Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Should Scotland let in palestinian refugees?

Humza Yousaf says they should. After all in his words there are a million of them and they are clearly all waiting for a new home. Strange how no muslim nations want them in their countries mind. Then again they did have a bit of a Black September.. Maybe he should ask Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Lebanon how things went when they let palestinians in?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

There's millions of refugees in Muslim countries already. Do a bit of research. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

There's millions of refugees in Muslim countries already. Do a bit of research. 

What muslim nations have opened their borders are are letting in palastinains that have been affected by last weeks events then?

Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon already have millions. How many more can they possibly take in? 

41 minutes ago, Herman said:

Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon already have millions. How many more can they possibly take in? 

Proving yet again if you want a serious answer to a valid question don't ask Herman.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Humza Yousaf says they should. After all in his words there are a million of them and they are clearly all waiting for a new home. Strange how no muslim nations want them in their countries mind. Then again they did have a bit of a Black September.. Maybe he should ask Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Lebanon how things went when they let palestinians in?

I must say, I quite like Yousaf. Possibly the only Muslim world leader who wants to give Palestinian people a way out instead of regarding them as tools to keep the cause alive.

Quite a lot of Palestinian  refugees in Jordan …

Having driven them out some decades ago Israel won’t let them back and therein lies some of the roots of the current conflict … 

Some in Israel might like the populace of Gaza (many previously uprooted from land now in Israel) to be moved to Egypt permanently - hence the Egyptians reluctance to open their border ….

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Its funny how we are told by right wing zealots like Jools that we cannot take migrants in. Yet countries that already have taken millions of refugees over the decades are told, you take them, they are Muslim. Jordan has taken in over 2 million alone. And don't the idiots realise that Gaza was never meant to have that many but Israels partitioning and land grabbing has forced them there.

Cambridge must be bricking it in case a nasty flea ridden, Muslim terrorist moves in next door. He won't object if one of them saves his life in hospital. Bigot.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its funny how we are told by right wing zealots like Jools that we cannot take migrants in. Yet countries that already have taken millions of refugees over the decades are told, you take them, they are Muslim. Jordan has taken in over 2 million alone. And don't the idiots realise that Gaza was never meant to have that many but Israels partitioning and land grabbing has forced them there.

Cambridge must be bricking it in case a nasty flea ridden, Muslim terrorist moves in next door. He won't object if one of them saves his life in hospital. Bigot.

On the subject of potentially large numbers of Palestinian refugees, given the very large net migration figures in recent years and the fact that the CofE and other flavours of Christianity seem to be on the decline in this country, what do you think the critical mass of Muslims would need to be for the UK to become a de facto Islamic nation?  And would you welcome that outcome?  

Edited by Naturalcynic

19 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

On the subject of potentially large numbers of Palestinian refugees, given the very large net migration figures in recent years and the fact that the CofE and other flavours of Christianity seem to be on the decline in this country, what do you think the critical mass of Muslims would need to be for the UK to become a de facto Islamic nation?  And would you welcome that outcome?  

What have you to be frightened of? Only some stupid headlines in right wing newspapers. And with your avatar I'm surprised you believe it. They do not want to live here for a start. They want to live in Palestine. And lets face it, they wouldn't be very welcome by many of you would they.

Personally, I think anyone who believes there is an omnipotent God is barking mad. I believe faith is a good thing but to believe there is a heaven or hell for instance just doesn't make sense.

So if you mean, would I welcome living in the UK under Sharia Law or not allowed a pint of Guinness, then of course not. But there again I do not for one moment believe that is going to happen. Your anxieties are ill founded.

However, how many Haredi Jews would it take for us to become a de facto country with no internet, tv etc? 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What have you to be frightened of? Only some stupid headlines in right wing newspapers. And with your avatar I'm surprised you believe it. They do not want to live here for a start. They want to live in Palestine. And lets face it, they wouldn't be very welcome by many of you would they.

