Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Will City Join

I think it's nonsense. These aren't holiday flights, they're for business purposes.

Footballers are regularly nursing minor injuries which will only be made worse by sitting on a coach for hours on end. The players, like it or not, are business assets and should be treated as such. If you have a precious commodity you look after it. 

In the late 70's we went a game short of 2 whole seasons without winning an away game but finished mid table by winning most home games. When John Bond was asked why he simply replied "the A17". 

The impact on the environment isn't nonsense, nor is it differentiated by whether a flight is for recreational or business purposes.

I'd like to see a detailed travel plan, more out of interest really, on how NCFC gets to away games particularly when the stadium isn't in close proximity to an airport.

From a football perspective it isn't doing us any good this season, our away form is pretty chronic, plus we have more injuries than ever!

• Thanks 1

Pro coaches and physios are able to offer demonstrable benefits for recovery  . You won’t find any of the top clubs (those that can afford to do it ) stopping this . No chance. 

If we went down that route I would be deeply suspicious of the motives. It is an expensive way to travel. It would be money saving first , morals second. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Even if the squad and the staff essentials (and including the club tagalong klingons) fly to away games....The team transport coaches also travel to the away venue....

It's a lot easier for someone like Millwall since pretty much every road in this country goes to London.

A sensible compromise would be for the clubs to agree a minimum distance below which they wouldn't fly.

Any reduction in air travel will help to mitigate climate change, however, given that FIFA in their wisdom have decided to spread the 2030 World Cup across three continents I do feel that those in power are rendering whatever we are asked to do as individuals almost pointless. 

So this is a club based in London, who have good Road and rail connections to the whole country. 4 lower division clubs who probably can’t afford to fly anyway, including one owned by Dale Vince who until recently was funding ‘Just Stop Oil’ and Bristol City who are based next to the M4 and M5 motorways.

I don’t see any comparison with Norwich at all!