Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Russell Martin on the move

Any news on when this seasons fixtures are being announced, if not when the League Cup draw is taking place ? 😏

Fixtures is tomorrow at 9. Yellows are doing free bacon rolls if you go there to see them or something 

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Any news on when this seasons fixtures are being announced, if not when the League Cup draw is taking place ? 😏

Shhhhhh

It might be tomorrow 

Don't tell anyone. 

Edited by ricardo

Martin needs to stay at a club now and stop chasing the money. CV shows early promise at MK Dons  but quickly jumps ship to Swansea. Just when they are getting their act together off he goes again. 

Respect to Martin O’Neill back in the day. Wanted to complete a job at Wycombe and turned us down with the first advance. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Martin needs to stay at a club now and stop chasing the money. CV shows early promise at MK Dons  but quickly jumps ship to Swansea. Just when they are getting their act together off he goes again. 

Respect to Martin O’Neill back in the day. Wanted to complete a job at Wycombe and turned us down with the first advance. 

****ing hell suggesting managing MK Dons and Swansea is "chasing the money" is like suggesting you're posh for shopping in Asda.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

****ing hell suggesting managing MK Dons and Swansea is "chasing the money" is like suggesting your posh for shopping in Asda.

Flipping Hell? 

26 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

🤨 two years at each club, that is hardly flitty, sign of an ambitious guy who is building their career, i am impressed with him.  Has done a good job at both clubs he has worked for.

• Like 1

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Trucking hell, channel 5 I think

Thanks Frank, was at a loose end what to watch tonight. Party Girls has got boring now and never give it 100 %. 

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

🤨 two years at each club, that is hardly flitty, sign of an ambitious guy who is building their career, i am impressed with him.  Has done a good job at both clubs he has worked for.

Nice and steady, just finish a job and get a promotion on his CV would help long term. Nathan Jones reminds me of Martin and look at Luton Town now. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

This is not exactly 'breaking' news as it first became public some three weeks ago and the two clubs have spent since then haggling about compensation. Whether R Martin has now landed a 'big club' is highly debatable as Saints have always seemed to punch well above their weight in my humble opinion. They must play in the most soulless stadium in the entire Football League. 

Perhaps GON will end up at Swansea? They could do a hell of a lot worse after his appalling sacking by that tin pot club just down the coast (in a westerly direction) from Southampton.  

I sort of see Russ as the Ted Lasso manager, whilst Nathan is more of a Kevin keegan lauching his rallying cry sort of boss.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nice and steady, just finish a job and get a promotion on his CV would help long term. Nathan Jones reminds me of Martin and look at Luton Town now. 

I suspect for Russ he did finish the job, he steadied both clubs, managed the wage bill and developed the younger players.  Southampton elwill be a challenge.

Just now, Newtopia said:

I suspect for Russ he did finish the job, he steadied both clubs, managed the wage bill and developed the younger players.  Southampton elwill be a challenge.

maybe, another half a dozen games and Swansea could easily have made the Play-Offs. The best managers always complete a job before moving on to the bigger project. 

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

maybe, another half a dozen games and Swansea could easily have made the Play-Offs. The best managers always complete a job before moving on to the bigger project. 

In the modern game a manager would be foolish not to move on to a better opportunity, there’s no real loyalty shown to managers by clubs or supporters, so no blame IMO in them showing none either.