Personally, I think anyone who believes there is an omnipotent God is barking mad. I believe faith is a good thing but to believe there is a heaven or hell for instance just doesn't make sense.

So if you mean, would I welcome living in the UK under Sharia Law or not allowed a pint of Guinness, then of course not. But there again I do not for one moment believe that is going to happen. Your anxieties are ill founded.

However, how many Haredi Jews would it take for us to become a de facto country with no internet, tv etc? 

Personally, I think anyone who believes there is an omnipotent God is barking mad.

Well, at least we can agree on that.

I suspect many Muslims already living in the UK would very much welcome Sharia law and the non-availability of your pint of Guinness.  Many Islamic countries already have exactly those policies, so if numbers of Muslims in the UK were to carry on increasing then what makes you think it couldn’t become a reality here?

I’m not aware that Haredi Jews make up a particularly high proportion of migrants to this country and certainly I don’t think many of them pay people smugglers to bring them here.  Given there are only about 75,000 of them in the UK compared with 4 million Muslims (increasing all the time) I think the potential influence of the latter on your pint of Guinness is far more likely to become an issue.

7 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Personally, I think anyone who believes there is an omnipotent God is barking mad.

Well, at least we can agree on that.

I suspect many Muslims already living in the UK would very much welcome Sharia law and the non-availability of your pint of Guinness.  Many Islamic countries already have exactly those policies, so if numbers of Muslims in the UK were to carry on increasing then what makes you think it couldn’t become a reality here?

I’m not aware that Haredi Jews make up a particularly high proportion of migrants to this country and certainly I don’t think many of them pay people smugglers to bring them here.  Given there are only about 75,000 of them in the UK compared with 4 million Muslims (increasing all the time) I think the potential influence of the latter on your pint of Guinness is far more likely to become an issue.

So you think all British Muslims are terrorists and not all Nadiya Hussains?

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So you think all British Muslims are terrorists and not all Nadiya Hussains?

Are you equating the possible imposition of Sharia law and the banning of alcohol at some future stage with terrorism? Because I haven’t said that at all, although you seem to be putting words into my mouth.  The Islamic country I lived in had Sharia law and no alcohol, but they weren’t (and aren’t) terrorists.

Edited by Naturalcynic

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Are you equating the possible imposition of Sharia law and the banning of alcohol at some future stage with terrorism? Because I haven’t said that at all, although you seem to be putting words into my mouth.  The Islamic country I lived in had Sharia law and no alcohol, but they weren’t (and aren’t) terrorists.

To be fair, you'll never be able to take Buckfast off the Scots!

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

Good. But if you have lived among Muslims why would you have any worries about them living here?

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Good. But if you have lived among Muslims why would you have any worries about them living here?

They're Palestinians - Denmark took in 321 Palestinian refugees back in 1992 -- By 2019 64% had been convicted of a crime (including 34% of their children too). 

A very large portion were also on welfare -- They'd fit right in in Scotland 🙃

Edited by Hook's-Walk-Canary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

They're Palestinians - Denmark took in 321 Palestinian refugees back in 1992 -- By 2019 64% had been convicted of a crime (including 34% of their children too). 

A very large portion were also on welfare. 

Well why don't they deport them? I have no objections to migrants. My Grandfather was one. They enhance us. But I also have no problem with deporting them, within the first 5 years, if they turn to crime. And if they are getting benefits then more fool the system that gives it to them. Change the system. Initial help financially but then benefits have to be earned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If you cast your mind back, I asked you, in the face of continued high levels of migration to the UK, what you thought the critical mass of Muslims would need to be for the UK to effectively be pushed into becoming an Islamic country, complete with Sharia law and a Guinness ban, but you’ve singularly failed to address that, other than saying it won’t happen.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well why don't they deport them? I have no objections to migrants. My Grandfather was one. They enhance us. But I also have no problem with deporting them, within the first 5 years, if they turn to crime. And if they are getting benefits then more fool the system that gives it to them. Change the system. Initial help financially but then benefits have to be earned.

