Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Adam Forshaw For Sure...

I noticed that he was particularly positive about Forshaw. I think he's genuinely impressed with the player, as he said elsewhere he'd give a more 'diplomatic' answer if he wasn't. 

He did also comment on building him up a lot which is obviously code for players with not so favourable injury history.

I think Forshaw if he remains fit will be a regular starter for us. Im just looking forward to Sainz being fit now.

If Forshaw is fully fit and confident, he is bound to be an important player this season. As with any player though, form and fitness is everything - Wagner is making the right noises though.  We've clearly got some very good players in this season. 

Edited by lake district canary

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So is he going to be off the bench or replace Kenny?

Just wondering where he fits in.

No one will ever replace King Kenny, he’s just signed up till 2027! We’re going to build a team around him! Forshaw will be on the bench!

• Like 1

People should remember there are a greater number of subs now. And it is very rare for us not to use all of them. Some of these 'older hands' might not be there to win games, but to hold out when we are ahead (if that makes sense). Collectively Duffy, Stacey, Bathh, Barnes and Forshaw have added a bit of muscle/steel to the squad. As well as experience. The knowledge of how to use a bit of gamesmanship, when needed. It won't be us getting bullied off the ball this season, or finding outselves struggling if a couple of key players are injured. We are covered. this is a squad to grind out the results, pretty or not. We will be top six come May, if not automatic.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

So is he going to be off the bench or replace Kenny?

Replace Kenny? Go wash your mouth out with soap!

• Haha 2

My Brentford supporting friends really liked Forshaw, but that was obviously pre-injuries (and I guess a lower league).  He’s one of those who is definitely good enough if he can steer clear of injury/manage himself.