stewfil

Can anyone catch Leicester and Ipswich

On 11/10/2023 at 21:57, cambridgeshire canary said:

You expect me to read a post? I just go by title. Like the news, who needs to read the story just go by headline line

I realise that you're trying to be funny and make a joke of it but I still can't understand. Do you really not give a sh*t enough to actually read anything anyone posts and just knee-jerk reaction to everything? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Binners will get 100 points and 100 goals. At the very least. And some of the contributors on this thread will have an erection ‘til doomsday…

At last - I have something to look forward to this season.

• Haha 1

So many Canary fans seem to have their yellow and green tinted specs on and are in denial with regards the amazing Phoenix like rise of the Binners.

Quite frankly, their recovery, after years in the wilderness, has been beyond belief. It is not just their long run of results, but also the way that they are achieved.

It really has to be down to one man as the club in its self is and never has been anything special; Kieran McKenna. He seems to stand out in these days when modern young coaches with up-to-date ideas based upon tactics, technique and technology are becoming the need. He also seems to have his players 100% on board thus turning ordinary performers into a team of quality.

Putting it bluntly he is a Paul Lambert with a much, much more sophisticated grasp of tactics and one that is in tune with the game today. It now seems certain that he will achieve the same, back to back promotions.

I have almost given up waiting for that bubble to burst as they seem to steam-roller all with their never-say-die approach. 

Gushing? Yes! Do I hate it? You bet.

That little old ITFC is riding on the crest of a wave whilst NCFC wallows in Jurassic Park is as indigestible as the average pap served up as food at most sporting venues.

The only glimmer of hope now retained by the average Binner-loathing City fan that their club's long-standing supremacy over their neighbours is not lost for the foreseeable future is that McKenna is snapped up sooner (very) rather than later by one of the big boys, and I mean big.

Prediction (1) :-

Keiran McKenna will be Manchester United manager within one/two years if that club continues to be in the doldrums with their current coach. Too soon, you bleat ... well if they can appoint OGS then they will surely seriously consider appointing a young man schooled at their so-called 'theatre of dreams.'  and who is another of their own but with better credentials. 

Prediction (2)

Pension fund or not the Binners will then return to their rightful status of being that quite unremarkable small club in that quite unremarkable small town. The gang of goodness knows how many bull shiners and chancers currently feeding off that fund will then be exposed for the frauds that they are. The house of 'cads' will surely collapse.

I enjoy a good Binner-fest on here as much as the next man. Our long-standing** supremacy over that lot has been a joy to behold. The tables have been turned, unfortunately. Short may it last.

** This has been longer than the last decade and a bit. Even a brief study of league standings and support since the day they lost Bobby Robson belies their obsession with their 'history or the schoolboy mantra that they are somehow "Kings of Anglia."

OTBC.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Why would Canary Fans not wear yellow and green glasses? This always amazes me. Is there some sort of weird kudos in not being biased in favour of your own team? I believe Fulham had a ‘neutral area’ in their ground. If we had one it would sell out first…

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Why would Canary Fans not wear yellow and green glasses? This always amazes me. Is there some sort of weird kudos in not being biased in favour of your own team? I believe Fulham had a ‘neutral area’ in their ground. If we had one it would sell out first…

Who said that they shouldn't? I certainly didn't. 

"Amazes?"

What a peculiar and shallow deduction from the words used ie. that wearing them on should not blind us from the reality of this (or any) situation with regards our club or our rivals. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Who said that they shouldn't? I certainly didn't. 

"Amazes?"

What a peculiar and shallow deduction from the words used ie. that wearing them on should not blind us from the reality of this (or any) situation with regards our club or our rivals. 

It amazes me that your post was built on some deficiency you perceive in canary fans opposed to your amazing binners phoenix like rise  from their ashes.

I wouldn’t comment if you just lauded the binners and left your views on city fans out  of it.

Actually I probably would but it would be a more honest exchange…

Edited by nutty nigel

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It amazes me that your post was built on some deficiency you perceive in canary fans opposed to your amazing binners phoenix like rise  from their ashes.

I wouldn’t comment if you just lauded the binners and left your views on city fans out  of it. 

I think you'll find that far from "lauding" the Binners in my posting that I intentionally honed in on their young manager when dishing out the honours.

My appraisal of ITFC was, as ever, quite devoid of any  positivity ... quite damning in fact. Read beyond the first line.

Just how the mention of wearing green and yellow tinted specs in the way I did could be so sensitively deduced as citing "a deficiency in canary fans"  beats me. 

I wear mine all the time. They do not blind me though. 

Perhaps I should have said 'using' to make it simpler for you.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

So many Canary fans seem to have their yellow and green tinted specs on and are in denial with regards the amazing Phoenix like rise of the Binners.

It’s just that your whole post was built on this opening gambit.

Why not just post about the binners? Most of us happy clappers in yellow and green glasses will never give them credit for anything. Rightfully so.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

It’s just that your whole post was built on this opening gambit.

Why not just post about the binners? Most of us happy clappers in yellow and green glasses will never give them credit for anything. Rightfully so.

Was it?

Really?

Most of the post was about the qualities of the manager, the awfulness of the gang of three/five/ten or whatever, the ordinariness of the club and its inevitable and eventual demise once they lose that manger and the bubble bursts. 

It is not likely to burst this season though, which is the premise of this thread and despite a certain need to undermine the current achievements of that lot by facile reasoning. 

However, they may well be floating upon a fragile and short-lived  momentum.

