20 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The arrogance of you telling people to shush. Get fu(ked 

shush shush little child sit down and drink your milk.

I do love how you do manage to get round the swear filter (very grown up of you)

But you fail to take my point on and dont have an answer.
Act like a child get treated like one.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

18 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why would we? We were playing OK. Now we have had as many bad games. Tell us what hasgonewrong if you are so level headed and balanced? Because it isn't the fans who sang their hearts out today.

Injuries. It's not that hard to work out. Trouble is people are more energised about a chance to rant at bad results and find a scapegoat.

20 hours ago, S_81 said:

Not as angry as the fans are that that muppet is still in the job, and his mate still at our club 

Pointless just changing manager when those at the top remain in charge, calling the shots, identifying the players, setting the budgets and employing the manager. Club is in a rut, changing manager will achieve **** all....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Injuries. It's not that hard to work out. Trouble is people are more energised about a chance to rant at bad results and find a scapegoat.

It's always injuries, was last year and it is now. That's why the SD has to build a decent squad..he hasn't .. he says he is off... go now bring in some fresh faces, ideas ..energy 

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Pointless just changing manager when those at the top remain in charge, calling the shots, identifying the players, setting the budgets and employing the manager. Club is in a rut, changing manager will achieve **** all....

I agree with the majority of what you say, but still feel a better manager does better than Wagner 

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

shush shush little child sit down and drink your milk.

I do love how you do manage to get round the swear filter (very grown up of you)

But you fail to take my point on and dont have an answer.
Act like a child get treated like one.

I’ll humour you.  When Shef U react to this drubbing by sacking Heckingbottom I think we should move for him. 

And whilst I’m not convinced his football would suit us - I do think Nathan Jones would do a better job than David Wagner. 

Just now, S_81 said:

I’ll humour you.  When Shef U react to this drubbing by sacking Heckingbottom I think we should move for him. 

And whilst I’m not convinced his football would suit us - I do think Nathan Jones would do a better job than David Wagner. 

dean smith: Norwich City manager Dean Smith sacked after Boxing Day defeat  - The Economic Times

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

dean smith: Norwich City manager Dean Smith sacked after Boxing Day defeat  - The Economic Times

Nah, he was clueless, both have more about them. Especially Heckingbottom. 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Nah, he was clueless, both have more about them. Especially Heckingbottom. 

You already said your not convinced Jones football would suit us, so surely he would just be another Smith?
We dont need to swap manager quite yet, do you really want to be on the receiving end of a drubbing from the likes of Newcastle? A team that should have been relegated before the Saudi's arrived?
Im quite happy being little old Nodge top 10 Championship rather than suffer another season of getting smashed to bits.

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

You already said your not convinced Jones football would suit us, so surely he would just be another Smith?
We dont need to swap manager quite yet, do you really want to be on the receiving end of a drubbing from the likes of Newcastle? A team that should have been relegated before the Saudi's arrived?
Im quite happy being little old Nodge top 10 Championship rather than suffer another season of getting smashed to bits.

The concern has to be though that under Wagner’s end to last season, and some of the ‘form’ being showed now - Championship status is no guarantee. If Heckingbottom becomes available I’d say bye bye David. 

Edited by S_81

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

The concern has to be though that under Wagner’s end to last season, and some of the ‘form’ being showed now - Championship status is no guarantee. If Heckingbottom becomes available I’d say bye bye David. 

Similar argument to last season with Smith, he had that "winning run" but in my eyes we were never convincing.
Under Wagner we have been convincing. I still think wait and see.
I dont think Ipswich in the league or top of the league is doing us much good. Fair play to them, football is cyclic and they are looking good, but the natural order has us on top.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Similar argument to last season with Smith, he had that "winning run" but in my eyes we were never convincing.
Under Wagner we have been convincing. I still think wait and see.
I dont think Ipswich in the league or top of the league is doing us much good. Fair play to them, football is cyclic and they are looking good, but the natural order has us on top.

As much as I hate to say it I think Ipswich will be above us this year. I don’t think they’ll be top two, but I think they’ll make the play offs. 

This season was always going to be a transition for us - but despite a couple of promising performances early on I don’t see much difference right now to his 1 win in 13 or whatever it was at the end of the season. I don’t think he’s the man for the job, but it will likely need Webber gone before the next person comes in. 

I really do fear where abouts we are by that point. We’ve had an easy start and that’s the only reason IMO we are not further down the league. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

As much as I hate to say it I think Ipswich will be above us this year. I don’t think they’ll be top two, but I think they’ll make the play offs. 

This season was always going to be a transition for us - but despite a couple of promising performances early on I don’t see much difference right now to his 1 win in 13 or whatever it was at the end of the season. I don’t think he’s the man for the job, but it will likely need Webber gone before the next person comes in. 

I really do fear where abouts we are by that point. We’ve had an easy start and that’s the only reason IMO we are not further down the league. 

We had a pretty ****e year with Farke and then he magically turned it around and we went up.
Its still early days, yesterdays result stunk but its what we do next.

By January the whole league will look different i am sure.

21 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

This is the point Wagner has to start to earn his money. He’d built the team around the attributes of Barnes and Sargent, unfortunately we’ve now lost both for a length of time so he has to try and find a new system to tide us over until the new year.

