Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Was only Bournemouth reserves..

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

To be fair we had an actual manager last season.

There is that minor factor, admittedly.  🤣

Wtaf - we didn’t play our first team either.  Nor did we last season. And we drew tonight with no l/b.  I can’t quite see the point being made, but it is rather daft whatever it is.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wtaf - we didn’t play our first team either.  Nor did we last season. And we drew tonight with no l/b.  I can’t quite see the point being made, but it is rather daft whatever it is.

How dare you, we lost to a team in a higher divison on penalties in the cup- This is proof Smith is a useless manager and must be sacked at once!😉

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare you, we lost to a team in a higher divison on penalties in the cup- This is proof Smith is a useless manager and must be sacked at once!😉

Ah, yes. I forgot that.

But technically we didn’t lose, it was a draw….’drawing’ the last round was a stick to beat Smith as we’d not won a game in ages, but I don’t suppose it works both ways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Sunderland are going to smash us.

You can hope, though it’s a warped hope unless you don’t really suppprt the club.

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You can hope, though it’s a warped hope unless you don’t really suppprt the club.

I've been a clapper on this forum for 15 or 16 years and even I can see where this season is heading. Somebody's cut the brakes and we're heading towards a cliff. Deano couldn't care less as he'll be ejected onto a big pile of money, of course that will be too late.

Obviously hope we win but the best result over the last week would have been a few losses and Smith out of his job.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Could quite easily have been 5-2 to them. We look unfit, couldn’t match them physically or for work rate, and several of our players are still not playing for the shirt. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I can’t quite see the point being made, but it is rather daft whatever it is.

There's two very obvious points being made, perhaps you've conflated them?

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

There's two very obvious points being made, perhaps you've conflated them?

Wow, so this 7 word statement contains two obvious points?

“Just a reminder for the Tzolis haters.”

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Just a reminder for the Tzolis haters. 😇

How has he done last two games for Twente? I guess he must be bagging goals and assists all over the place? 

Got back to the car just in time to listen to Dean Smith on Radio Norfolk and dear God was he boring and hapless to it all.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Wow, so this 7 word statement contains two obvious points?

“Just a reminder for the Tzolis haters.”

Oh Wow GIFs | Tenor

Wow! No... That contains one point.

And that is for the people who dismissed Tzolis's man of the match performance in this same fixture last year on the basis of it being Bournemouth reserves.  It's a reminder that there's not such a gulf in levels as some tried to make out,  where it's 'easy' for Tzolis to perform in that match.

The second point is what Kieran raised, in regards to Tzolis's performance being part of a better managed side, and I agreed that it would've been a factor.  

You replied after both points made.  So get your "wow" and "wtaf" americanisms round that, and see if it makes sense? 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

How has he done last two games for Twente? I guess he must be bagging goals and assists all over the place? 

He’s still only sub - which is astonishing given how he’s so great.  In all seriousness, I hope he gets as decent run in the side and has a good season as it benefits us. I do hope we don’t get a blow by blow account of every time he does something good, though. 

18 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Oh Wow GIFs | Tenor

Wow! No... That contains one point.

And that is for the people who dismissed Tzolis's man of the match performance in this same fixture last year on the basis of it being Bournemouth reserves.  It's a reminder that there's not such a gulf in levels as some tried to make out,  where it's 'easy' for Tzolis to perform in that match.

The second point is what Kieran raised, in regards to Tzolis's performance being part of a better managed side, and I agreed that it would've been a factor.  

You replied after both points made.  So get your "wow" and "wtaf" americanisms round that, and see if it makes sense? 😉

Crikey, that was all implied on one small sentence?

Oh, and just a factual point - I didn’t reply after both points, just one; I was mid-post when those other comments were made and hadn’t seen them.

It is an interesting thing, though - I thought your original argument was always that Tzolis was badly managed by DF?  Now you are conflating it as an anti Smith thing?

As for your ‘Americanisms’ comment, I don’t know what you’re talking about: Wtf was widely used when I was at Thorpe school In the 80s, and ‘wow’ is hardly a new thing. An utterly strange comment indeed.

23 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I didn’t reply after both points, just one; I was mid-post when those other comments were made.

Omg GIFs | Tenor

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Omg GIFs | Tenor

Er, Ok. Weird.

Edit: it looks like someone has just learnt how to use gifs.  Well done!  You do realise they are an ‘Americanism’?

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

I've been a clapper on this forum for 15 or 16 years and even I can see where this season is heading. Somebody's cut the brakes and we're heading towards a cliff.

