Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The Finalissima

Kick off at 7:45, live on ITV. Champions of Europe vs the champions of South America, England women vs Brazil Women.

Anyone Going to give this one a watch? All taking place in a fully sold out 90,000 attendance Wembley, should be fun.

What if the men's team scored a goal like the first tonight against a low blocking defence, the country would be doing somersaults over how we'd win the next World Cup. Which these women may just do. A fascinating watch and really weird seeing a Brazil side so defensive.

I'm there. Great half, if they'd have got a second I'd have been tempted to call it a perfect half of football.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm there. Great half, if they'd have got a second I'd have been tempted to call it a perfect half of football.

Tight game now.

2 minutes ago, Yellowfuture said:

not really a surprise 1-1

Was James' first half goal offside? Didn't look it live and I had a decent view of it. That lino couldn't get her flag up quick enough all first half.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Was James' first half goal offside? Didn't look it live and I had a decent view of it. That lino couldn't get her flag up quick enough all first half.

Yeh, offside but only just

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Big crowd as well.

Sold out i think. I looked the other day as I'm down there for the weekend and couldn't get official tickets.

9 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Sold out i think. I looked the other day as I'm down there for the weekend and couldn't get official tickets.

Yes, was said to be sold out. 90,000 which is very impressive for the womens game

51 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Official attendance given as just over 83,000.

A lot of sold-put games for Wembley are well under capacity - all (normal) tickets for the men’s Ukraine game were sold but it was a similar attendance.  I guess it’s corporates or whatever that make up the difference.

Another step up the ladder for ladies football in this country 

long May it continue 

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

A lot of sold-put games for Wembley are well under capacity - all (normal) tickets for the men’s Ukraine game were sold but it was a similar attendance.  I guess it’s corporates or whatever that make up the difference.

Is Club Wembley still a thing? A few thousand effective season tickets who pick and choose when to turn up.

There weren't any blocks of seats because my mate looked quite late at going with his family and couldn't get 4 seats close together. 

Pathetic really because there were plenty of places for a family of four to sit together.