Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

Man City Expectations

22 hours ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

I would agree with others that given Man City's preference to play nice, possession football it might be a good match for Wee Billy in the middle. He'll likely have more time to operate as the ball distributer compared to other matchups where he gets pressed and easily overwhelmed?

My preference would still be the PLM-Normann duo in the middle. Push the latter to make it to the 60' mark and see what happens.

The downside to the match suiting Gilmour would be that if we did then get a result, it would cement the media mindset for the rest of the season. 😡

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have to say Norwich is becoming a bit of a **** hole, PoW in particular.

It's getting the investment with the work being done but the road works and empty shops makes it a place I try to avoid as much as possible for my mental health as much as anything.

That’s nuts. I thought EXACTLY this the other day. The city centre feels less like a Fine City and more one on the down turn. Equally The Lanes make up for it, but they’re a small sliver. 

2 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

When was the last time you went out in Norwich fella?! PoW is no longer what it was, it’s now lonely kebab shops with shut down night clubs soon to be renovated into flats and the road pedestrianised… though I have spotted a new Irish bar which looks good craic 😁

But I no longer have abject fear when walking up it on a Thurs-Sat evening. It’s probably a good thing! 

I'll be out tonight after the game like most weekends.....I certainly know what PoW Road has to offer.....But I'm certainly not going to disclose where I'll be out an' about having fun, and certainly not down PoW...."Ssshh, you ain't seen me, roight?".... 😉 

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'll be out tonight after the game like most weekends.....I certainly know what PoW Road has to offer.....But I'm certainly not going to disclose where I'll be out an' about having fun, and certainly not down PoW...."Ssshh, you ain't seen me, roight?".... 😉 

Look out for NN after the match, take him with you. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Look out for NN after the match. 

I try not to....but I regularly pass him an' Dunc..... (that's a euphemism)).....

Guardiola bigging up NCFC and encouiraging Man City side to go for the win.  When we wanted them to take us lightly and spring a surprise.  A sending off would be nice.  I fancied us for a win and was going to invest a small sum at 18/1, Pukki 12/1 for first goal at PP.

If its going to be a defeat lets come out with pride.

12 minutes ago, pete said:

Guardiola bigging up NCFC and encouiraging Man City side to go for the win.  When we wanted them to take us lightly and spring a surprise.  A sending off would be nice.  I fancied us for a win and was going to invest a small sum at 18/1, Pukki 12/1 for first goal at PP.

If its going to be a defeat lets come out with pride.

22/1 right now on Betfair. 

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Where is the place to go for after match drinks for those of a slightly more mature age?