Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Mbappe to Al Hilal..?

49 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh, they certainly not going to Saudi for the quality of football being played.

Has to be League Two? Or is that really unfair?

It's hard to say. They have coaches now of a better level. The money is the incentive. There has been quite a lot of Brazilian talent poached over there recently.  Not just guys at the end of their career.  

I'm sorry , I hate 😔 to think of how it's going to end up. I've worked out there  , sorry its a **** haven. Money 💰 is the only factor why these players would want to waste 🗑 their life away in 🇸🇦

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nah , even the stadiums have  Aircon.😂

Exactly, they’ll have to live indoors 24/7!    What kind of lifestyle is that when you’re missing out on all the greenery and extremes of weather.   Saudis are used to it! 

Being reported he's being offered 700million for ONE SEASON,  mental that's 15million a week roughly. The total deal would be 1 Billion for just one season.

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

It's hard to say. They have coaches now of a better level. The money is the incentive. There has been quite a lot of Brazilian talent poached over there recently.  Not just guys at the end of their career.  

I'm sorry , I hate 😔 to think of how it's going to end up. I've worked out there  , sorry its a **** haven. Money 💰 is the only factor why these players would want to waste 🗑 their life away in 🇸🇦

What word was caught by the swear filter?

I genuinely don't know enough about the culture etc to not sound ignorant.

From what I gather no alcohol or drugs (outside the super rich I expect?) 

No gay / women's rights which comes hand in hand with some nasty punishments?

The only thing I have to go on is my father in law who was working in the middle east in the 80s he claims to have smoked a load of pot , drank loads of whiskey, Rip covers off books so that they didn't offend someone and watched public hangings.

I realise my lack of Saudi knowledge is basic and borderline offensive but it's like, it's not on my holiday destination list and never has been.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

"Tax Free" ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I genuinely don't know enough about the culture etc to not sound ignorant.

From what I gather no alcohol or drugs (outside the super rich I expect?) 

No gay / women's rights which comes hand in hand with some nasty punishments?

The only thing I have to go on is my father in law who was working in the middle east in the 80s he claims to have smoked a load of pot , drank loads of whiskey, Rip covers off books so that they didn't offend someone and watched public hangings.

I realise my lack of Saudi knowledge is basic and borderline offensive but it's like, it's not on my holiday destination list and never has been.

I find it hard to describe  but that word is Shìț. My opinion. I was there in the late 70s. A time I'd rather forget. Sorry, its just a place full of hypocrisy . End of Story.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh, they certainly not going to Saudi for the quality of football being played.

Has to be League Two? Or is that really unfair?

Unfair on league two

45 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Unfair on league two

Ha yeh kinda my thoughts.

My only football knowledge on that region is football manager based so yeh, on paper my van national team could give the Saudi national team a run out to be fair.

Will his game improve or deteriorate?

He probably couldn't care less on that sort of money but can't be of any benefit to France can it?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Will his game improve or deteriorate?

He probably couldn't care less on that sort of money but can't be of any benefit to France can it?

That's just it isn't it.

Frankly staying at PSG showed that he was a mercenary, if he really wanted to further himself and the national team it would have been serie a, la Liga or the prem. 

I don't think he cares it's just make as much money as possible before the age of 40.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ha yeh kinda my thoughts.

My only football knowledge on that region is football manager based so yeh, on paper my van national team could give the Saudi national team a run out to be fair.

Who are you managing? I'm currently in My 2nd season as Brackley Town boss in vanarama North. Sometime i like to do a random game and start off unemployed and they were the only team who'd have me. I've kept them in the league which was the aim. Hoping for a top 10 finish this time!

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Who are you managing? I'm currently in My 2nd season as Brackley Town boss in vanarama North. Sometime i like to do a random game and start off unemployed and they were the only team who'd have me. I've kept them in the league which was the aim. Hoping for a top 10 finish this time!

I took Brackley into the Champions League in FM10, one of my fondest FM saves.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

FC Isle of Man, game year is 2029/30 season. 

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Henderson has been heavily criticised by the LGBTQ community, and you can most certainly see why.

Yeah although I'd like to see any single one of them turn down the same offer.