Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Pakistan v England

Splendid start to the day! For some strange reason I now have an urge to brush my teeth with Sensodyne, make a nice cup of Tapal tea, and finish off last night's KFC

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, king canary said:

An English batting collapse is oddly comforting at times.

Now that is a collapse.😀

What another wonderful finish to a test match, you get the feeling watching this England side that they are always going to do enough to win, I remember it from my youth with the West Indies and more recently the Aussies, that mental strength within the side also reflects on the opposition who will always have a little doubt, that’s often enough at the top level, great performance👍

• Like 1

Root out of form but Brook looking terrific and others performing well. As a side if one is off it another seems to do the business. We used to collapse if one player was out of sorts but not now.

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

Bravo Rehan Ahmed. First test wicket on a very unhelpful pitch.

Ended with 2

He went for 37 off his first five overs, showed good character to come back well 

The pitch seemed to be taking a bit more turn as the day wore on, England need a big first innings 

Lets hope we have found a real spinner. No disrespect to Leach or Bess but we haven't had a top Test spinner since Swann.

What has happened on this winter tour is phenomenal. Not only have we batted well but have taken 60 Pakistan wickets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Lets hope we have found a real spinner. No disrespect to Leach or Bess but we haven't had a top Test spinner since Swann.

What has happened on this winter tour is phenomenal. Not only have we batted well but have taken 60 Pakistan wickets.

The change in the England team has been phenomenal. What I found particularly striking today was the commentary; the discussion was about whether England would knock off the required 160 runs by the end of play or would require a few more overs in the morning. If this had been a year ago we would have all been seriously doubting the probability of England standing much of a chance of making those runs on a dry, spinning Pakistani wicket. 

• Thanks 1

Lots of real positives to take from this series- Brook, Duckett and Ahmed are the most obvious.

I'm still not sure what to do with Crawley- his one big score came on a flat pitch where 3 other players got centuries.

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Agreed