Really a very weird thing to say off the back of two straight league wins.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is an interesting thing, though - I thought your original argument was always that Tzolis was badly managed by DF?  Now you are conflating it as an anti Smith thing?

Just coming to the opinion that you're a pompous **** really, that's about the extent of this discussion for me.  Continually having to explain very obvious points that were made, and even now you're just rattling on the biggest load of balls.

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

As for your ‘Americanisms’ comment, I don’t know what you’re talking about: Wtf was widely used when I was at Thorpe school In the 80s

You used the term "Wtaf" - at least check what you post ffs:

image.png.7859e82eb983bdf75184ce08264e4097.png

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Just coming to the opinion that you're a pompous **** really, that's about the extent of this discussion for me.  Continually having to explain very obvious points that were made, and even now you're just rattling on the biggest load of balls.

You used the term "Wtaf" - at least check what you post ffs:

image.png.7859e82eb983bdf75184ce08264e4097.png

Er, ok.  
 I know exactly what I said as I checked -  is there that much difference in wtf and wtaf that it deserves this level of vitriol? This is a message board for discussing stuff, I don’t quite follow what’s got you so bothered about what I posted, if it bothers you perhaps just ‘ignore’.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

Really a very weird thing to say off the back of two straight league wins.

To be fair I thought we would win both of those games and will continue to beat poor/average sides at home even if we don't change manager.

Perhaps I'm just a miserablist when it comes to Smith and in a few weeks time I'll start seeing the green shoots. As of now I've mowed the lawn and looked closely but am not seeing them.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

To be fair I thought we would win both of those games and will continue to beat poor/average sides at home even if we don't change manager.

Perhaps I'm just a miserablist when it comes to Smith and in a few weeks time I'll start seeing the green shoots. As of now I've mowed the lawn and looked closely but am not seeing them.

Fair enough - I think the shoots are there, but as you say we ‘should’ have won the games we played last week.  I back Smith but we definitely need to show more, and hopefully will in the coming weeks. The next two games are pretty big and will show if it’s a false dawn or a ‘real’ one.

We definitely have some selection headaches - l/b is a problem (through no real fault of management) and who plays up front, it’d be good (but bold) to fit Pulki and Josh together somehow.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We definitely have some selection headaches - l/b is a problem (through no real fault of management) and who plays up front, it’d be good (but bold) to fit Pulki and Josh together somehow.

Thought Smith regained a little control in the second half with the switch to 4-2-4 which I think we will go to when chasing goals. Maybe not from the start as it's a risky territory game but you can practically see defenders panicking trying to keep an eye on Pukki and another striker. In fact, Teemu made a good argument for #10 tonight slipping between lines and making space 

Despite his goal, Hugill is very much the odd one out up top

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I've often thought Pukki has the brains and other attributes to be that Thomas Muller style player in a wide/floating position.  

25 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

When it comes to Smith, I'm just allowing myself to flutter in the wind.... Every match i'm either up or down on him, but already the lows feel deeper than the highs.  Feels like i'm tetering somewhere between "This is ok" and "What are we doing?!".

I do really crave the "This is incredible" feeling that we had in spades under Farke.  And that comparison is the biggest obstacle for me... 9 months in and I still cannot adapt to Smith or see him as anything other than a temporary manager/coach at this club.  And this is dispite me actively wanting to like him.

It's a little like buying Professor Peppy from Aldi.... If you compare it to Dr Pepper it's a little bland, but on it's own merit it's a reasonable drink.  And at 25p/litre it becomes a very good drink relatively.  But then you get those who claim it tastes the same or even better than Dr Pepper... And that's when my brain starts to frazzle.

Mmmmm frazzles.

• Like 2

I certainly agree with some of that regarding Smith. He feels like a temporary gamble that hasn't paid off and is just going to be a placeholder until the next guy turns up. When I think of successful Norwich managers I think of charismatic Farke, spicy Lambert and up-and-coming Neil. I try not to think about cult of personality stuff but it is hard not to after Farke. I don't think Smith is a bad manager I just think he's incredibly beige. That in itself isn't the worst thing as we've had beige managers do okay previously I just don't think he's what we need right now.

I don't get the impression that Smith is particularly bothered, I think he'd almost be thankful if we sacked him. Not in a sense that we'd be putting himself out of his misery I just think he's tired and probably should have taken that 6 months out of football he was planning when Villa sacked him.

Edited by KeiranShikari