Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Jacob Murphy

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Scores in less than 60 seconds against Spurs for Newcastle.

Doing well for himself, good to see more so given some thought he would have no future at Newcastle

Now 2-0

• Haha 1

Just now, Don’t be Krul said:

Who???

Jacob Kai Murphy (born 24 February 1995) is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger for Premier League club Newcastle United.

Murphy made his first-team debut for Norwich City in an FA Cup match against Fulham in January 2014. He has also played on loan for Swindon Town, Southend United and Sheffield Wednesday. He is the twin brother of professional footballer Josh Murphy. The brothers are nephews of former Ipswich Town utility player Tommy Parkin.

I’d be interested to see the list of those who thought he would have no future at Newcastle? I don’t even recall it being discussed.

Edit - people perhaps did think Newcastle would splash huge amounts here, there and everywhere, but it’s actually good to see that they didn’t feel the need to (yet) - despite their owners being totally unfit on any level.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And now he's just scored the goal of the season.

Wow.

gOaL Of tHe SeAsON

20 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’d be interested to see the list of those who thought he would have no future at Newcastle? I don’t even recall it being discussed.

Edit - people perhaps did think Newcastle would splash huge amounts here, there and everywhere, but it’s actually good to see that they didn’t feel the need to (yet) - despite their owners being totally unfit on any level.

He's not made it up- first couple of seasons he struggled and was loaned out to West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday. Most Newcastle fans will tell you he's improved amazingly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

He's not made it up- first couple of seasons he struggled and was loaned out to West Brom and Sheffield Wednesday. Most Newcastle fans will tell you he's improved amazingly.

How on earth do you know most Newcastle fans.

Edited by nutty nigel
🙃🙃🙃

Going back a few years Jacob was the subject of the first fall out between Webber and the fans. It was a sign of things to come...

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

I thought the dig was at our fans? I didn’t recall anyone thinking he wasn’t any good.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I thought the dig was at our fans? I didn’t recall anyone thinking he wasn’t any good.

There was definitely an element of people on here enjoying him struggling from memory. Not loads but plenty of our fans are resentful of anyone who has the temerity to leave us and for some reason the Murphy brothers were particularly popular targets. Never understood it myself.

My brother in law is an Oxford fan so I've watched them a few times this year.

Josh Murphy has ended up there and is super unpopular. Apparently his attitude is terrible. I saw them against Bolton last weekend and he started and got booed whenever he tried anything and got hooked off at half time to the biggest cheer of the afternoon 

I felt sorry for him - he was always the promising twin. 

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And now he's just scored the goal of the season.

Wow.

Think Joelinton and Issak 1st were better. But some strike 

8 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

My brother in law is an Oxford fan so I've watched them a few times this year.

Josh Murphy has ended up there and is super unpopular. Apparently his attitude is terrible. I saw them against Bolton last weekend and he started and got booed whenever he tried anything and got hooked off at half time to the biggest cheer of the afternoon 

I felt sorry for him - he was always the promising twin. 

Watching them I always felt Josh appeared to be the more naturally talented one, Jacob more limited. Maybe the fact things came easier to Josh meant he never developed the same work ethic that Jacob clearly has. 

You're probably right 

I always thought Jacob worked really hard to develop an all round game and turn himself into a team player, but Josh just relied on individual moments of magic

He does give the impression that he feels he is too good for Oxford. I can understand why their fans are unimpressed