First Wazzock

Burnley's easiest game of the season

A complete no show from us. Burnley are no world beaters, but we didn't lay a glove on them.

Tim Krul's missed appointment at Specsavers has come back to bite him on the @rse

No, we were poor. Three times in the first few minutes we were useless trying to play out at the back and then that Krul debacle. You can't start a match like that. Burnley ae strong, but we were useless.  Got a bit better as the game went on, but those two goals from corners were gifts too. Rubbish today. Need to improve big time.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 6

The damage done by the chuckle brothers is not going to be repaired over night.

Write this season off and just wait for next year 

Disappointed! Went to Carrow Road full of expectation and anticipation. But was served up more of the same. Krill throws the game away with such disregard and negligence that you have to query whether it was deliberate, after all he must have been the only person in the entire stadium that did not see the opposition player that he passed the ball directly to. And then two further soft goals gifted because no defender appears to know how to defend. Too many players were hiding , prime example being Tzolis who came on and promptly disappeared, he may as well have been wearing a cloak of invisibility. This squad have to compete with serious intent if they want to gain promotion, but that would require commitment which I did not see on the pitch today.

I may be wrong, but I saw it as the confidence still being paper-thin. Krul's latest gaffe and immediately the heads started to go down. It's going to take a good run of results to get that confidence back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

To be honest, games tend to be easy when the man with the whistle is giving you a bit of a leg up.

As did our 'goalkeeper'!! 

We just seemed well off the pace from the start, clearly that two week break done us no favours.

I think what bothers me most is that, despite losing by 3 - we didn't just go for it.  It was quite pathetic, and just second best. 

Crap decisions didn't help, of course.  And if Krul never made that gaff - who knows, we may have started to build in the game.

11 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I may be wrong, but I saw it as the confidence still being paper-thin. Krul's latest gaffe and immediately the heads started to go down. It's going to take a good run of results to get that confidence back.

Agree, I feel it would have been a different game had it not been for Krul's early gaff. That seemed to hit confidence like a ton of bricks.The confidence thing, lost during Smithball, remains fragile.

Burnley were given an early boast which immediately gave them a self-belief, whilst we suffered the opposite.

Kompany seems to have retained some degree of PL toughness and other traits in his squad. They exhibited that they were more like a team just relegated from the top level than we did.

In fact, that game was more like a PL game under Smith than a Chumps game under him.

I'm happy to write that one off as a lesson well heeded, (especially Krul, nb.)

I still fancy us for play-offs and anticipate a good run.

If we do go up then there's one hell of a reconstruction job to be done and based upon the young guard (McCallum, Mumba, Tomlinson, Gibbs, Rowe, Springett (etc.) and the South Americans. New faces galore and the big earning old guard (McClean, Gibson, Hanley, Krul,Hernandez, Placheta, Idah, Gio and probably Aarons and many others) out. A lot of good scouting and risk taking in bargain basements will be called for.)

Hopefully we'' use the parachute money more wisely next time.😁

We refuse to be out yo-yoed. We are Norwich City.

Edited by BroadstairsR