Yes, we agree on something, Grandpa, they should be deported - as should the 45,000 Muslims on UK terrorist watchlists..

Let that sink in -- 45,000.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

If you cast your mind back, I asked you, in the face of continued high levels of migration to the UK, what you thought the critical mass of Muslims would need to be for the UK to effectively be pushed into becoming an Islamic country, complete with Sharia law and a Guinness ban, but you’ve singularly failed to address that, other than saying it won’t happen.

It won't. That is your answer. Can't make it any clearer. Yours is nothing more than a supposition. I would need an algorithm to even speculate.

3 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Given that the UK is technically a Christian country due to the current Monarch and their family being Christian and that the king is effectively ruling most our institutions and with him being officialy the Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England I'm pretty sure the only way for the UK to technically become an Islamic country and or state is for our current king or queen to be muslim.

Do you see that happening any time soon? Do you see Buckingham Palace being converted into a mosque and being renamed the Palace of Allah and for the islamic call to prayer to be broadcast on BBC One every day? No?

Yeah I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon

1 minute ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Yes, we agree on something, Grandpa, they should be deported - as should the 45,000 Muslims on UK terrorist watchlists..

Let that sink in -- 45,000.

You type the wrong thing in Google and you will be on a watchlist. Of course they will be. Many Muslims is this country will be friends with those on the real watchlist.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given that the UK is technically a Christian country due to the current Monarch and their family being Christian and that the king is effectively ruling most our institutions and with him being officialy the Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England I'm pretty sure the only way for the UK to technically become an Islamic country and or state is for our current king or queen to be muslim.

Do you see that happening any time soon? Do you see Buckingham Palace being renamed the Palace of Allah and for the islamic call to prayer to be broadcast on BBC One every day? No?

Yeah I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon

I really wouldn’t be so sure.  You forget that many left-wingers, including some on here, wish for an end to the monarchy.  Now consider the increase in numbers of Muslims in the UK population: in 1991 it was less than a million, by 2011 it was 2.5 million, now it’s 4 million.  With the ongoing huge numbers of migrants, what do you think that number will be in another 20 years?  10 million?  More?  

1 hour ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

A very large portion were also on welfare -- They'd fit right in in Scotland 🙃

Here's the story

A copy paste in quotation marks, below 

"1991-1992: The Palestinian Cases

In the summer of 1991, over 300 Palestinians from Lebanon had their asylum applications rejected, and the reason given was that the conditions in Lebanon were becoming more peaceful and that there were therefore no grounds for asylum. The asylum seekers were to be sent home. In September, nearly 100 of the rejected asylum seekers occupied Enghave Church in Copenhagen and later Blågårds Church, also in the capital. The priest and a united congregation gave the Palestinians ‘church asylum’, that is, protection under the sanctity of the church, a principle that has existed since Roman times. This type of protection does not have legal status in Danish law, but the authorities were in any event very reluctant to violate it.

The occupation of the church created a lot of attention around the case and led to a people’s movement that demanded that the Palestinians should get permanent residency on humanitarian grounds. The Conservative Minister of Justice Hans Engell (b.1948) rejected all appeals indicating that the cases had been treated according to the rules, and that the legal provisions allowing residency for humanitarian reasons were intended only for individuals and not for groups consisting of hundreds of people.

In January 1992, a Member of Parliament for the Social-Liberal party, Elisabeth Arnold (b. 1941), addressed parliament on the issue. She put forward a bill that would give the group of Palestinians permanent residency for humanitarian reasons given that they had already been in the country for more than a year. Arnold soon got support from SF and the Social Democratic Party. On 27th February 1992, the bill passed into law with a majority carried by parties that were not in fact in government allowing the 321 Palestinians from Lebanon to obtain permanent residence permits.

