Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

ITFC on MOTD2

Just caught the end of MOTD and they had a montage of all teams scoring / conceding 9 in the EPL

Obviously included those down the road. Maybe they will award themselves another star for that! 

Edited by Greavsy

Just remember that The Scum were the trendsetters of conceding 9 goals in the PL/Premiership.

Thegame football section in today's Times lists the teams that have scored 9 or more in the top-flight since the second world war. ITFC are mentioned 3 times (all on the wrong end of the result) :

December 26 1963 Fulham 10 Ipswich 1

March 21 1964 Stoke 9 Ipswich 1

March 4 1995 Manchester United 9 Ipswich 0

Surely just a co-incidence that their shirt features 3 stars.

Just 13 games in total where a team scored 9 or more, so to appear 3 times on the losing end of the result is an achievement not to be envied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

LOL,must be at least 20+ years since they last featured on MOTD.They might have sneaked in for FA Cup highlights although that seems improbable as that would mean they had to actually win a Cup game 😂

• Like 1

That team would probably beat their current team 9-0. Shows you how far they've fallen. New nickname? "The Fallen Stars" 😂

GK    1    Craig Forrest    
RB    19    Frank Yallop
CB    5     John Wark
CB    6    David Linighan    

LB    3    Neil Thompson
RM    18     Steve Palmer
CM    7    Geraint Williams
CM    14     Steve Sedgley
LM    21    Stuart Slater
CF    11    Lee Chapman      
CF    33    Alex Mathie

9 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

That team would probably beat their current team 9-0. Shows you how far they've fallen. New nickname? "The Fallen Stars" 😂

GK    1    Craig Forrest    
RB    19    Frank Yallop
CB    5     John Wark
CB    6    David Linighan    

LB    3    Neil Thompson
RM    18     Steve Palmer
CM    7    Geraint Williams
CM    14     Steve Sedgley
LM    21    Stuart Slater
CF    11    Lee Chapman      
CF    33    Alex Mathie

I didn't realise/remember that Lee Chapman played for that lot. He is also in a large part responsible for Man Utd becoming the behemoth it did. Whilst He and Cantona inspired Leeds to their last title Cantona was dallyiong with Leslie Ash (who was married to Chapman), come the end of the season Lee gave Leeds an ultimatum, either he left or Cantona left....they chose wrong and sold Cantona for a relative pitance to Man Utd. the rest is history.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I didn't realise/remember that Lee Chapman played for that lot. He is also in a large part responsible for Man Utd becoming the behemoth it did. Whilst He and Cantona inspired Leeds to their last title Cantona was dallyiong with Leslie Ash (who was married to Chapman), come the end of the season Lee gave Leeds an ultimatum, either he left or Cantona left....they chose wrong and sold Cantona for a relative pitance to Man Utd. the rest is history.

Thats a rumour that she denies - but then she would.

image.png.38f049b7d76af615b8c0cc0e71a6e60d.png

Source - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2003/jan/10/broadcasting.comment

5 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Of course she does. I heard it via Gary Speed's aunt (who was my mum's hairdresser at the time) so give it a little more credence than most of the stories of this ilk you hear...

Must be true then! 😉

I used to DJ at Chapmans bar in Clapham midweek in the late 90's/000s. The pair were mostly hammered, probably drowning sorrows due to "trout-pout-gate". 🐟

5 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

I used to DJ at Chapmans bar in Clapham midweek in the late 90's/000s. The pair were mostly hammered, probably drowning sorrows due to "trout-pout-gate". 🐟

Doubtful they were doing that in the late 90s as she didn't have her lips done until 2002. 

On 29/08/2022 at 15:24, C.I.D said:

LOL,must be at least 20+ years since they last featured on MOTD.They might have sneaked in for FA Cup highlights although that seems improbable as that would mean they had to actually win a Cup game 😂

I was listening to Talkshïte the other day (for my sins, and boredom) and it was funny listening to Darren Bent after talking to George Burley, trying to rave about how they made it to 5th in the premier league and how such a massive club shouldn't be in league one. 

Failed to mention that 2002 was the last time they were actually in the PL and they haven't really been anywhere near returning since dropping out. 

12 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Doubtful they were doing that in the late 90s as she didn't have her lips done until 2002. 

oh maybe it was early 2000's then. It was definately after her lips. My DJing days were a tad "hazy".

• Haha 1