Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Midlands Nap Of The Night

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Brilliant @Midlands Yellow,  who is your insider?

Tea leaves!! Joking apart Hibs v Villa stunk goals today. I’m just happy I’ve made a few quid and booked decent digs near the cathedral for the Leicester match.

Can anyone recommend a decent quick train journey to the coast the day after the match as my daughter wants to see the sea. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Tea leaves!! Joking apart Hibs v Villa stunk goals today. I’m just happy I’ve made a few quid and booked decent digs near the cathedral for the Leicester match.

Can anyone recommend a decent quick train journey to the coast the day after the match as my daughter wants to see the sea. 

Yarmouth in 20 minutes and regular

21 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fastest journey  to Yarco, 29 mins (average is 33 mins) longest 37 mins, bit of  walk to the beach mind (about a mile). Dare I say it but Lowestoft is 40 minutes and a short walk to the beach. If it is just the sea and not worried about the beach I would go for Cromer fastest train 38 mins and a short walk to the sea and much nicer than either Marco or Lowie...........

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Fastest journey  to Yarco, 29 mins (average is 33 mins) longest 37 mins, bit of  walk to the beach mind (about a mile). Dare I say it but Lowestoft is 40 minutes and a short walk to the beach. If it is just the sea and not worried about the beach I would go for Cromer fastest train 38 mins and a short walk to the sea and much nicer than either Marco or Lowie...........

Thank you, she’s mentioned Cromer. That would bring back memories of my father taking me to the sea front to see the crabs come in for a 6am treat. It’s so nice to smell and see the sea at least once a year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Thank you, she’s mentioned Cromer. That would bring back memories of my father taking me to the sea front to see the crabs come in for a 6am treat. It’s so nice to smell and see the sea at least once a year. 

Good luck finding it in Southport then!

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Cromer is great midlands 

Let’s try our luck in Istanbul tonight for Fenerbahçe v Twente. Two attacking teams so expect plenty of goals. Midlands says over 1.5 goals F/H @13/8 and over 2.5 goals F/H @ 6/1. 

On 23/08/2023 at 20:52, Midlands Yellow said:

Newquay..... takes about 18hrs and costs £345..one way , for kids.

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Definitely Cromer and if you can both be bothered get the Coast Hopper to Holkham. The best beach by far! 

I would suggest Sheringham, 5 mile along from Cromer -  far nicer now and has the added bonus of N Norfolk steam railway, opposite the station, great for kids. Probably a bit closer to the beach than Cromer

The Coastal Hopper takes just over an hour to Wells, then you have to wait to get the other Hopper to Holkham. Followed by a 15 minute walk to what is left of the beach, Marram and sea grass have now taken over and it is mainly used by walkers/dog walkers, and if the tide is out then no sea.

2018-Aug-c.-Georgia-DawsonIMG_0549-scaled.thumb.jpg.15eb9c48d00de25c2e432b92709aa912.jpg