Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

Hugill was good for the dressing room you said

1 hour ago, Taylor324 said:

That’s a couple of interesting negatives to throw into the debate 

Are you suggesting paying 5 million for Hugill who is probably worth no more than 2 million now was a better option than signing Toney for 5.6 million and is worth 32 million now? 
As for paying 10 million add-ons let’s not forget a further 10 million add-ons could probably be added to Toney’s 32 million fee when sold 

If Toney was worried about competition from Pukki as a reason to not consider Norwich, then by the same argument he’s unlikely to sign for any other club for the rest of his career and will retire at Brentford? 

Are you suggesting Toney is worth £42 million? 

13 hours ago, Herman said:

There are some stupid posts on here but an overly aggressive OP about one of our players simply to cause an argument is up there.

The post is a light hearted bit of fun. Come on grow up Mr sensitive

13 hours ago, Paul101 said:

It was also clearly documented that we have no recall clause

Westbrom have paid and are paying a lot of money for Hugil  so dont use that part to beat the club from what I can gather he is making up money on that deal

as for if he was a waste of money he contributed to our promotion and gave us that extra opion up from to chuck on the pitch

but going by the ops last sentence it doesnt matter who we sign he will belittle the club and run it down due to his own agenda

Jeez man you're wound up. The last sentence is only poking fun that if we hadn't wasted money on JH we would have wasted it on someone else. It's a joke buddy 

That’s the key on here, why should we all agree on everything! Like other threads, it starts a debate and as the threads develops it manifests in other points as we go!

Bottom line is he was a gamble which didn’t work out, Holty did, RVW didn’t Pukki did……you win some and lose some, but no point in getting upset if others have a different view even if Hugill is a City player, doesn’t make him Ronaldo!

I doubt very much we will see Hugill back here, he’ll be offered to many clubs until his contract runs out. As nice a guy and maybe good to have in the dressing room, Smith made it clear he doesn’t want him back!

In defence of Hugill , he scored 15 goals for a mediocre QPR team in the championship in the season before we signed him

He was sporadically used often in the last few minutes of games where he came on as sub , either for Pukki (if we were winning) or with Pukki (if we were losing). If he started a decent proportion of games, I would have backed him to have got 15 goals again

A different option to Pukki, I remember the 2-0 home win vs Bristol C , where he scored a headed goal from a cross , the like of which Pukki would never score and the type of goal which we hadnt seen since until Sargent's 2nd at Watford last week

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Are you suggesting Toney is worth £42 million? 

No player is worth 42 million but when Newcastle come knocking on the door or any team from the top 6 over the next couple of years ……….. Don’t be surprised if his fee plus add-one is in that ballpark 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That's half the story. @Mullet told us we'd be better bringing Hugill back and sending Sarge on loan.

Not sure if that makes him a super-clapper or just a bit daft🙃

Someone called nutty is calling me daft that's ironic

30 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s the key on here, why should we all agree on everything! Like other threads, it starts a debate and as the threads develops it manifests in other points as we go!

Bottom line is he was a gamble which didn’t work out, Holty did, RVW didn’t Pukki did……you win some and lose some, but no point in getting upset if others have a different view even if Hugill is a City player, doesn’t make him Ronaldo!

I doubt very much we will see Hugill back here, he’ll be offered to many clubs until his contract runs out. As nice a guy and maybe good to have in the dressing room, Smith made it clear he doesn’t want him back!

Spot on

59 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Someone called nutty is calling me daft that's ironic

Was calling you a super-clapper for wanting Hugill back in place of Sarge. Or just a bit daft.

S'pose it could be both?

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Was calling you a super-clapper for wanting Hugill back in place of Sarge. Or just a bit daft.

S'pose it could be both?

Just like you nutty, sitting on the fence 😂😂👍💛💚

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Just like you nutty, sitting on the fence 😂😂👍💛💚

Sometimes it's the kindest thing to do 🙃🤭😂💛💚

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

S'pose it could be both?

Is Josh the man now? He scored a brilliant header against Watford, the other one was luck. Previously crossed a ball to no one that ended up an own goal against Everton. Has missed 2 open goals one of which was a complete air jordon. Sarge hasn't done any better than Hugill, in fact Hugill would have scored the 2 open goals 

Just now, Mullet said:

Is Josh the man now? He scored a brilliant header against Watford, the other one was luck. Previously crossed a ball to no one that ended up an own goal against Everton. Has missed 2 open goals one of which was a complete air jordon. Sarge hasn't done any better than Hugill, in fact Hugill would have scored the 2 open goals 

I like the Sarge. Always have. You think Hugill's better. That's fine too. 🙃🤭😂

I with you nutty, I saw his previous seasons highlights and he’s got something about him. He holds the ball up better than Hugill, works harder and will make a far better player in time than most credit him! Idah too will come good. 

• Like 1

Looking back on it the Hugill signing does seem a strange one, it possibly held back Idah from playing more minutes (though injuries took its toll last season anyway) and he never contributed massively on the pitch, despite scoring some big goals.

To defend the move however, it seems that we wanted someone who could recreate the role that Rhodes had performed in the previous promotion campaign, and Hugill fitted into that almost perfectly. Also, the homegrown rule in the championship says you need 7 homegrown players in the matchday squad, with one being a club grown player. Had we sold one more player in Aarons or Cantwell, we would have found ourselves very close to not being able to hit this consistently, thus having to fill the bench with youngsters.