Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Interesting nugget from Webber.

19 hours ago, shefcanary said:

This is the main point here, not Webber's ****. If the Polish national team can get a performance out of him, then the fact Norwich can't is the source of failure, not the player. Yes, sometimes it takes a bit of extra effort to get just reward, smacks here of Norwich coaching staff passing the buck.  

But the Polish team haven't got a performance out of him. He made his debut in 2020 and has won seven caps, of which only three were starts. He has no goals and one assist, which was against San Marino, who haven't won a match since 2004 and have only drawn five of their 100+ matches since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario Harper****e said:

So a webinar that anyone can sign up to for free is not in the public domain?! Think it’s harsh in the extreme to criticise Bethnal for sharing this info..  

Well, as it was something you had to sign up for to watch and Webber himself said that he didn't want to name the player.  Bethnal has gone out and named the player for vast majority of people who never would've seen this.

Perhaps it's a question of morals, but I wouldn't be stirring the **** personally.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But the Polish team haven't got a performance out of him. He made his debut in 2020 and has won seven caps, of which only three were starts. He has no goals and one assist, which was against San Marino, who haven't won a match since 2004 and have only drawn five of their 100+ matches since.

Ah...

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Well, as it was something you had to sign up for to watch and Webber himself said that he didn't want to name the player.  Bethnal has gone out and named the player for vast majority of people who never would've seen this.

Perhaps it's a question of morals, but I wouldn't be stirring the **** personally.

Webber said he didn't want to name the player but went on to mention how much he cost and the length of his deal, basically making it very easy for anyone with google to figure out.

Bizarre to blame the person reporting back what our Sporting Director is saying publically but not the Sporting Director himself for saying it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Bizarre

That's exactly what it is. The logic these people are having to deploy to defend Webber these days should really tell them something. 

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

You writing lyrics for Eminem or something there?

I think he's already covered Webber with; "Fame made me balloon coz my ego inflated".

Bizarre to blame the person reporting back what our Sporting Director is saying publically but not the Sporting Director himself for saying it.

What has "blame" got to do with it?

I said he was an idiot for sharing this information and choosing to identify a player that Webber didn't want to name as it serves no positivity.

32 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

What has "blame" got to do with it?

I said he was an idiot for sharing this information and choosing to identify a player that Webber didn't want to name as it serves no positivity.

Ok, then it’s bizarre to call them an idiot. And you keep saying ‘serves no positivity’ as if that’s the only reason anyone might have for commenting on something… it’s a discussion on Twitter. Why is it Bethnal’s or any of our’s responsibility to put a positive spin on anything Stuart Webber or anyone else says. 

30 minutes ago, Mario Harper****e said:

Why is it Bethnal’s or any of our’s responsibility to put a positive spin on anything Stuart Webber or anyone else says. 

Never said it is anyone's responsibility, it just comes down to basic morals and respect for me. 

I wouldn't attend a Webinar and come running out on to twitter a few minutes later with information that I know would be spun as a negative towards either player or director of this club.

This was behind a signup, the video is not publicly listed, and we don't even know if Webber was aware of who could access what was being discussed.  The webinar was intended for education within the industry.

Edited by Google Bot

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Never said it is anyone's responsibility, it just comes down to basic morals and respect for me. 

I wouldn't attend a Webinar and come running out on to twitter a few minutes later with information that I know would be spun as a negative towards either player or director of this club.

This was behind a signup, the video is not publicly listed, and we don't even know if Webber was aware of who could access what was being discussed.  The webinar was intended for education within the industry.

Yeah, as I said, bizarre reasoning.

The webinar was marketed as being freely available for sign up. It wasn't like he found out Webber was doing something that wasn't supposed to be open to the public and found his way in.

On the idea Webber didn't want the player identified, if that was the case he didn't need to mention the fee and the contract length.

It's like if I said 'I ran into a celebrity yesterday,  won't say who! But they starred in the show 'Seinfeld' and do stand up!' and then getting a pissed at the first person saying 'Jerry Seinfeld?'

On the idea Webber didn't want the player identified, if that was the case he didn't need to mention the fee and the contract length.

Again, the point your missing is that Webber may not have known that this Webinar was more easily assessable and was therefore talking as candidly as he could about mistakes made.

Taking something that was relatively hidden, piecing together who the player was (against the wishes of the SD), and then pushing it out across social media for likes is a low for me.  It may not be for you, but then you've further shared it here.

