Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Maddison

Can't say I was looking hard, but I can't say I really noticed Maddison that much last season. Did he have an injury lay-off or just a bit ordinary?

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

What is going on with Leicester?

Looks like Schmeichel is going, Maddison could be off, others rumoured to leave and they still haven't bought anyone yet.

Didn't qualify for Europe so are having to cut their cloth accordingly?

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't say I was looking hard, but I can't say I really noticed Maddison that much last season. Did he have an injury lay-off or just a bit ordinary?

He had his best ever season for goals and assists and was arguably the most in form English midfielder in the last few months, leading many England fans to criticise Southgate for including Grealish but not Maddison in his last two squads.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful player, was a bit slow to get going last season, but the second half of the season was at his brilliant best. £40m? Very few players can offer what he does.  Leicester should be asking double that.

• Like 1

if Newcastle bid 40 and Leicester want 60 middle ground of 50/55 mil and he would be a Great signing for Newcastle 

Maddison is a Player of flair that Newcastle fans would Love 

he might be a called by some a big time charlie but you need that sometimes look at all the flair players in the past 

English and he Performs in the PL not only that i am sure a lot of good players would want to play with him strikers forwards and wingers would love Madders passing the ball about 

Maddison needs a move I think. He’s a great player but he’s lagged behind his peers. Not all his own fault. He is an England player and should be getting in and amongst those getting selected but can’t raise his game enough.

Newcashle United could be a great move

50 minutes ago, chicken said:

Says it all doesn't it. Team that is pretty consistently mid-table/top half these days still can't throw money around like a team freshly bought out by a middle-eastern state with questionable motives because of FFP... How on Earth are Newcastle able to consider offers of the like they are if Leicester can't?

Isn’t FFP measured over the last three seasons? So as Newcastle spent very little under Ashley, they’ve got unused spending power “in the bank” they can take advantage of now. Plus their new owners will probably sponsor the stadium for a vastly overinflated price or some other dodge to get around the rules.

41 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He was excellent in the second half of last season. 

55 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Isn’t FFP measured over the last three seasons? So as Newcastle spent very little under Ashley, they’ve got unused spending power “in the bank” they can take advantage of now. Plus their new owners will probably sponsor the stadium for a vastly overinflated price or some other dodge to get around the rules.

Oh there is bound to be a loophole they find... or that has been conveniently reopened then closed again... as with what happened with Villa.🤪🙄