Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

The Killers Carrow Rd 9th June

Finally it's come round and looks a decent evening weather wise for those on the pitch!

Doors open 5:30

Blossoms 06:50

Killers 08:30

Finish 22:30 ish

Anyone know if the Lions Club are doing car parking, or have any other ideas. E.g. Morrisons is £10 but I suspect will be a nightmare to get off of.

Hope all going have fun- had tickets for the Emirates stadium show but covid cancellations made the new date impossible so very envious!

I saw The Killers support  British Sea Power at Colchester arts centre many years ago 

The Killers were selling their own merch. My mate tried to get a t-shirt off the drummer for half price 

How times change 

4 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I saw The Killers support  British Sea Power at Colchester arts centre many years ago 

The Killers were selling their own merch. My mate tried to get a t-shirt off the drummer for half price 

How times change 

Called Sea Power now because of their political beliefs. Saw them supporting the Manics in 2011 and thought they were the better band.

As for the Killers, I saw them supporting U2 in 2005, okay I suppose but that was the first time seeing a support band I actually knew at the time, unlike these poor-sound-system bands who sell their CDs at the merch desk afters, then you never hear from them again.

Edited by KernowCanary

I enjoyed the show tonight, crowd were up for it, note to self. The days of standing in front of stage for hours are over. As I pen this i have a pair feet resting on packet of frozen peas and sweetcorn. Achilles playing up.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

I enjoyed the show tonight, crowd were up for it, note to self. The days of standing in front of stage for hours are over. As I pen this i have a pair feet resting on packet of frozen peas and sweetcorn. Achilles playing up.

It’s crap, especially having to sit through the support act to get that spot at the front, which isn’t always a pleasant experience. Haven’t done the front row since 2015 and have no intention to return. I arrive just before the support start these days.

Amazing show. First time I've seen them live, very impressive.

Something very special watching the Killers against the backdrop of Carrow Rd and NCFC. We were 8 rows from the front. Will live long in the memory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

They were truly great. I don't think it's an overstatement to say possibly the best live band I've ever seen.

They were okay when I saw them supporting U2. Not exactly great but “Hot Fuss” will always be a great album, they just never pulled it off live.

When they tried to be clever with that “Are we human or are we dancer” thing, they just lost interest with me.

On 10/06/2022 at 08:15, Capt. Pants said:

Amazing show. First time I've seen them live, very impressive.

Something very special watching the Killers against the backdrop of Carrow Rd and NCFC. We were 8 rows from the front. Will live long in the memory.

I had the option of a couple of tickets half price but couldn’t make it due to work 😔

Couple of questions as I’m going to see an old man play the piano Wednesday.

Were there charidy car parks in the usual places you would see them on a match day and how long did it take to get through the security checks ? Ta in advance 

I presume drinks prices are incredibly high too ?