Realistically this isn’t going to see us score the amount of goals we were at the start of the season, as I don’t think Idah and Hwang are as good as those we have lost, so we may have to settle with packing the midfield and being being harder to beat for a while and grinding out draws and the odd win. If he can keep us close to the playoffs until those two are back in the side I’ll be happy personally, though too many performances like today would obviously soon see that slip away. 

Yeah I agree. It’s a bit worrying it needed a capitulation at Plymouth for him to realise you can’t just drop Hwang and Idah into the Barnes and Sargent roles and play the same way.

I think we’ll see Gibbs  or Forshaw come in for either Hwang or Idah to partner McLean,  and Sara is pushed into the advanced 10 role. McLeans position in the side shouldn’t be a given though! 

I think Sainz will start when fit, with either Hernandez and Rowe the other side. I can see Fassnacht being dropped. I’d be shocked not see Batth for Gibson too.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us line up next week like below;

Stacey  Duffy  Batth Dimi

McLean Forshaw 

Hernandez Sara  Sainz  

Idah 

I really miss Barnes and Sarge…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

We had a pretty ****e year with Farke and then he magically turned it around and we went up.
Its still early days, yesterdays result stunk but its what we do next.

By January the whole league will look different i am sure.

Rotherham was poor. And not sure how we got a result v Stoke. Whilst I wasn’t expecting to ship 6 v Plymouth I thought we’d lose that. Not expecting anything at Fulham, of course. But we need a huge response v Brum. 

Yeh we need a response, it seems the Norwich way but we have had our hands bitten by injury almost every year ( you would think they would learn?)
Sarge is / was a huge loss and dont forget that Winger (forgot his name already!) who got injured straight after signing

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh we need a response, it seems the Norwich way but we have had our hands bitten by injury almost every year ( you would think they would learn?)
Sarge is / was a huge loss and dont forget that Winger (forgot his name already!) who got injured straight after signing

Rough luck re Sarge, Barnes, Sainz. Albeit the latter still could be anything. But would be nice to see. Mitigation to a degree. But not enough to cover yesterday. 

Just now, S_81 said:

Rough luck re Sarge, Barnes, Sainz. Albeit the latter still could be anything. But would be nice to see. Mitigation to a degree. But not enough to cover yesterday. 

I still think the team would have been quite exhausted from 3 in 7 days. But that also shows weak mental strength.
Would like to see Batth get a debut as well. 

I was thinking yesterday, Prem making his revival and Argos back in the mix, these are (well Argos is) much loved players but I feel they are yesterdays player. Springett if young is showing nothing as well. We really do have a weak squad this year.

Barnes played the last three prior to Plymouth so in reality we’ve lost Sargent and had a poor run which pretty much included the squad which started the season, so though it’s a hit I can’t see how anyone can really argue it’s down to injuries more it’s a concern of form, squad depth, fitness of an aging squad and coaching not changing out players when they’ve played two games a week since August!

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I still think the team would have been quite exhausted from 3 in 7 days. But that also shows weak mental strength.
Would like to see Batth get a debut as well. 

I was thinking yesterday, Prem making his revival and Argos back in the mix, these are (well Argos is) much loved players but I feel they are yesterdays player. Springett if young is showing nothing as well. We really do have a weak squad this year.

Still players in that squad that should really have been shown the door. Whilst we have cover in most places, much of what’s on offer is average to poor. That’s mitigating circumstance for Wagner, of course. 

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Still players in that squad that should really have been shown the door. Whilst we have cover in most places, much of what’s on offer is average to poor. That’s mitigating circumstance for Wagner, of course. 

Yeah agreed, but who to replace them with?
Recruitment has been our problem since Brexit. The fact that we are unwilling to spend the cash and you have to pay £10m for someone worth £1m these days, which links to the Bottom of the Prem thread on here. 
Money is killing the game for anyone who isnt backed by a crook or Oil Nation.

40 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Yeah, but I fear it will be too early. I also think Wagner's replacement is already in the building - Pelach.

Wagner is a short term gig which is why he's on a rolling 12 mth contract.

We are in a bit of a muddle financially it would seem and I don't see us doing anything in the near future otherthan on the cheap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah, but I fear it will be too early. I also think Wagner's replacement is already in the building - Pelach.

We are in a bit of a muddle financially it would seem and I don't see us doing anything in the near future otherthan on the cheap.

Interesting Ive heard this one circling already from a few people in the know.

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sounds feasible. Young upcoming coach who actually curtailed his (inauspicious) playing career in his mid-twenties in order to concentrate upon coaching.

However, describing his role at City upon appointment in the following manner suggests that he might well have a lot still to learn when taking the last few games into account:-

“My role will be analysing the opponents, find out what they are doing in attack and defence and then try to help him with the game plan to face them, to prepare the team well..... "

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Sounds feasible. Young upcoming coach who actually curtailed his (inauspicious) playing career in his mid-twenties in order to concentrate upon coaching.

However, describing his role at City upon appointment in the following manner suggests that he might well have a lot still to learn when taking the last few games into account:-

“My role will be analysing the opponents, find out what they are doing in attack and defence and then try to help him with the game plan to face them, to prepare the team well..... "

Yeah I agree he has a lot to learn so I don't think Wagner's departure is imminent even if my succession planning hunch is already underway.