They may well have had an easy fixture list so far.

They may well wilt and fade as the long hard season unwinds and injuries take their toll. 

They may well have even been lucky.

I genuinely hope all these are viable points and that they tumble down the league.

I just can't see it, unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Was it?

Really?

Most of the post was about the qualities of the manager, the awfulness of the gang of three/five/ten or whatever, the ordinariness of the club and its inevitable and eventual demise once they lose that manger and the bubble bursts. 

It is not likely to burst this season though, which is the premise of this thread and despite a certain need to undermine the current achievements of that lot by facile reasoning. 

However, they may well be floating upon a fragile and short-lived  momentum.

They may well have had an easy fixture list so far.

They may well wilt and fade as the long hard season unwinds and injuries take their toll. 

They may well have even been lucky.

I genuinely hope all these are viable points and that they tumble down the league.

I just can't see it, unfortunately.

So why the opening paragraph about canary fans you deem to be in denial?

Is it to make it relevant to this board?

Still, I welcome it. I like to think this binfest is all a ruse to get King Keano back to pay his dues. So you really are a secret agent for Rays Funds :classic_ninja:

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So why the opening paragraph about canary fans you deem to be in denial?

Is it to make it relevant to this board?

Still, I welcome it. I like to think this binfest is all a ruse to get King Keano back to pay his dues. So you really are a secret agent for Rays Funds :classic_ninja:

Jesus H.

It's like trudging through mud.

I give up.

Perhaps I should have done after reading this:

"Most of us happy clappers in yellow and green glasses will never give them credit for anything. Rightfully so."

Edited by BroadstairsR

Getting back on topic.....with 28 points from 11 games, the Binners need just 47 more from 35 games to qualify for the playoffs. That's 1.34 per game, or 12 wins, 11 draws and 12 defeats. So mid table form from here on in will get them to at least 6th. Their form would have to fall off a cliff for them not to make the playoffs.

I think they are catchable for the top two but not by us, unfortunately. Leeds, Southampton and possibly Middlesbro have the best chance. I think Coventry then make up the top 6. I've always had us as mid table, even with the good start.

Been away for ten days and come back to find a lack of awareness to what unfortunately is currently taking place down in Binland and that is the fact that they are on a run which will end in probable promotion.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Jesus H.

It's like trudging through mud.

I give up.

Perhaps I should have done after reading this:

"Most of us happy clappers in yellow and green glasses will never give them credit for anything. Rightfully so."

Why bring Jesus into it?

What is it about my statement that would cause you to give up?

Oh for that old sub-forum called ‘other football’

If they beat us I’ll put up a Mars Bar for the poster who can prove they predicted it first…

Edited by nutty nigel

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Why bring Jesus into it?

What is it about my statement that would cause you to give up?

Oh for that old sub-forum called ‘other football’

If they beat us I’ll put up a Mars Bar for the poster who can prove they predicted it first…

Do try to stop wandering.

They say vitamin B12 helps.

I take fish oil myself.

BroadstairsR

I have given up expecting these to actually read the posts.

Most seem to pick out print bites and react to them.

Dont write anything more than 2 sentences. They cant cope

12 hours ago, Ness Point Runner said:

BroadstairsR

I have given up expecting these to actually read the posts.

Most seem to pick out print bites and react to them.

Dont write anything more than 2 sentences. They cant cope

Whilst it seems to be 'dishing out advice day' might I suggest that you refrain from  sticking your bluenose into discussions between genuine members of this forum, whether they concern your insignificant little club or not.

Correction: You are perfectly welcome to come on here when you lose that manager of yours and the inevitable and usual decline sets in.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

I am a member of this forum !

I cant spend too long on here now because I have to watch 2 town players playing at Wembley.

If you lot cant cope !

He, he.

But they still wont read anything longer than 2 lines.

Now isn’t this a heart warming exchange. I hope you two can remain platonic.

Being a binner would be a really scarey proposition but being mistaken for a binner? My family would disown me…

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Being a binner would be a really scarey proposition but being mistaken for a binner? My family would disown me…

I think perhaps you might well have got the wrong end of the stick ...... as usual.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think perhaps you might well have got the wrong end of the stick ...... as usual.

Perhaps, who knows. But I’m glad our pet binner isn’t cosying up with me :classic_tongue:

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Perhaps, who knows. But I’m glad our pet binner isn’t cosying up with me :classic_tongue:

I can't say that I'm particularly bothered. Should I be?

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Your loss and their gain? 

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I can't say that I'm particularly bothered. Should I be?

I would be.

I’ve had more pleasant nightmares :classic_wacko:

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’re on the shortlist for the Mars Bar…

Good one though wasn’t it? 

I wouldn’t be proud of winning it.

If we get a few more binners and closet binners together on this thread perhaps you could all chip in a fiver and pay up for your comrade King Keano.

Being mistaken for a binner….

WOW

Edited by nutty nigel

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I would be.

I’ve had more pleasant nightmares :classic_wacko:

Oh dear! But nevertheless quite the reaction to be expected from one capable of such mature gems as this:-

I do actually understand  that sentiment though because it was once familiar to me. I was sixteen at the time mind and have gained more years and less parochialism since then.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh dear! But nevertheless quite the reaction to be expected from one capable of such mature gems as this:-

I do actually understand  that sentiment though because it was once familiar to me. I was sixteen at the time mind and have gained more years and less parochialism since then.

Well done.

All those years and now you get mistaken for a binner.

You must be feeling so proud right now.