Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

The New Charter - NCFC Membership

So newly labelled categories of Premier Member and Standard Member.

One clarity it provides that wasn't there before is that of shareholders rights and claiming procedure for Standard Membership. Why shouldnt shareholders be entitled to Premium membership as by definition they are Ultimate members?

What is the benefit of Standard Membership to a season ticket holder? That said I needed it last season solely for the purpose of being able to listen to an Internet commentary. Why not a £25 discount for shareholder season ticket holders with all Standard Membership services provided?

£25 value per year for 4 shares is very generous yet there are other circumstances where the Club has denied the individual £1,000 value for 1,000 shares and won't even grant Premium Membership.

A consistent and logical scheme across the board would be helpful.

I guess it will depend what standard membership offers you?

I wonder if "standard" will effectively be "home" membership and "premium" will cover home and away (or maybe cups as well?). 

A cynic might think that "standard" membership has been created due to the realisation that the cat is out of the bag that shareholders are entitled to it for free and it will therefore bring very limited benefits!

13 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I guess it will depend what standard membership offers you?

I wonder if "standard" will effectively be "home" membership and "premium" will cover home and away (or maybe cups as well?). 

A cynic might think that "standard" membership has been created due to the realisation that the cat is out of the bag that shareholders are entitled to it for free and it will therefore bring very limited benefits!

What was promised at the AGM was a review, at least in regard to Away membership. On the face ot it this looks like a re-badging rather than a review therefore not what was promised.

With the Premium package, you obviously get a free pair of socks thrown in, too 😉

3 minutes ago, GMF said:

With the Premium package, you obviously get a free pair of socks thrown in, too 😉

Indeed. I got one pair when I eventually relented on the away membership scheme and another following the Internet commentary incident. Not sure how that aligns with the Clubs sustainability policy? Avoidance could perhaps also contribute to any costs of rendering the scheme fair and logical.

What exactly is the qualification to be a Premier member both home and away ?

Is it different prices to be a Premier member as opposed to a standard member or is it based on the number of games attended ?

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What exactly is the qualification to be a Premier member both home and away ?

Is it different prices to be a Premier member as opposed to a standard member or is it based on the number of games attended ?

We will no doubt soon find out but it looks to me as if there will be a two tier membership system, one of which gives you preferential ticket access (or more preferential ticket access). If I had to guess i'd say they are doing away with "away" membership and bringing it all under the "premier membership" category perhaps with a return to something akin to the points system alongside it.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

We will no doubt soon find out but it looks to me as if there will be a two tier membership system, one of which gives you preferential ticket access (or more preferential ticket access). If I had to guess i'd say they are doing away with "away" membership and bringing it all under the "premier membership" category perhaps with a return to something akin to the points system alongside it.

Another wonderful fan communication from the club. Just stick it in a sub section on the club website and assume evrybody will understand it and of course go looking for it.

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Another wonderful fan communication from the club. Just stick it in a sub section on the club website and assume evrybody will understand it and of course go looking for it.

Yes, I was wondering where this had been announced.

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Could be away membership with another badge and £50 fee for everyone regardless of any other existing club loyalties past or present? 

In other words apologies for the Rotherham debacle of 3 years ago, if you pay us another fee we may be able to get it right in future.

30 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just stick it in a sub section on the club website and assume evrybody will understand it and of course go looking for it.

Okay, I must be losing it, I've tried the search function, looked at what I considered to be the most appropriate place, but still have not found this - can you provide a link @TIL 1010 so I can join in the complaints?

10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Okay, I must be losing it, I've tried the search function, looked at what I considered to be the most appropriate place, but still have not found this - can you provide a link @TIL 1010 so I can join in the complaints?

https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/supporter-charter

Don't lose the will to live but it is buried way down the subsections.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Presumably there will be an announcement but they have made sure when redrafting the charter that it’s compatible with the new system when it’s announced?

36 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I can see this is the existing one - where do I find the "proposals" for the new one @Essex Canary?

Ditto Shef. Navigation of the website is still hopeless. I put NCFC Customer Charter in Google search to find it.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

I can see this is the existing one - where do I find the "proposals" for the new one @Essex Canary?

The version currently on the website was updated in April this year 2022 so i am informed.

Thanks both. 

I must have a cached site on my PC as I definitely saw the old wording first time.  Now looking on my phone and the new wording appears. 

In my view just a quick edit really.  And having to apply for Standard membership every year is a pfaff, in the past they just sent it automatically.  I do hope there is publicity to remind me, although this thread may still be live one suspects.  

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Thanks both. 

I must have a cached site on my PC as I definitely saw the old wording first time.  Now looking on my phone and the new wording appears. 

In my view just a quick edit really.  And having to apply for Standard membership every year is a pfaff, in the past they just sent it automatically.  I do hope there is publicity to remind me, although this thread may still be live one suspects.  

Why not try asking for a refund for the years you paid inadvertently?

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Why not try asking for a refund for the years you paid inadvertently?

I've asked a question on application and the refund! 😉 Ta.  Will let you know.

36 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've asked a question on application and the refund! 😉 Ta.  Will let you know.

The other issue is why could they not combine the shareholding records with the recently designed one supporter login? That way entitlement can be given automatically. They may then also be able to produce their own Share Register and save on the amount that I understand they pay to a legal firm for same. I will put that forward when we reach the end of this thread.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

4 hours ago, GMF said:

Again ! 

After the scarves and socks, the least I was expecting was a sleek waistcoat (‘The Gary’), elegant snood or canary-feathered merkin

I've just gone back to have another look at the charter and the membership info has disappeared , can someone else check as I'm on my phone 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I've just gone back to have another look at the charter and the membership info has disappeared , can someone else check as I'm on my phone 

Yes it appears to have gone. Very mysterious. They are obviously now monitoring social media closely!

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

We've been rumbled ! 😃

Bit sinister.

They won't speak to us but they are watching...........

Gosh, it has indeed.  I wonder if that was prompted by my question?  Very curious ....   🤔🤭

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

P!ss ups and breweries come to mind 

Perhaps the wheels were oiled over a lunchtime pint leading to the section on membership which was on the website this morning being edited out. Let us hope some messages have been received.