Interestingly, Jamie Vardy was 25 when he made his move from Fleetwood in 2012 - and I think that was when they won the Conference.

36 minutes ago, when monday comes said:

amazing goal return be it non league but gets in good areas a good strong and athletic  age  26 72 goals in two seasons and could be ours for 1 mill 

Welcome to the forum MACAULAY

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, when monday comes said:

Sorry to disappoint you just an option that I don’t ever expect our club to explore 

Probably due there only being room for 3 centre forwards in the squad, would you be suggesting that Idah went on loan and we got someone like him in?

Personally, I'd bring someone like that in, but I think the step up and trade-off to who goes out would probably put the club off.  I also have no idea if he's the type of player than can press throughout the match.   I think any backup to Sarge will need to have that in their locker.

39 minutes ago, when monday comes said:

Sorry to disappoint you just an option that I don’t ever expect our club to explore 

Yep this club never explores non-league football for talent. On another subject, Welcome to Norwich Kellen Fisher from *looks at notes* non-league Bromley.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, when monday comes said:

amazing goal return be it non league but gets in good areas a good strong and athletic  age  26 72 goals in two seasons and could be ours for 1 mill 

go for him NCFC 

5 hours ago, when monday comes said:

Theirs always a use for impact subs aswell cheap addition to the group on form but understand where your coming from 

I'm totally with you, but Wagner said last season that he goes with 3 centre forwards.  There's obviously a reason for that even if we disagree with the somewhat stubborn stall he's set out.

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

BUT WEIRDLY NONE IN THEIR USERNAME OR POST? 🤔

We certainly need an extra striker, with only one of the current three likely to be anywhere near prolific, injuries (esp. Idah, but Sargent had a spell out last season and Barnes is getting on,) and the extra subs allowed now.

This one seems too much of a punt ... and £1m for a non-leaguer of 26?

Interesting thought though, especially as he's the natural that is claimed (against non-league defenders.)

I think that we're more likely to ;loan a youngster of promise from the PL.

I watched his highlights and I don't see any obvious strength or any particular thing he's good at, some nice close control and finishing but nothing stood out to me as someone who could be really effective at top Championship level. I think he was just playing in a good team in a league 1 or 2 levels below where he should be. He'd be an excellent signing for a top L1 side though I think. 

You have to be careful making the Vardy comparisons because he was very much the exception to the rule and had outstanding pace and finishing and I don't see a really outstanding attribute with this guy. I'd have him as third choice for 1M but would he want to be third choice and would the club want to commit that kind of money to a backup striker? Unlikely, I think it'll be Sarge as our main man this year, Idah second choice and we'll probably loan someone in who can play across the frontline and cover up top if needed with Kamara being emergency backup. 

In a good, effective team at this level Sargent should get 20 goals a season and his injury record is good. Strikers aren't a priority imo and we should be spending what little money we have elsewhere

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann