cambridgeshire canary

Are you ok with the fact that we signed no one?

Are you ok with the fact that we signed no one?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ok with the fact that we signed no one?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t think three million is really a big loss considering this season is worth around 150 million with all the parachute payments! It’s concerning that we didn’t feel like we wanted to take any risk on players given we’re in 17th and a chance of staying up! But that’s up to the club! Nothing we can do but hope we have enough in our squad!

Where does the 3 million figure come from? Webber quoted more no?

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Where does the 3 million figure come from? Webber quoted more no?

It was mentioned that 5 million was by them, but our contract with Lotus was 2 million. So that’s where I assume it’s 3 million.

Edited by Indy

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t think three million is really a big loss considering this season is worth around 150 million with all the parachute payments! It’s concerning that we didn’t feel like we wanted to take any risk on players given we’re in 17th and a chance of staying up! But that’s up to the club! Nothing we can do but hope we have enough in our squad!

That is exactly how i feel Indy .

150million every season you stay in this league is worth pushing the boat out nothing Crazy but helping out by getting a DCM in that might well be the difference between staying up or going down 

• Like 1

Just now, norfolkngood said:

That is exactly how i feel Indy .

150million every season you stay in this league is worth pushing the boat out nothing Crazy but helping out by getting a DCM in that might well be the difference between staying up or going down 

I think the 150 is misleading, you don’t get handed a cheque for this amount and player costs are much higher but I get your point.

7 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I think the 150 is misleading, you don’t get handed a cheque for this amount and player costs are much higher but I get your point.

We know that! But even players are bought around milestone payments and payment schedules to suit! I think we could have made at least one decent signing even a loan to buy from abroad! But as said we go with less than we had, we got rid of Cantwell who on paper could have done a decent job just he didn’t want to. 

Edited by Indy

7 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I have every faith in Dean Smith and Shakey.

If they manage to keep us up without any overpriced mercenary signings it will better the achievements of any other manager here before them.

If anybody can its the SAS. Its a huge task but not impossible.  And it would go down as one hell of an achievement. 

The league starts as of the palace game. A win meaning three in a row fantastic. Draw. Ok . Defeat. Big struggle.

We can do it. Get behind the team and the SAS. The windows closed now. It is what it is. 

Anything is possible.  Cmon NCFC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

We know that! But even players are bought around milestone payments and payment schedules to suit! I think we could have made at least one decent signing even a loan to buy from abroad! But as said we go with less than we had, we got rid of Cantwell who on paper could have done a decent job just he didn’t want to. 

Are we allowed another loan? 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

Edited by hertfordyellow
Link

39 minutes ago, Indy said:

I thought as long as it’s outside a premiership club it’s allowed! That’s from other premier league clubs that link.

No 4 in total it says

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yes I know the Denmark connection, that’s fine…  but I don’t understand why these kinds of players have to be such a pipe dream for Norwich fans when teams of arguably a similar size are doing just that!

London 

Wages

league position 

Dane as manager ( though not as sexy sounding as a Norwegian  to some)

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Some seem to be justifying the lack of strengthening by the fact that any (even one?) new signing might disrupt a well-integrated squad that,. due to of a couple of wins against fellow lower league opponents, has suddenly gelled.

Let's prey that they are right and that even that the Toon's new display of quality will take  enough time to get going to allow us to steal a march on them.

A bit hopeful that, but hope is all we have.

I bet Dean Smith would have welcomed a new face or two, and our manager now seems to be our strongest card.

As much as I’d love to see Newcastle flop, I think they’ve unfortunately bought enough quality to escape.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I was shocked at that one but Ramsey gets to play for 4 months and then collect a couple more winners medals, and gets 2 x games against Dortmund in Europe in the process.

Can we still sign free agents? Jack Wilshere available! 

I do kind of find it baffling he can’t find a club.

Probably not a serious one for us especially considering how off the pace he’ll be but amazed no one in the Champ has taken a punt.

Are his demands/ego just too big? He’s wasting the last few years of his career.

I know he’s had injuries but he was a good player once. 

44 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

No 4 in total it says

Forgot about Normann! 👍

3 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

How could you???????

I know it’s like we’ve signed a CM this January! Well that’s me happy! 👍😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I suppose it depends what you mean by 'OK'. I'm disappointed that we didn't bring in a defensive midfielder and/or an attacking player, but I'm not exactly furious either. 

Personally, I would've liked to see us get a guaranteed fee for Cantwell (either a permanent deal or loan with obligation) and then use that money for a defensive midfielder, and then let go of Gilmour and bring in an attacker on loan from a Premier League club.

I pretty much agree with this word for word.

A DCM would have been the key signing for me, but I just read a piece about how Man U are frustrated they can't find one. It's a really tough position to fill. 

Edited by Robert N. LiM

A few people are arguing we should have kept some money back for the winter window. 

We did that in 2004-5 and everyone complained (rightly in my view) we didn't buy Ashton sooner. It does seem reasonable, given the absurd inflation of the market in January, to get your business done in the summer. 

I am a little surprised we haven't gone for at least a Godfrey/Madison "one for the future" type deal. Maybe there are no promising youngsters in the lower leagues?