5 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

Kevin Keegan style, I going to love I’m mean luv, the negativity that will seep out because we’ve lost a game. Wow. Woe is us, the board are worse that Oyston etc etc. A point today would of surprised me knowing a little bit about this division. The My football writer keyboards are tapping like made this weekend. 

We're not a serious football club...

Husbands and wives...

Aunties and Nephews...

Fathers and sons... (Oops not them)

8 hours ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Chicken: ignore the noise with DCB. He is Janus: on MyFootballWriter he appears to be the happiest clapper in the kingdom!

I’m not on my football writer…

11 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Not just in case we don’t achieve promotion, but also to help prepare for next summer in case we do achieve it - we all know what happened last time we won promotion already in debt......

We have not done anything to put us in a good position if we got promoted this season. We know at least 5 of our starters would not be good enough in the prem,  and we wouldn't have the money to pay them off and replace them with anything either.  This is a one season fix to Balance the books 

Just now, Sufyellow said:

We have not done anything to put us in a good position if we got promoted this season. We know at least 5 of our starters would not be good enough in the prem,  and we wouldn't have the money to pay them off and replace them with anything either.  This is a one season fix to Balance the books 

Well that's an improvement. All eleven weren't good enough last time...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I can’t quite believe this thread.  
We have sold our third choose CB who has a patchy fitness record for millions.  To replace him we have signed an experienced CB and sent the next two players on the development conveyor belt out on loan to league 2 teams.  

We have used that money to recruit an international attacker,  to support our Irish international striker - who is playing because our American international striker is injured.

There is a clear ambition and a plan, not quite sure what more Webber or Wagner can do.

He was third choice because he was not in the plans 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well that's an improvement. All eleven weren't good enough last time...

Yep , difference was we didn't buy them knowing that . We will not even have that amount of money to spend next time, so will still buy Players not good enough. Best have a few good years in the championship with no ambition , concentrate on the cups and maybe a playoff place but lose. 

10 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

We’ve exhausted so many avenues.

Maybe we should pray for new owners? If God wanted us to play at the top table, we surely would. 

I agree , selling Emi was when reality set in and apathy took over. I think for a lot of us it was the end of the Dream.  With the owners we have there is nowhere else to go , every Avenue has been tried. It's not  a dig at the owners just football really has moved on. We need to settle for the championship,  that's the club we are and nothing else. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Well b back said:

Didn’t you tell us the same thing when we sold the Murphy’s, Godfrey etc.

I would of took Godfrey back on loan with an option to buy over a one year deal unwanted Sunderland defender. 

19 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Yep , difference was we didn't buy them knowing that . We will not even have that amount of money to spend next time, so will still buy Players not good enough. Best have a few good years in the championship with no ambition , concentrate on the cups and maybe a playoff place but lose. 

So how many players do our rivals have who are good enough for the PL. Bearing in mind you reckon possibly six of ours are. I'd take that. Love your positivity.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So how many players do our rivals have who are good enough for the PL. Bearing in mind you reckon possibly six of ours are. I'd take that. Love your positivity.

I haven't said six of ours are , I have said 5 of ours aren't. What players do you think have premier league potential? Sara, Sargent,  gunn, maybe Rowe really early to tell. 

7 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I haven't said six of ours are , I have said 5 of ours aren't. What players do you think have premier league potential? Sara, Sargent,  gunn, maybe Rowe really early to tell. 

I'm happy to go with your positivity. It's the first Saturday in September and doesn't really matter. If we're still having this conversation the first Saturday in May everyone, not just you positives, will have a much more positive view of our squad.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm happy to go with your positivity. It's the first Saturday in September and doesn't really matter. If we're still having this conversation the first Saturday in May everyone, not just you positives, will have a much more positive view of our squad.

I hope we have a good entertaining season, that's all we can hope for . 

12 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Omo was a great prospect but that's all. And how do you think we can build a team to actually compete against relegation in the prem? We know we can't buy players good enough to hit the ground running in the prem. So your ambition is a championship club? That is reality not ambition.  

In short, under the current ownership, I don’t think we can. We’re at our ceiling. It’s a massive shame because we all want to get to where Brighton are for example, but we can’t how things stand.

Doesn’t mean I’m not personally ambitious for it, it’s just reality.

I’ve got a niggling (hopeful) suspicion that our buying of short term, low transfer fee players is down to the fact that a change of ownership and leadership is in progress and we are keeping our spending tight until that’s sealed. If you were buying a business you wouldn’t want to see it splashing loss of cash on things that were going to become your responsibility I suspect. Equally if you were selling you would waste a load either. Long shot maybe but that’s my positive spin on things as they are. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

I’ve got a niggling (hopeful) suspicion that our buying of short term, low transfer fee players is down to the fact that a change of ownership and leadership is in progress and we are keeping our spending tight until that’s sealed. If you were buying a business you wouldn’t want to see it splashing loss of cash on things that were going to become your responsibility I suspect. Equally if you were selling you would waste a load either. Long shot maybe but that’s my positive spin on things as they are. 

Against that, if something constructive were in progress, you'd think that there would be behind the scenes agreement between the parties on a progressive policy, rather than this short-term, low quality approach, would you not?

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Woah there……..some on here say we’re not in the entertainment industry ( wink )

Well , football is definitely not a sport anymore , it gets more like wrestling every week,  when you see some of those VAR  decisions. Unfortunately money took it away from being a sport years ago.