Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Fan card

Joined as a member this season but have not been able to go until now , got two tickets for tomorrow for me and my son , his ticket I printed at home mine has been put In my fan wallet and ticket office told me it would be loaded to my fan card to scan when I go in , the card appears to have no bar code or anything to scan , how does this work ? Sorry if I’m being a bit dumb but advice please 

I presume this works like our ST, just hold the card against the reader , colour will change and the turnstile operator lets you in.

It does still feel a little bit odd, but the card technology seems to work well - you’ll probably get a confirmation text later today or tomorrow morning to remind you of the seat details and which turnstiles etc to use.

I had the same situation and I've no idea where my fan card is !  So I got them to send me a paper copy.

The ticket office said it has "Fan Card" on it, so if you don't have a card saying that, you need to speak to the ticket office.

My advice would be to arrive in plenty of time tomorrow, if there's a problem at the turnstile you'll probably have to go round to the ticket office to sort it out.

The fan cards, along with the current season tickets, don’t have anything visible on them recognisable as a bar code etc but must have something embedded in them that’s readable at the turnstiles. The wife’s ticket for the Blackburn cup game was loaded to her card and despite my scepticism, it worked fine at the scanner, so I reckon you’ll be fine tomorrow.

Hold the card infront of the machine where the 3 bars are, which change colour depending on the category of ticket purchased. 3 green for an adult. Same as a contactless bank card. 

If you have a paper ticket it needs to be inserted into the same machine, to scan the bar code. 

Tap your card on the Wi-Fi signal looking part and the steward pushes the lever and you can get in.

That part still baffles me that we need stewards on every gate to open the turnstile. Why cant they get a system that when you tap the card against the reader, it unlocks the turnstile and in you go?

Thanks for all your comments appreciated and reassuring. Very different from my early games I went to , half a crown at the kids turnstile , no tickets and a few times I was asked along with other kids to climb over the turnstile as the operator claimed it was stuck ! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BarclayBoy789 said:

Tap your card on the Wi-Fi signal looking part and the steward pushes the lever and you can get in.

That part still baffles me that we need stewards on every gate to open the turnstile. Why cant they get a system that when you tap the card against the reader, it unlocks the turnstile and in you go?

What happens when the ticket doesn't work, or someone needs some assistance? 

19 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What happens when the ticket doesn't work, or someone needs some assistance? 

Arrive early, if a problem quick visit to Ticket Office 

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Arrive early, if a problem quick visit to Ticket Office 

OK so this is what happened to me. 

Child went through no drama, my card got refused. Even with a steward there, who was unable to rectify anything, 

Child can't come back to public side of turnstile, as won't be able to get back in, I couldn't get in without seeing the ticket office.... 

Wasn't the best, so whilst I agree the stewards add little value it would be worse without them for queries / people at wrong turnstile etc. 

Also not everyone goes every week, so they don't know the process location of things. 

• Like 1

Surprisingly has worked every time to date.  Surely having txt confirming seat should enable your being admitted.  Always a concern txt not sent a game last season txt not received until 1.30 on March day, txts now day before game.

10 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

the card appears to have no bar code or anything to scan , how does this work ?

If it's in your fan wallet on the app It will show a code when it's closer to kick off, I think the enable 12, or 24 hours ahead of time or something.  Try it tonight and the QR will show up there. 

But if you mean the physical card which is like the ST  -as everyone else, you just scan and they go green, guess it's a chip that gets read for those.  I've only used ST and the app (Wallet) for casual tickets for family..

Edited by Google Bot

21 hours ago, BarclayBoy789 said:

I can’t see the need for a steward to be at every turnstile, all other grounds I have been to with bar code readers open automatically, yes there are stewards on hand to help but not at every turnstile