CDMullins

Red Card Yesterday...

Was there a case for young Morris to be sent off yesterday?

Around 50 minutes he pulled Max back who had started an attack from the half way line, Max passed the ball to Sarge(?) and Morris clattered him.

Had the ref of stopped the game for the first one he would have undoubtedly been booked and he was booked for the tackle on Sarge.

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Was there a case for young Morris to be sent off yesterday?

Around 50 minutes he pulled Max back who had started an attack from the half way line, Max passed the ball to Sarge(?) and Morris clattered him.

Had the ref of stopped the game for the first one he would have undoubtedly been booked and he was booked for the tackle on Sarge.

We were laughing about that and remembering this happening to one of our players at Wolves. We thought it was Grant Holt, but couldn’t be certain. We thought he was booked for the foul, then kicking the ball away. Anyone remember ?

To be fair Gibbs could also have been sent off for a studs up lunge when already on a yellow. Challenges like that are now given a yellow more often than not.  Personally I feel the ref was sensible with both when not giving a second yellow. 

56 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I don't know how that works if you're a ref, as I was thinking the same thing during the game when that happened.

If a player commits an offence and you play on, mentally taking note to card them during the next break in play, and then they commit a second yellow card offence in between - you should surely show two cards?

But then I think, as ref, you're a part of the process by allowing play to continue.   I don't know what the rule book says on that, not that i've ever read it.

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I don't know how that works if you're a ref, as I was thinking the same thing during the game when that happened.

If a player commits an offence and you play on, mentally taking note to card them during the next break in play, and then they commit a second yellow card offence in between - you should surely show two cards?

But then I think, as ref, you're a part of the process by allowing play to continue.   I don't know what the rule book says on that, not that i've ever read it.

I've just watched a video of it happening in a low level game, that's what citied the Q.

I do remember it happening to Martinelli at Wolves last season, he tried to prevent a throwing that chased after and fouled the man with the ball and given two yellow cards.

I thought the ref was really poor and the Watford players were taking the ****. Likewise Gibbs was a bit fortunate to stay on the pitch.

55 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

What does ‘ citied the Q ‘ mean ?

Cited the question, i think. 

...Unless they've placed the Queen within the city walls?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canaries north said:

To be fair Gibbs could also have been sent off for a studs up lunge when already on a yellow. Challenges like that are now given a yellow more often than not.  Personally I feel the ref was sensible with both when not giving a second yellow. 

He could have been had it been a foul, but it wasn’t. He didn’t even catch the guy and it wasn’t studs up.  Watford were horrible gamesmanship-wise from the start.  The keeper was utterly ridiculous

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

He could have been had it been a foul, but it wasn’t. He didn’t even catch the guy and it wasn’t studs up.  Watford were horrible gamesmanship-wise from the start.  The keeper was utterly ridiculous

I agree with you for once Branston. When you watch the replay, Gibbs deliberately turns his foot so that the connection with ball is with the inside of his foot, with the studs facing away from the Watford player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I thought the ref was really poor and the Watford players were taking the ****. Likewise Gibbs was a bit fortunate to stay on the pitch.

I thought the Watford players were taking the **** with the amount of feigned injuries and time spent laying on the pitch.

• Like 1

The whole game turned into a farce - every time one of their players went down, Watford took the opportunity to coach the players/ give the players a drink/chat with the ref/chat and hug the fourth official. I believe at one point, one of the Norwich coaches had a go at the Watford coach and fourth official for being so chummy.

• Like 1