Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Placheta set for Birmingham?

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm going to be quite controversial here, I don't even think he's as fast as people make out....... 

Think you've forgotten that highlight against Huddersfield. He's rapid. Just not ultra-fast with the ball and doesn't have Rashica's / Hernandez's ability to turn very tightly in small spaces.

I think he suffers from Pukki being our front man. You don't change that when Pukki's been so damn consistent, but he won't win many headers. For me, Placheta was bought as a plan B where instead of attacking midfielders feeding throughballs for Pukki running off the shoulder, we had wingers firing high crosses in at a big man (which was Hugill).

Under certain circumstances, namely a team playing on the counter with a big man or two up top, I think there's a dangerous player in there. Can't fault Placheta's workrate and he's got an unusual combo of plenty of top speed with a very good gas tank. But he's not going to thread many balls through. Give him space to run into, a ball to chase, and a big man to aim at so he doesn't have to overthink stuff, and he could cause trouble.

That skillset doesn't fit Farkeball or teams that play with attacking midfielders on the front foot though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm going to be quite controversial here, I don't even think he's as fast as people make out....... 

There's fast with the ball and fast without the ball. They're not always the same thing.

• Like 1

Sadly, Placheta is held back by being virtually uncoachable. If he had footballing intelligence we would not be thinking about letting him move on. But 'you can't put it where it ain't'.

40 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Sadly, Placheta is held back by being virtually uncoachable. If he had footballing intelligence we would not be thinking about letting him move on. But 'you can't put it where it ain't'.

Oh come on. You don't know that he's "virtually uncoachable". That's a massive exaggeration. 

5 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

My post was a statement of fact rather than suggesting we should have added a sale clause.

Oh I know, I was just pointing out a lot of people have a real downer on the guy. This situation seems perfect to me.

I do prefer that nearly done deals or more than likely deals do get a new thread. 

Transfer rumours thread is a cesspit and sheds light on nothing unless you have the time to go through it. 

Unless the pinkun site is running out of cloud storage, I think we're ok. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

There's fast with the ball and fast without the ball. They're not always the same thing.

I know, but I'm not sure he's particularly either, he's no Lee Croft 🤣