dylanisabaddog

Championship wages

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

How can it be called investment, though, when football as a whole is a seriously loss-making business to be in?

(The combined debt of PL and FL clubs is staggering.)

The Saudis at Newcastle are clearly are not involved in Newcastle to make money, they have other motives. There are other clubs with similar backers.

That sort of backing carries its own risks though.

Anatasio seems a good pick, but does he really expect to make profit from his involvement. If so how? Has he the magic key?

The US "investors" at ITFC have a far bigger hill to climb, yet they seem to be spending relatively highly for L.1.

Do they still expect to profit?? If they reach the Chumps, which is their stated immediate aim, then imagine the outlay on Championship quality players that might be needed.

It's a quicksand.

Completely agree on how investment is anything but in all but a few cases. Although if you’re sportswashing I guess your profit comes in more intangible ways.

Parma had written about how what is effectively our majority owners windfall *could* be Attanasio’s profit, but as far as I understand it, we’re still to see which way this falls. That is, do the current owners take the profit they’ve made on the club, or leave it within the club by selling for a lower price. Which in effect hands the profit to Attanasio if he decides to take it at any point.

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Completely agree on how investment is anything but in all but a few cases. Although if you’re sportswashing I guess your profit comes in more intangible ways.

Parma had written about how what is effectively our majority owners windfall *could* be Attanasio’s profit, but as far as I understand it, we’re still to see which way this falls. That is, do the current owners take the profit they’ve made on the club, or leave it within the club by selling for a lower price. Which in effect hands the profit to Attanasio if he decides to take it at any point.

Or maybe they load the club with debt (say £60 million) by investing in the squad, contingent on guaranteed future income and effectively invest their equity right before selling for a nominal fee? 

13 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The standout figure is that we will have paid £2m for Hayden ..... Oh well!

Gibson is surprisingly high and not worth the cost, imo, whilst I would keep Teemu even at that cost.

Let's hope Sara turns out to be an investment.

Where would Todd have been? Rashica?  .... OMG!

The club bleeds money. Is it avoidable though? Or has Webber been too reckless? Answers limited to two sheets of A4.

THese obscene figures surely justify the monies spent on the youth facilities. Bringing through your own is clearly cheaper and more profitable in the long run.

We have been getting reknown for that in recent years, although the likes of Godfrey, Lewis and Gibbs (hehe) were poached we can be happy that the likes of Omo, Rowe, Springett, Tomkinson and others seem to be proving the value of emphasis upon youth development.

Todd was on £25k a week

This is a click bait site   i wouldn't believe a single thing they say    pure speculation and a pack of lies

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

Or maybe they load the club with debt (say £60 million) by investing in the squad, contingent on guaranteed future income and effectively invest their equity right before selling for a nominal fee? 

That would seem like a plan. But a plan very different to how the club has been managed up to now. Maybe a new stand would be a better way to spend the money, although again I guess that would just benefit the new owner?

11 hours ago, mastoola said:

This is a click bait site   i wouldn't believe a single thing they say    pure speculation and a pack of lies

Completely agree. I'm sure the figures are complete nonsense - which club  gives away all the personal data of their employees? It is pure guesswork and on the basis of what I saw poor guesses.

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

Completely agree. I'm sure the figures are complete nonsense - which club  gives away all the personal data of their employees? It is pure guesswork and on the basis of what I saw poor guesses.

When a player goes to court and is fined for something you get to find out their real wages as their income is used to calculate the fine and they are typically lower than reported on sites like transfermarkt. Latest one is Joelinton, apparently a £30k fine is "more than half a weeks wages", which would put his wages at below £60k.

But all these data aggregators put him down as earning £80k or £100k a week. 

So yes, all guesswork.

I think what they do is take the wage bill from the last set of club accounts and then just guess the distribution of that wage bill based on that, with the total being in the region of last accounts, and that they end up inflated because the figures in the accounts include the loyalty bonuses and performances bonuses etc. That may be why a few clubs have stopped listing playing wages as separate from non-playing wages in their annual report, to stop these silly estimates.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 27/01/2023 at 07:51, BroadstairsR said:

The standout figure is that we will have paid £2m for Hayden ..... Oh well!

Gibson is surprisingly high and not worth the cost, imo, whilst I would keep Teemu even at that cost.

Let's hope Sara turns out to be an investment.

Where would Todd have been? Rashica?  .... OMG!

The club bleeds money. Is it avoidable though? Or has Webber been too reckless? Answers limited to two sheets of A4.

THese obscene figures surely justify the monies spent on the youth facilities. Bringing through your own is clearly cheaper and more profitable in the long run.

We have been getting reknown for that in recent years, although the likes of Godfrey, Lewis and Gibbs (hehe) were poached we can be happy that the likes of Omo, Rowe, Springett, Tomkinson and others seem to be proving the value of emphasis upon youth development.

We don’t release wage details in any accounts so what is the data based on? Hayden’s fees again would not be called out individually in accounts

2 hours ago, Badger said:

It isn't the club's, it's the agents that slip this information to this site. It helps their cause when negotiating contracts for their other players to have this information out there.

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It isn't the club's, it's the agents that slip this information to this site. It helps their cause when negotiating contracts for their other players to have this information out there.

If so then there would be absolutely no incentive for the m to overstate wages at all...

3 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

If so then there would be absolutely no incentive for the m to overstate wages at all...

I never said the information was accurate! 😉