‘The Palestinians' law’ has subsequently been heavily criticised for breaking with the usual legislative practice and the rule of law because it was about specific people and did not apply to others. The law was equally important due its undermining of the asylum system. At the time, the law further polarised the debate on immigration; an opinion poll showed that less than 20% of the population supported it."

Many other Palestinians, other than these 321 live, or have lived in Denmark. It would be interesting to see the crime rates for those people, as a comparison 

9 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Here's the story

A copy paste in quotation marks, below 

"1991-1992: The Palestinian Cases

In the summer of 1991, over 300 Palestinians from Lebanon had their asylum applications rejected, and the reason given was that the conditions in Lebanon were becoming more peaceful and that there were therefore no grounds for asylum. The asylum seekers were to be sent home. In September, nearly 100 of the rejected asylum seekers occupied Enghave Church in Copenhagen and later Blågårds Church, also in the capital. The priest and a united congregation gave the Palestinians ‘church asylum’, that is, protection under the sanctity of the church, a principle that has existed since Roman times. This type of protection does not have legal status in Danish law, but the authorities were in any event very reluctant to violate it.

The occupation of the church created a lot of attention around the case and led to a people’s movement that demanded that the Palestinians should get permanent residency on humanitarian grounds. The Conservative Minister of Justice Hans Engell (b.1948) rejected all appeals indicating that the cases had been treated according to the rules, and that the legal provisions allowing residency for humanitarian reasons were intended only for individuals and not for groups consisting of hundreds of people.

In January 1992, a Member of Parliament for the Social-Liberal party, Elisabeth Arnold (b. 1941), addressed parliament on the issue. She put forward a bill that would give the group of Palestinians permanent residency for humanitarian reasons given that they had already been in the country for more than a year. Arnold soon got support from SF and the Social Democratic Party. On 27th February 1992, the bill passed into law with a majority carried by parties that were not in fact in government allowing the 321 Palestinians from Lebanon to obtain permanent residence permits.

‘The Palestinians' law’ has subsequently been heavily criticised for breaking with the usual legislative practice and the rule of law because it was about specific people and did not apply to others. The law was equally important due its undermining of the asylum system. At the time, the law further polarised the debate on immigration; an opinion poll showed that less than 20% of the population supported it."

Many other Palestinians, other than these 321 live, or have lived in Denmark. It would be interesting to see the crime rates for those people, as a comparison 

https://www.ft.dk/samling/20191/almdel/uui/spm/412/svar/1691136/2247791.pdf

https://piopio.dk/palaestinensere-er-endt-i-kriminalitet-og-paa-offentlig-forsoergelse

9 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

I saw both of those while googling the claim that over 200 of the 321 Palestinian immigrants had committed a crime.

There isn't a lot else available on the internet to provide any perspective to this story. Unless maybe I set my VPN to a .dk domain 

Lots of people will be watched because of believes they watch and put on the internet. Going by some of the things you put on here, I would suspect Jools that certainly some of the people you follow will be on the watch list

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Lots of people will be watched because of believes they watch and put on the internet. Going by some of the things you put on here, I would suspect Jools that certainly some of the people you follow will be on the watch list

Well if it wasnt for half my internet data being sold to China already I would probably be a little worried about MI5 stalking my internet history but just in the off chance they're watching I have just one thing to say

Do you guys have anything like that invisible Aston Martin from that one James Bond movie? If so can I take it for a test drive?

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well if it wasnt for half my internet data being sold to China already I would probably be a little worried about MI5 stalking my internet history but just in the off chance they're watching I have just one thing to say

Do you guys have anything like that invisible Aston Martin from that one James Bond movie? If so can I take it for a test drive?

How do you think they stop most terrorist incidents, do you think they assign a plain clothes policeman to follow every single Muslim or person you don’t like. No wonder the police struggle to do their job.

You may think your views are extreme, but they are only about 10% of some of the things Jools seems to search and believe in.