Indy

If Farke became available would you want him back?

As Head Coach, no. Never go back, they say.

As DoF, yes, but I have to admit that this is a lot to do with the sheer pleasure of seeing Webber's face after being replaced by the man he sacked in order to cover his own failure.

To quote Kevin, I would love it, just love it. Not very adult of me, I admit.

Just to play Devil's advocate here, but have those suggesting Farke for a DoF role considered that the majority of the players he recommended who did so well for us, would no longer be available under Brexit rules?

His strongest knowledge was clearly in the German market, but players like Zimbo and Trybull simply wouldn't be an option under current rules (unless I've misunderstood them?), and we have Webber and his team to thank for Buendia and Pukki rather than Farke.

That aside, I'd love to see him back at the club and although I still think he suits the manager role better than DoF at present, going forwards that could be a very different story, but it would still present a rather large risk in the current situation, and like it or not, Webber's reputation isn't there for nothing either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

You would have to ask everyone who booed who it was aimed at. I always believe that booing is just fans unhappy with what they are watching. Nobody in particular just a colloquial unhappiness symbol. And I think its a fair display to use at the end of a match. How else do you show your unhappiness? 

Players or coaches on the other hand tend to get abuse. I always remember seeing us getting beat at Argyle and shouting out "Nigel, it ain't working. Get it sorted". It was aimed at Worthington as we were close to the end of his reign. I think the infamous Burnley home game was the next match.

I don't boo at matches as its a bit Boys Own comic. "I say, you rotter". I probably just moan to myself. 

I was at that Plymouth game. Long old trip. (Do you remember that big old boy in the Plymouth fans and all the banter? He was a legend!) At that time everything was aimed at Worthy. Months before that the fans stopped singing 'Worthingtons green and yellow army' but replacing it with 'Delia's green and yellow army'. Me and my daughter still sung Worthy's name much to the consternation of many around us at the back of eblock. They later refused to sing Delia but by then they had Gunny in charge and we 'got our Norwich back'. For about a month...

As for that time with Farke it was all to do with the football. The wider discontent included Webber because he had appointed Farke. He also defended Farke's football which didn't go down well. Of course at times it is a general frustration with everything but strange with nothing else having changed, apart from Emi and Teemu being signed, many of those who didn't renew bought half season tickets that Christmas. 

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I was at that Plymouth game. Long old trip. (Do you remember that big old boy in the Plymouth fans and all the banter? He was a legend!) At that time everything was aimed at Worthy. Months before that the fans stopped singing 'Worthingtons green and yellow army' but replacing it with 'Delia's green and yellow army'. Me and my daughter still sung Worthy's name much to the consternation of many around us at the back of eblock. They later refused to sing Delia but by then they had Gunny in charge and we 'got our Norwich back'. For about a month...

As for that time with Farke it was all to do with the football. The wider discontent included Webber because he had appointed Farke. He also defended Farke's football which didn't go down well. Of course at times it is a general frustration with everything but strange with nothing else having changed, apart from Emi and Teemu being signed, many of those who didn't renew bought half season tickets that Christmas. 

I Remember going to Gillingham away ? when Worthy was in charge the crowd turned on him in a big way as he walked past us at half time and we were getting well beaten i think we maybe came out and won second half and we went up that year ??

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Remember going to Gillingham away ? when Worthy was in charge the crowd turned on him in a big way as he walked past us at half time and we were getting well beaten i think we maybe came out and won second half and we went up that year ??

Gillingham away😂

Happy days there. There was a phonebox outside the ground. People used to ring it every time they lost. Someone would answer "could you tell me how Gillingham got on today?" 

Edited by nutty nigel
📞🔔😡😂
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Gillingham away😂

Happy days there. There was a phonebox outside the ground. People used to ring it every time they lost. Someone would answer "could you tell me how Gillingham got on today?" 

“People” 😂

I loved Farke (and still do). His sacking was absolute madness and it genuinely still makes me a little sad to think about. I would have loved it for him to stay, develop a proper legacy for years and end up with a statue.

However, I think it would be absolutely harsh to get rid of Wagner at this time and I'm not sure changing again is a good idea. In future, if the stars align, absolutely have Farke back - if he would have us after how he was thrown under the bus - but now is definitely not the time for me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Gillingham away😂

Thats right !! i remember walking down a Narrow terraced street with ground at one end awful place no roof on away end ?

Just now, norfolkngood said:

Thats right !! i remember walking down a Narrow terraced street with ground at one end awful place no roof on away end ?

That's the one.  Away end is a temporary scaffold stand but was still there  last time I went for the paint pot game when Cody Mac scored. In fact I think it's still there now but some of it is closed. It used to rock back in 2010 and never felt particularly safe!

• Haha 1