Sign in to follow this  
crispeduk

TV sport balls

Worked my bollo*ks off, was lucky too and so had a comfortable retirement, then an ok retirement .... next season I won’t be able to afford to travel to any club's football matches and having a pint at my local non-League club’s home games has become a decision to take. But I'm better off than many of my generation and so have room for manouvre to make the occasional decision for myself. When not able to get out one of those decisions is whether to watch the ceiling or tv, so armchair viewing grows in importance – but buying both Sky Sport and BT Sport is not an option, only one of them is even a possible for me to get into. Anyone got a handle on which is likely to have most City games next season? Or should I just crawl away and hide under a stone? Or, worse, listen to Talksh*te?

Going back to the champs will we be streaming out non-3pm Saturday games again? That would probably be your best (and cheapest) bet for number of city games if so...

• Thanks 1

You can get NowTV day passes for sky sports. It’s not cheap, but if you’re only/mainly interested in Norwich games it’s far cheaper than a subscription.

Football League is all on Sky, so no need for BT to watch City next season. I've got a deal on a NowTV Sports pass, pay £25 per month, and that includes all the Sky Sports Channels. You can pay an extra £5 per month for Boost that allows up to 3 devices (across multiple addresses) to stream at the same time, so if you club together it's effectively only £10 per month. 

Matt that sharing a deal's a winner I hadn't thought of (I know, slow, but that happens 😄), cheers for that. Heard of BT having some Championship football next time round but trust your advice as can find no reference to that when searching, so thanks.

Current Sky deal runs until 2024, up to 118 Championship matches during the main season, then all playoffs. 

8 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

Current Sky deal runs until 2024, up to 118 Championship matches during the main season, then all playoffs. 

So Sky show all championship games over than the 3pm kickoffs now? Neat, wish I knew that earlier

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I love the Colin Murray program that is free on Quest which covers all the Football League. I think ITV4 have bought the rights for next year, so might not be the same, but worth keeping an eye out.

It's on Saturday nights.

Tip for anyone using now TV . Search online for offers. Oncr offer is about to run out , cancel before it returns to full price, DO answer the question about leaving ....using cant afford it/ too expensive option.  They will make you a better offer. Currently have sky sports and BT  in hd for total €26.50 per month. Happy haggling!

• Like 1

I wouldn't bother with BT, it is only really good for European games unless you have an interest in those, the Champions League / Europe League finals are usually free to air on Youtube. I think they've also won the rights to some England Cricket matches now (Ashes?) though, and they have Moto GP.

Sky has much greater coverage of domestic matches, F1, Golf. Both are unnecessarily expensive, but as wcorkcanary says above, you can manage to haggle good packages if you have the time and effort to do it

16 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

Football League is all on Sky, so no need for BT to watch City next season. I've got a deal on a NowTV Sports pass, pay £25 per month, and that includes all the Sky Sports Channels. You can pay an extra £5 per month for Boost that allows up to 3 devices (across multiple addresses) to stream at the same time, so if you club together it's effectively only £10 per month. 

I’m currently paying £19 a month. I’ll cancel after the playoffs and take up another offer, you do have to be hard though and never pay full price, that way they keep offering you better deals

5 hours ago, AJ said:

I wouldn't bother with BT, it is only really good for European games unless you have an interest in those, the Champions League / Europe League finals are usually free to air on Youtube. I think they've also won the rights to some England Cricket matches now (Ashes?) though, and they have Moto GP.

Sky has much greater coverage of domestic matches, F1, Golf. Both are unnecessarily expensive, but as wcorkcanary says above, you can manage to haggle good packages if you have the time and effort to do it

It really doesnt  take long.... certainly less time than getting out of a contract with Sky... conts. With my BT deal  in ireland i also get premier sports... which shows  1   3 pm sat ko most weeks, city have been on 6 times this season i think.