Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Bye bye Mumba

4 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

League One here we come.

No local derby match next season then.....

For anyone who didn't believe me when I said this was just a binner troll - those who've agreed with him recently I hope you hang your head in shame.

@Pete Raven can we get this account banned - we're not allowed to post on TWTD (apparently).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We've seen plenty of evidence, on the pitch, that Josh Martin offers more than Placheta. Our eyes don't deceive us. 

That’s not setting the bar very high, especially as Placheta has also been deemed surplus to requirements for this season. On top of that, it appears Championship clubs want to loan Placheta, whereas it looks like Martin will have to drop down to League 1.

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You have zero evidence for this. It’s equally likely, I would say more likely that they (Mumba and Martin) are either not good enough or not ready enough.

A year ago you were saying that Bali Mumba is the next Max Aarons. 

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

it appears Championship clubs want to loan Placheta

I mean, a Championship club once loaned Fernando Derveld from us, so anything can happen in football. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Basically our talented kids are being sacrificed for financial reasons because we are stuck with deadwood like Placheta and Sinani on the payroll (and yes, I know that Placheta is out on loan, but doubt they are paying much more than a fraction of his salary).

Mumba and Martin are victims of our poor recruitment. Famewo probably isn't quite good enough, but have to wonder whether he'd have got a spot in our squad if we weren't stuck paying Zimmerframe.

Josh Martin didn’t exactly shine in a team that got relegated from league one last season and Mumba could hardly keep his place in the starting 11 for Peterborough so what makes you think either are good enough for us? Sinani meanwhile got the the championship play off final. 

7 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Josh Martin didn’t exactly shine in a team that got relegated from league one last season

People keep saying this, but surely its much harder to shine as an attacking player in a poor team which struggles to win and retain possession and get the ball to your feet? Plus he did actually end the season in good form.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Basically our talented kids are being sacrificed for financial reasons because we are stuck with deadwood like Placheta and Sinani on the payroll (and yes, I know that Placheta is out on loan, but doubt they are paying much more than a fraction of his salary).

Mumba and Martin are victims of our poor recruitment. Famewo probably isn't quite good enough, but have to wonder whether he'd have got a spot in our squad if we weren't stuck paying Zimmerframe.

I really don't follow this logic.

Are you saying Mumba and Martin are being let as we need the money? I'd suggest neither of them are going to be on big wages and any loan fee for Mumba from Plymouth will be minimal. Or that they have to be moved on because there are too many experienced 'dead wood' players in their way? Again, not sure that makes sense for Mumba in particular.

Also I can't understand how you throw Zimmerman into the mix? He was given a new deal after the first Championship promotion, where he was a key player. I'm not sure how much foresight you expect the club to have to have not extended his contract because he may have injury issues in the future and then not be the same player? Or predicted a global pandemic that killed the transfer market at the lower levels of the game?

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I really don't follow this logic.

Are you saying Mumba and Martin are being let as we need the money?

I certainly think there is a lot of pressure to trim the size of the squad and the wage bill in order to recruit, and that there clearly haven't been any cash offers forthcoming for the likes of Cantwell, Placheta, Tsoliz, and Hugill (who I think is alright to have around the place, but I suspect is on some serious wonga).

Also, you'd be surprised how much top domestic U23 players can earn these days, and both have signed contract extensions after breaking into the side, they aren't on their first Norwich City deals.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

People keep saying this, but surely its much harder to shine as an attacking player in a poor team which struggles to win and retain possession and get the ball to your feet? Plus he did actually end the season in good form.

Exactly, did anyone shine in our team last season aside of maybe Pukki? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A year ago you were saying that Bali Mumba is the next Max Aarons. 

*If* I did, I was clearly wrong.

There, that wasn’t hard, was it?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I see your point but then and I know this is a bit of an extreme but Emi did still perform well in 19/20 and had great numbers. Looking at his stats 4 goals in 13 isn't actually too bad, I guess with him its just a case of the likes of Sprignett and Rowe moving ahead of him in the pecking order and having too many players in that position, I'd rather let Martin go and keep Springett and Rowe if thats the choice. 

13 hours ago, AJ said:

Exactly, did anyone shine in our team last season aside of maybe Pukki? 

Springett and Rowe are clearly ahead of him, we have too many players in that position, thank him for the goal against Sheffield Wednesday and move on, we have a lot of better players than him in that position so let him go and play football elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Springett and Rowe are clearly ahead of him, we have too many players in that position, thank him for the goal against Sheffield Wednesday and move on, we have a lot of better players than him in that position so let him go and play football elsewhere. 

Shakey has certainly been giving Springett a lot of personal coaching on Day 5 of German traynun!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

For anyone who didn't believe me when I said this was just a binner troll - those who've agreed with him recently I hope you hang your head in shame.

@Pete Raven can we get this account banned - we're not allowed to post on TWTD (apparently).

Calm down Hoggy! We are big enough to take a bit of trolling on here. Ipsh1t have very little to shout about anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Calm down Hoggy! We are big enough to take a bit of trolling on here. Ipsh1t have very little to shout about anyway.

Why else would someone be wasting all their time posting on another teams forum. The mind boggles!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Shakey has certainly been giving Springett a lot of personal coaching on Day 5 of German traynun!

Now we know what they do in traynun Neyul