Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Championship Play-Offs

6 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I want Luton to go up, so Lineker and his cronies can gush over "plucky little Luton"

At their peril! 

luton are my picks too, now there’s a well run club who have a well grounded supporter base 

58 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can see why they're doing it though. The Playoff final is worth about £180m nowadays, and you don't want an absolute shocker of a decision to decide it. 

But then again, Huddersfield were harshly done by last season and VAR was being used then as well.

They certainly were, that was definitely a penalty near the end of the match. 

6 hours ago, pete said:

Kenilworth Rd was a top in the 80 s abroad only got worse, but a move to new ground down M1 will see improvement to ground that is more amenable.  Cold Blow Lane was the only ground to compare.

Thank god they’re not listening to you and building their new ground in the town centre near both train stations. Rather than a soulless out of town bowl this will be a vibrant unique stadium the town needs 

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.stadiumguide.com/new-luton-town-stadium/

They are moving, so the required 10m improvements will only be for one season!

There is no chance that power court will be ready by the following season, site only just been cleared so reckon it’ll be at least 3 years…maybe it will be but they’ll have to get a move on 

If it’s a choice between ‘not giving a shlt’ and ‘who the fk cares’ I choose abject apathy. Much like the entirety of our last season tbh. Rock on football!!!

Watched both the first legs. Dreadful games. How any of that lot could possibly be in the EPL is bizarre. Coventry have a goalkeeper and a striker and almost no one else of any quality - and I include Hamer who was total pants. Sunderland have Clarke and Pritchard as their stars, both of whom have shown they are not good enough for the EPL.

Luton are just a working unit. They have no one who is any good individually. Morris looked worse than Idah.

Only Middlesbro showed any real spark but half their team are on loan from EPL clubs so not that surprising.

Hard to believe that we were worse than those four over 46 games.

11 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Watched both the first legs. Dreadful games. How any of that lot could possibly be in the EPL is bizarre. Coventry have a goalkeeper and a striker and almost no one else of any quality - and I include Hamer who was total pants. Sunderland have Clarke and Pritchard as their stars, both of whom have shown they are not good enough for the EPL.

Luton are just a working unit. They have no one who is any good individually. Morris looked worse than Idah.

Only Middlesbro showed any real spark but half their team are on loan from EPL clubs so not that surprising.

Last night’s match was far better than the bore draw today. The real drama will happen in the second legs. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Says all you need to know about how far we have fallen when both those teams are better than us

12 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

But we indisputably were. Sunderland in particular have played with fervour and passion as befits a largely young team (very young in some cases). You don't mention Roberts who has been outstanding for them nor Diallo who scored a blinder yesterday. All this whilst being deprived of their main striker for months!

It has been one of the weakest division's for years. You have to go back to 2012-13 for a lower points total to get 6th place which was Leicester City in 2012-13 with 68 points. In 2016-17, Fulham got 6th with 80pts. 

I see next season being tougher with the amount of change we need but its unknown what will happen with Southampton and Leeds/Leicester/Everton etc. I doubt they have relegation clauses in players contracts so their could be fire sales of players.

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

But we indisputably were. Sunderland in particular have played with fervour and passion as befits a largely young team (very young in some cases). You don't mention Roberts who has been outstanding for them nor Diallo who scored a blinder yesterday. All this whilst being deprived of their main striker for months!

I

5 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

If any neutral had watched any of our last four home matches they’d think we were lucky to finish 13th. There wouldn’t be one player any promoted side would want to sign. 

• Like 1