for the want of trying from the strikers, it''s the mickey mouse midfielders behind that will cause Earnie to get fed up! 

[quote user="Andrew Kent"]

So please understand that it''s not for the want of trying from the strikers, it''s the mickey mouse midfielders behind that will cause Earnie to get fed up! 

[/quote] Isn''t that what I was saying - that Earnie will get fed up because of getting no service and then getting dropped?? Deano was good at Norwich but with a quality midfield at West Ham he has looked awesome. Earnshaw has a proven scoring record so if he doesn''t score at Norwich, Worthy has to ask himself why rather than dropping him!

Its obvious that  there IS a problem getting the ball up to the strikers  more regular ,  but my point is that even when they DO get the ball   to them   , they just aren`t finishing  as well as they should !  and THATS been the  ongoing problem the the last 2 years !!    and I agree with Nigel  on this , but , heck! he`s the manager , why doesn`t he get those " strikers " in for extra practice   , until they CAN  get the ball in the net ?    after all ... its what they`re paid to do !

As a regular at CR, from what I have seen of Earnie he is quick, skillful and not very tall/big. He is a proven goalscorer at this level and arguably at Premiership level. As a manager if you pay £2.75 million plus for a player you must rate them, know what they are capable of, and know what their strenghths (and weaknesses) are. To me dropping a player that has scored (and worked his socks off) in the previous game is just plain daft, why change a winning side (injuries apart) ?

I suspect that at least part of thr reason why the strikers aren''t scoring is one of the following-

1- Not getting the ball in areas or at heights they want it

2- Not being able to build an effective partnership

3- Playing in a team where confidence is generally low

For me, Deano''s form since leaving is firm proof that Earnie is good enough if he gets the service he needs. I also think that JJ and Leon are plenty good enough at this level. But as long as we insist on playing hoofball without a target man all that will happen is our forwards will fail to score and will become increasingly miserable

I could of sworn i thought i just read a post were you were slating Earnie so why would it bother you??? Just looking for something to moan at? Earnie is pure class fact!

[quote user="londoncanary"]I could of sworn i thought i just read a post were you were slating Earnie so why would it bother you??? Just looking for something to moan at? Earnie is pure class fact![/quote] I haven''t slated earnie anywhere. I have been disappointed at his perfomances so far and he hasn''t got a great all round game - his first touch is poor. Saying that is not slating him it''s being realistic. However i''ve always said that he is a proven goalscorer and if he fails to score at Norwich it will be because of the service he''s given or a failure to settle with the team rather than his finishing ability - is that slating him????

Oh and by the way saying Earnie is pure class is not fact it''s your opinion! How you can say that based on his performances so far is beyond me. I believe he could be great if we sort the midfield and score a truck load of goals for us but he''s looked a long way short of class as yet!!!