Sign in to follow this  
The Raptor

Canary call

Are the caller's actually genuine? They get more bizarre every week. I'm sure it's sometimes just people on a wind up! Comedians testing out new characters.

Just now, The Raptor said:

Are the caller's actually genuine? They get more bizarre every week. I'm sure it's sometimes just people on a wind up! Comedians testing out new characters.

They are on day release 

There’s been some absolute crackers on there over the years. It’s an institution, and frankly, most of the callers need to be institutionalised.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

There’s been some absolute crackers on there over the years. It’s an institution, and frankly, most of the callers need to be institutionalised.

We talking about Canary Call or this forum?

One of them raised the often-mentioned Pukki v Sargent up top argument.

Pukki is a club legend. However, if he is off in the summer (and the only reason he'd stay is promotion - which we're not getting this season) then let's play Sargent in his favoured position where he looked most effective and scored goals.

Like it or not, Sargent and Idah are our future first choice strikers. Pukki deserves our appreciation but it's time to start accepting he's going. He shouldn't always command that starting position up front every game.

As for the rest of the squad, the less said the better.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Did you watch today’s game. Pukki is clever, makes chances reads the game.He is far and away our best player.

I totally agree, he's the most consistent in our squad by far.  Yes he's missed a few - but when it comes to general play he's maintained a good standard.

But there is also the argument that we don't see the best of Sargent when Pukki is the focus.  And while Pukki works well in the wide areas (as today) it's not going to yield us goals.   I know it was early in the season but Sarge was top scorer when he was the main striker over that period.

Ideally we want to get back to a system where Pukki isn't being forced wide.  But, If we can't achieve that, then we need to reposition our focus.  It's just amazing how quick our confidence has drained again - that's really concerning.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Did you watch today’s game. Pukki is clever, makes chances reads the game.He is far and away our best player.

I agree he is our best player. However, by continuously playing him in his favoured position we are stifling the development/effectiveness of Sargent who is going to be our number one striker next season (barring a miracle and Pukki stays).

I'm not advocating Pukki necessarily being dropped/moved but the fact remains that his retention up front means Sargent offers only a small percentage of his potential.

Not really sure what the answer is - if I did, I'd be a lot better off 🙂