Entirely due to the wasted months of Smithball the very best we can hope for this season is a Wembley play-off final against, probably Watford.

Well you never know.

Mid-table mediocrity was looming under Smith so at least there's something to aim for.

Crowds should buck up again with anymore performances like yester and an aim for the rest of the season.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Entirely due to the wasted months of Smithball the very best we can hope for this season is a Wembley play-off final against, probably Watford.

Well you never know.

Mid-table mediocrity was looming under Smith so at least there's something to aim for.

One game........ 

Playoffs are probably our best shout.

I know finances are a issue but I would love this season to tinker with the engine, get a few out and in over the summer then finish top next year as opposed to being promoted.

The premier League just feels like hard work and I don't think it will be great for the fan base.

Tonked / covid

Covid season

Tonked / fired farke / Smith

Smith....

So arguably it we go up it would be our 4th crap season in a row (ignoring the covid season as none of us where there) 

Could the fan base handle that???

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

One game........ 

And that one game alone has put us back in the picture by dint of performance and result. We are now again top six.

I had anticipated mid-table,

Edited by BroadstairsR

It is lovely to win, it is just the first of what needs to be many to get into the playoffs, or if either of the top two muck up straight promotion.

Just now, Newtopia said:

It is lovely to win, it is just the first of what needs to be many to get into the playoffs, or if either of the top two muck up straight promotion.

It's an aim Newtopia. We were drifting   ....Burnley and Sheff U are highly unlikely to fold to the extent neede.

• Like 1

Tbh it is just great to see the team play with a plan, I didn't see 4 4 2 being that plan, but there you go.  Pukki is likely off at the end of the season, his attitude is amazing.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Miserable man.

He only seems happy when he's ****ting on me for daring to commit the sin of making threads on a forum designed for people to make threads on.

He can be a little odd sometimes but he's alright. Mostly. Sometimes.

Play-offs are a entirely reasonable goal. Keep your diaries free for May!

Some won't want to go to the final though in case we lose!

This team was tipped by most pundits for a promotion slot.

Yesterday showed why.

Is it not realistic to expect them to hang onto a top six spot with a seemingly much better fit of a manager?

There’s no saying we won’t get automatic promotion, but considering we’re currently 15 pts adrift of it with a much weaker GD realistically I think the best we can hope for is a playoff spot