Edited by Google Bot

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Again, the point your missing is that Webber may not have known that this Webinar was more easily assessable and was therefore talking as candidly as he could about mistakes made.

Taking something that was relatively hidden, piecing together who the player was (against the wishes of the SD), and then pushing it out across social media for likes is a low for me.  It may not be for you, but then you've further shared it here.

Well that would be Webber's fault wouldn't it? It was marketing as being open to the public. If he didn't know that then that is on him. The people running it marketed it as an 'openclass' that anyone can attend. Heck there is a link to go view it now if you want to, that they are also promoting.

Seriously the lengths some will go to to defend this man is beyond me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, king canary said:

Seriously the lengths some will go to to defend this man is beyond me. 

Being without bias is what's beyond you.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

May I present you with the giant Lol to highlight your incredible lack of self awareness.

LOL

35 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

And just to be clear your version is...

Webber agrees to talk in a class about football and data but doesn't bother to check out whether it is available publicly.

The talk is promoted by the organisers on social media.

He mentions that we signed a player based on data who couldn't take on information.

He goes on to say exactly how much the player cost and how long his contract was, thus making it quite easy to work out who it would be.

All this is apparently fine.

But a Norwich fan seeing this link, signing up and then repeating back what was said is apparently a step too far?

14 hours ago, king canary said:

Webber said he didn't want to name the player but went on to mention how much he cost and the length of his deal, basically making it very easy for anyone with google to figure out.

If Bethnal hadn't reported it some other journalist would have done. It is a newsy insight that seems to go a long way to explaining a player's lack of impact for Norwich City. Totally valid to make it public.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is a newsy insight that seems to go a long way to explaining a player's lack of impact for Norwich City. Totally valid to make it public.

There has to exist a level of respect when someone explicitly said they don't want to name someone, I feel it's low to then go name that person so gleefully across social media.  Especially when you're a fan of the club.

Whether the media can run a story based on an unlisted video that requires sign up to access, I don't know, but an individual like Bethnal putting it into the public domain it becomes low hanging fruit for anyone.

It's the player that I feel for in this instance, but it will be propagated through dislike of Webber.

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

There has to exist a level of respect when someone explicitly said they don't want to name someone, I feel it's low to then go name that person so gleefully across social media.  Especially when you're a fan of the club.

Whether the media can run a story based on an unlisted video that requires sign up to access, I don't know, but an individual like Bethnal putting it into the public domain it becomes low hanging fruit for anyone.

It's the player that I feel for in this instance, but it will be propagated through dislike of Webber.

But the point you seem to be refusing to engage with is Webber made it easy to identify the player.

If he'd have left it at 'we signed a player based on his data but we then found he really struggled to take on coaching' then it could be one of many people. Ben Marshall? Felix Passlack? Patrick Roberts? Rocky Bushri? Who knows.

He then made it remarkably obvious by saying 'he cost us £2m and signed a 4 year deal.' 

So, again, your issue likes with Webber.

But the point you seem to be refusing to engage with is Webber made it easy to identify the player.

No it's not, because you've all got it wrong.  But you're all too thirsty with hatred to see sense.

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

No it's not, because you've all got it wrong.  But you're all too thirsty with hatred to see sense.

There is a poster on the PinkUn talking absolute drivel in this thread. I won't name him as that would be highly unfair, let's just call him Popular Search Engine Droid. No one will have a clue who I'm talking about.

• Haha 3

Just now, canarydan23 said:

There is a poster on the PinkUn talking absolute drivel in this thread.

Sure, seems I'm the only one who remembers Ben Marshall and the club having to terminate his contract as unable to get his head into gear to play.

But PP fits the narrative better, so carry on all.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Please explain how we've got it all wrong oh wise one.

And thirsty with hatred? I'm not the one calling others idiots for posting a publicly available quote.

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sure, seems I'm the only one who remembers Ben Marshall and the club having to terminate his contract as unable to get his head into gear to play.

But PP fits the narrative better, so carry on all.

If you believe Ben Marshall was signed because of his 'exceptional physical data' then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by king canary
  • Haha 1

This thread is yet another example, as if we needed one, of why Webber should be out of our club now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not March, but now. He has become a total liability who does nothing except create conflict and drag the club down. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

This thread is yet another example, as if we needed one, of why Webber should be out of our club now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not March, but now. He has become a total liability who does nothing except create conflict and drag the club down. 

💯 % correct. NOW!!!@@@@NOW.

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

This is the one that’s convinced me you’re taking the p1ss now!  

• Haha 1