Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Mumba does it again

5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Another terrific goal, can we get him back in January ?

Fantastic, my close family are Plymouth fans. Town and the Pilgrims are coming up. 

Doubtless Smith will say, 'Yes, but I saw him misplace a pass in the 37th minute'. That's the kind of inspirational approach that explains why Smith has completely turned around our fortunes during his year in charge. I mean, look how good we are now.

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fantastic, my close family are Plymouth fans. Town and the Pilgrims are coming up. 

We have youth players on loan that would walk into the Ipswich squad and you're so scared of them 😅😅😅😅

Plymouth play him as a wing back whereas we have played him more as a straight full back. Clearly he is a much more effective player in an attacking role but would we use him that way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We have youth players on loan that would walk into the Ipswich squad and you're so scared of them 😅😅😅😅

Unfortunately it’s odds on we’re playing them next season. The fact is fans like YOU are scared of playing them again. 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Half glad that he's not here being put back years by Dean Smith's hoofball like Max Aarons has.

Nothing to do with the huge gap in quality between the championship and league one though right? 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nothing to do with the huge gap in quality between the championship and league one though right? 

He's excelling.

Last young Norwich City loanee to do that in League One ended up being sold for £26m and winning couple of England caps.

Besides, what "huge gap", only 1 of the 3 sides promoted from League One last season are currently in the relegation zone, and that team took a point off us.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

I said it at the time and I'll repeat it ad infinitum that we should have played this lad in midfield last season and never signed Rashica. I really can't understand why he was loaned out this year. 

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Half glad that he's not here being put back years by Dean Smith's hoofball like Max Aarons has.

For a lot of failings against Smith we quite demonstrably do not play hoofball under him.

I hope he's allowed to stay for the season, it will aid his development far more than sitting on the bench here. Plus it makes Plymouth stronger and take a promotion place from the binners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's excelling.

Last young Norwich City loanee to do that in League One ended up being sold for £26m and winning couple of England caps.

Besides, what "huge gap", only 1 of the 3 sides promoted from League One last season are currently in the relegation zone, and that team took a point off us.

Whilst that is clear this season, I think it is fair to point out this is the best Rotherham have done for a long while and usually would be the ones to point at to evidence the counter.

We don't need to talk about loans either. Maddison was signed from League One having played there. Godfrey was actually signed from York having played for them already in league two. We could also point to Holt too, who was signed from Shrewsbury when they were in League Two and he played three tiers higher, one after the other, with us. 

It's not unusual for teams to come up to the championship to struggle.

That said, IMHO, the quality in Mumba was there to be seen. However, the difficulty is that when signed it was to be as a full back. Aarons was in fine form and we had Byram as back up to him. On the left we had Giannoulis and Williams. Wide we were well stocked. 

He's 21, and he needed this season to prove he can do it every week. Lets hope that he is seen as being a more viable winger than full back. Albeit one who is also capable of tracking back, as well as playing full back or wing back. Better proposition than Sinani IMHO.

35 minutes ago, chicken said:

Better proposition than Sinani IMHO.

Well that's a given, and Placheta.

Hopefully Mumba will break through at Norwich next season.