cambridgeshire canary

Pukki now our 2nd all time highest scorer, only 4 more to go

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I would say Robert Fleck but its only an educated guess. Scored 84 goals between 1987/98 so that would be mostly top flight Division 1.

Sutton is top in Premier League with 33 goals

Remember that Fleck bumped his totals with goals in the Cups.

Deehan (48), Peters (42), Fleck (40), Reeves (37) & Fash/Sutton (35) are the Top Flighter leaders.

• Thanks 1

Much more difficult to score in Premier League now and especially for Pukki this season with no service.  Top strikers don’t score every chance and even Man City miss penalties!

12 minutes ago, Erraticus said:

Is that a packed terrace at Carrow Road or a well trimmed hedge in the background? 
When was that photo taken?

Early 1950's

29 minutes ago, Erraticus said:

Is that a packed terrace at Carrow Road or a well trimmed hedge in the background? 
When was that photo taken?

It is credited as Oct 14 1950, Millwall vs Norwich.  The crowd that day was over 34,000.

You aren’t ever going to compete with the jumpers for goalposts era people where every game was 6-6 and played on a ploughed field

59 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Slightly different question. Who is our all time top flight goalscorer? Flecky? Sutton? Gordon? 

It is indeed John Deehan

A much under rated Norwich striker and my first of 2 ncfc boyhood heros (2nd being Drinkell)

Particularly sad what he's going through now

37 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Is this the longest Cambridge has ever been without replying to his own thread?

He doesn't need to, you're talking about him . Job done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

The Davies transfer was daylight robbery. Best header of a ball Ive ever seen in my lifetime.

Totally agree Ricardo. Ron is my all time favourite City forward and his prowess is reflected in his all time highest goals per game ratio. I still remember his headed goal against Cardiff City defending the Barclay end goal. It thundered home from about 30 yards, just incredible. No wonder Sir Matt Busby described him as the best centre forward in Europe.

we sold him for £60000 to Southampton just a few weeks after Newcastle paid £100000 for Wyn Davies. As you say Ricardo, daylight robbery. I was about 11 at the time and damn near cried when I heard the news.

• Like 1