Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Must Keep McLean

If interest in Kenny was in the Gruardien Kenny would now be playing in Europe wiv the 'ammers....Blowin' buckie bubbles.....FACT!....

It may not be his fault but for me McLean just represents everything that has been wrong about our team this year.

A fairly decent footballer who can do an ok job in the championship but is nowhere good enough for the premier league. Depressingly getting picked every week despite not being good enough and/or making mistakes just because he is either the best of a bad bunch or shows the right attitude/runs around a lot.

Another poster made the comment at the beginning of the season that if McLean was a regular fixture in our first team in the premier league then we would be relegated and he has been proven 100% right.

To keep him in the team and repeat it all again would be madness... next year we must establish a midfield where McLean is either gone or is at best a last 10 mins sub to waste time.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

That was what I originally responded to and what you argued back about. It's your unwillingness to accept that it's less than reliable to say the least which is why I keep going on. You still won't admit it! Whether you rate him or not, is not what started our exchange. The West Ham thing was. I'll say it again, it was just paper talk and there was no concrete interest at all. Do you dispute that? 

They didn't place a bid that we know about, so presumably it was never 'concrete'. It doesn't mean he wasn't on a list of players they were looking at. He might have been 3rd or 4th choice, who knows?

This philosophy requires the club to scout well, but above all learn lessons and progress!      So the question is does playing McLean and Zimmermann and Rupp and Sargent and Dowell progress the club?   No in my view, since they can’t step up and do a job, but hold us back from developing better options.    

If we got promoted playing them, we’d have to spend replacing them and we don’t have the funds so we need to develop better for a promotion.    Seems basic common sense  but so many posters keep this ridiculous argument ‘they will rip up the championship!’ Honestly, what is the point of that?     In McLeans case particularly, how on earth do we get decent CDMs capable of playing EPL football if we persist with him….. oh, and by the way, he’s only an average Championship player at best!

Edited by ged in the onion bag

21 minutes ago, rock bus said:

It may not be his fault but for me McLean just represents everything that has been wrong about our team this year.

A fairly decent footballer who can do an ok job in the championship but is nowhere good enough for the premier league. Depressingly getting picked every week despite not being good enough and/or making mistakes just because he is either the best of a bad bunch or shows the right attitude/runs around a lot.

Another poster made the comment at the beginning of the season that if McLean was a regular fixture in our first team in the premier league then we would be relegated and he has been proven 100% right.

To keep him in the team and repeat it all again would be madness... next year we must establish a midfield where McLean is either gone or is at best a last 10 mins sub to waste time.

Totally agree.   Said he had to go on our last relegation, we needed 3 new CDMs then, we’ve had one loan in all that time since and played McLean consistently; that is incompetence beyond acceptability and here we are!    To have posters suggesting McLean will be ok next season is quite sad!   Sorry but two years of this and they don’t have the nous to see it!   

5 hours ago, rock bus said:

Exactly my thoughts 

We need pace and Power in the midfield 

you watch the top teams so much faster and powerful 

i am not talking skill wise as that is why they are at the top clubs 

they just look far more mobile

5 hours ago, rock bus said:

Yes that is my view too. It isn't McLean's fault that we've somehow failed to upgrade on him but it is a clear part of the reason we are where we are. 

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

They didn't place a bid that we know about, so presumably it was never 'concrete'. It doesn't mean he wasn't on a list of players they were looking at. He might have been 3rd or 4th choice, who knows?

That goes for any transfer rumour ever.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

They didn't place a bid that we know about, so presumably it was never 'concrete'. It doesn't mean he wasn't on a list of players they were looking at. He might have been 3rd or 4th choice...

...or 115th or 116th. If Kenny really was the answer, wtf was the question?

I've heard that he's in line for a part in the re-make of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' - the role uses his full skill set:

Best Body Snatchers GIFs | Gfycat

OTBC

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

...or 115th or 116th. If Kenny really was the answer, wtf was the question?

I've heard that he's in line for a part in the re-make of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' - the role uses his full skill set:

Best Body Snatchers GIFs | Gfycat

OTBC

I think at the time they were worried about relegation from the prem that season, and were in a poor run of form.

Again, Kenny isn't really a Premier League midfielder but he's the closest we've got which is why both Farke, Smith, Ex-Pros and teammates rate him. I think Lappin and Eadie in particular were correct when they said 99% of fans wouldn't appreciate or even notice half of what he does, but his teammates and manager would.