cambridgeshire canary

Transgender rapist to be moved from women's prison

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The case shows that if you have the appropriate safeguards in place the no ifs and buts policy is not the problem.

Not in a refuge.

To me this situation can be resolved tomorrow by refusing to use the term transgender. To me it’s a made up word that’s been pushed by various interest groups (rather successfully unfortunately) such as Mermaids designed to muddy the waters around the conversation. Nobody really knows what transgender means, as there’s no official definition. To some people it means those who have undergone a full sex change, and to others it could be something as little as a man in women’s clothes. This confusion has been exploited, and phrases such as trans women are women pushed forcefully and dodgy/false statistics used in regards to trans suicides and attacks preys on most of societies empathy and good nature.

Instead we should simply go back to using the old terms, transsexual for somebody who has undergone the full operation and had it all removed, and transvestite for the rest of them who are simply dressed as the opposite sex. There would never be any argument in regards to letting a transvestite into a woman’s prison or refuge so this whole thing is easily avoidable. Remove any notion of gender from the law books and go back to governing on biological sex only.

On 01/02/2023 at 03:16, king canary said:

Exactly this.

Gender self ID is basically a giant flashing loophole for predatory men to jump right through. It is so obviously open to abuse that I'm staggered that genuinely sensible people often don't seem to see it.

This isn't to say that trans people are inherently predatory or a threat but that men who want to abuse vulnerable women are going to very happily claim to be trans if it helps them get what they want. 

I’ll try and find the link (and will tack it onto here if I can track it down) but I’ve read that just over 60% of trans prisoners (male to female transition) are in there for sexual offences. While I doubt that 60% of transsexuals/transgender people are sex offenders, this to me would imply the rules are being abused as people feared they would be.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/are-sex-offenders-exploiting-trans-rights-policies-behind-bars/

Edited by Fen Canary

It would be better if you actually found the appropriate stat first rather than come up with some random number. 

18 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

I’ll try and find the link (and will tack it onto here if I can track it down) but I’ve read that just over 60% of trans prisoners (male to female transition) are in there for sexual offences. While I doubt that 60% of transsexuals/transgender people are sex offenders, this to me would imply the rules are being abused as people feared they would be.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/are-sex-offenders-exploiting-trans-rights-policies-behind-bars/

Did you actually read it or just take a dodgy percentage.

So do these figures indicate that trans people are more inclined than others to commit sexual offences? I do not believe these figures offer such evidence. I also think that more people on the gender critical side should accept that, since that would make it easier to focus this debate more narrowly, on predatory men who might exploit trans-inclusive policies.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Did you actually read it or just take a dodgy percentage.

So do these figures indicate that trans people are more inclined than others to commit sexual offences? I do not believe these figures offer such evidence. I also think that more people on the gender critical side should accept that, since that would make it easier to focus this debate more narrowly, on predatory men who might exploit trans-inclusive policies.

From the report

“On these numbers, we can say with some confidence that last year there were between 142 and 145 transwomen in the male prison estate. (This is 146 minus a number between one and four). And 87 of those prisoners had at least one conviction for a sexual offence. 

This means that the proportion of male-born transwomen in the prison system who are sex offenders is between 60 per cent and 61.3 per cent.”

What is it that you are disputing? In my post I said that I didn’t believe that 60% of those that call themselves trans are sex offenders, however it appears to be a loophole being exploited by those that are.

It also appears that in England and Wales thankfully very few (although one is too many in my eyes) are placed in women’s prisons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

From the report

“On these numbers, we can say with some confidence that last year there were between 142 and 145 transwomen in the male prison estate. (This is 146 minus a number between one and four). And 87 of those prisoners had at least one conviction for a sexual offence. 

This means that the proportion of male-born transwomen in the prison system who are sex offenders is between 60 per cent and 61.3 per cent.”

What is it that you are disputing? In my post I said that I didn’t believe that 60% of those that call themselves trans are sex offenders, however it appears to be a loophole being exploited by those that are.

It also appears that in England and Wales thankfully very few (although one is too many in my eyes) are placed in women’s prisons.

Your quoting figures for England and Wales for a post that is about Scotland.

Even in England and Wales there was only 5 prisoners and they were housed in a special wing in a womans prison and were segregated and contact with other women is supervised. 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Your quoting figures for England and Wales for a post that is about Scotland.

Even in England and Wales there was only 5 prisoners and they were housed in a special wing in a womans prison and were segregated and contact with other women is supervised. 

The original post was about a case in Scotland, but I believe including England and Wales is relevant to the conversation as a whole therefore the post I made is relevant. Perhaps you could find the equivalent figures for the Scottish system of sex offenders who identify as trans?

As you say, 5 biologically male prisoners are held within female prisons, but to me that is 5 too many as no system is entirely foolproof. The case of Cheryle Kempton being sexually assaulted by Karen White (a convicted paedophile born Stephen Wood) shows that occasionally these safeguards will fail, and to me it’s rather immoral to put these women in danger in the name of ideology, especially as a very high number of female prisoners are victims of domestic abuse.

If we’re going to the hassle of segregating the trans prisoners from the general population, why can’t we do the same in a prison the aligns with their biological sex?

Edited by Fen Canary

I thought this piece did a really good job of summing up the whole wider issue this case has caused in the discussion around trans rights. 

https://ianleslie.substack.com/p/death-of-a-slogan?utm_medium=email

Also worth checking out Nick Robinson interviewing someone from Stonewall which descends into full on farce as they desperately try and dodge the question being asked.

14 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

So this is the real face of Bryson.

Adam Graham

I see the sad reality of a man denied the right to be a woman. If he had just been legaly allowed to change his gender he would be happy, smiling, doing gardening in his back garden while taking care of his children and would never once have broken the law.

(.. Yes this is sarcasm sadly you have to point that out thesedays)

• Like 1

Apparently a ‘Woman’ hell bent on raping a 12 Year Old….

World has actually gone feral!!!

FFE5CDBD-2987-498D-8E5D-546CED8A42B3.png

50 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Apparently a ‘Woman’ hell bent on raping a 12 Year Old….

World has actually gone feral!!!

FFE5CDBD-2987-498D-8E5D-546CED8A42B3.png

No one should be in any doubt that this is becoming an all to frequent ruse. As a rapist of a child I would accept he is a woman and cut his cok off willingly.

• Like 1