Midlands Yellow

Who Will Win The Play Offs

I simply cannot believe there are people on this board who think we will finish in the top 6. I can only assume they haven't seen us play recently. 

Whoever wins the playoffs have absolutely zero chance of staying up next year. Boro have 6 loan players valued at over £35m - that's half their tv money gone just to stand still; the rest aren't even very good Championship teams and will get mullered almost every week. 

Football has completely lost it's way in England. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Obviously wasn't referring to Middsbro. The pressure will be on those below Luton - ie Millwall, Blackburn, Coventry, Sunderland, Preston, us.........all vying for 5th and 6th place. Any of those clubs that can win it's last four games will be those that get 5th or 6th. Not an easy task for any of them and if we  can do that, we will likely get one of those places.

Not saying we will do it, but that is the challenge.

Looks great on paper, but let’s be real, we haven’t got a chance. I can’t believe how little faith I have in is getting a result Weds. Such a shame and I hope I’m wrong.

I'm assuming Norwich are out of it now - like LDC says, whoever wins their next 4 games have a chance, however based on our lack of consistent results it's very unlikely to be us. 

I'd be pleased for ex-NCFC man Dave Carolan at Millwall should they manage it though...

Just noticed Swansea's last 5 games, 4 wins and a draw. they're top on current form and could do us a favour by beating Preston next. QPR are fighting for their lives and that won't be easy. 

Unfortunately the hammering Friday has trashed our goal difference as well. We need 4 clubs to slip up as well as win our own games, it's not looking overly hopeful.

Hopefully Luton as other have said. None of the established elite or Sky will want them there because of thei size, reputation and playing style plus it would be funny to see a manager that Watford sacked earlier on in the season get promoted with a smaller club. Their rise from non league to the PL without a rich owner would be an actual fairytale story unlike the Bournemouth myth and it'll be interesting to watch a different team compete, especially one who's playing style is likely to unsettle a few up there. 

Don't think they'd stay up but I think they'd beat our last points total. They can defend and get the ball forward quickly and they're good in the air so I don't think they'd be embarrassed. 

• Like 3