With the season fast approaching, predictions for what city will do next season. And where will they finish in the league? 

Win some games they should lose, lose some games they should win, show flashes of what they are capable of but flatter to deceive in parts.

Too early in the window to say yet - both about us and everyone else - but particularly given the fact that we are (presumably) undergoing a thorough Wagnerisation in pre-season which is likely to be a fairly radical tactical and physical change for some.

I don't think (hope) we'll be quite as bad as last season, but the division should be stronger and to be frank I'm yet to be convinced by Wagner's overall tactical approach, especially the ongoing mystery of the disappearing midfield.

Heart says scrape playoffs.  Head says somewhere around 8th to 12th based on what we currently know.   But a lot can change between now and the start of the season.

Frankly after last year I'll be happy with mid-table, any signs of coherent progress and some decent football ...

• Like 1

It is to be hoped the Wagner scatter gun approach to substitutes may be a thing of the past.   Just throwing them in after 70 mins without any thought of how it might improve the teams performance. 

I would be quite optimistic that we could trouble top six if it were not for that dreadful ending to last season, which raised serious doubts about the manager and the mental strength of the team.

Putting this aside, and therefore fully accepting that the loss of key players like Hanley and McClean etc. was instrumental in that capitulation and also appreciating the reason for the type of acquisitions so far I feel that with one or two crucial additions we should do quite well.

But, who cannot but have doubts about David Wagner? Seems likeable, talks a good role but has already come out with some surprising pronouncements regarding both Mumba and Sorensen that makes you begin to wonder what these guys are paid for.

Edited by BroadstairsR