Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Mumba Wonder Goal

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Brilliant close control, bit of pace, direct and confident infront of goal. Like I've said before he should be starting for us in one of the attacking midfield positions.

He is too small to ever make it in the PL as a defender but he's a really good player, I don't understand how powderpuff, languid showponies like Dowell and Lees-Melou get starts in advanced positions for us over him, he's exactly what we need

The club know how good Bali Mumba is, he'll be in our first team next season.

That's why despite signing a 4 year deal in 2020.... we gave him an extension in 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

3 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Because he needs to develop and get first team experience without the pressure of a relegation dogfight.

Look at players like Idah who obviously need the same chance but instead are trying to learn their game in brief cameos against the best in the world.

You must be joking!.

We need this type of player and we need it now. The fact he is doing this for another team is madness. 

Do you really see that level of quality and think we need to send him off and nurture him?

Are we doing better?

Daft post.

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

The Level of stupidity in sending Mumbu off on loan makes me think I have a shot at managing a premier League team 

Off the scale irony.

• Like 1

What a lovely goal, let’s hope he can do it whilst playing regularly in the Championship.

Lampety is a fantastic right back, he is the same height so I am not convinced height is as defining feature as people think, if you are quick enough and assertive enough.

I am more concerned that he seems to get injured and possibly looks a bit light weight.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Off the scale irony.

I'm not sure if you're relating to my lakuku topic which was a poke at lee Marshall's suggestions.

You deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

10 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

The Level of stupidity in sending Mumbu off on loan makes me think I have a shot at managing a premier League team 

15 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

You must be joking!.

We need this type of player and we need it now. The fact he is doing this for another team is madness. 

Do you really see that level of quality and think we need to send him off and nurture him?

Are we doing better?

Daft post.

Jesus wept.

Well according to these two absolute geniuses (and the rest), I can save our season. Heck, we might be looking at Europe League.

All we need to do is sign every player who scored a League Two goal of the month / season. Probably only cost us a few mill all in. Because that's what we need right? Players who can score against League Two opposition? We might have to try and explain to our players who have all performed well at a much higher division that they're being replaced with League Two players but I'm sure they'll understand

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is what is most frustrating. Its this inane simplicity that is hard not to respond to.

Put any of our fullbacks against League One Bristol Rovers and they'll tear them apart.

Tzolis would look world class comparatively.

We know this to be true because we bl**dy saw it with our own eyes against Bournemouth reserves.

Even Sargent looked a quality forward option.

Its fantastic opportunity for Mumba to develop as a player but he's understandably behind Williams, Aarons and Gianoullis who are all better players right now.

Edit: it was against a League Two side. SARGENT would have scored a bloody hattrick 

This.

We've seen ourselves over the last few years how big the gap is between the Premier League and the Championship, never mind League Two opposition.

Lets just let Mumba get some Championship minutes under his belt and bring him back in the summer, presumably when we cash in on Aarons.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Jesus wept.

Well according to these two absolute geniuses (and the rest), I can save our season. Heck, we might be looking at Europe League.

All we need to do is sign every player who scored a League Two goal of the month / season. Probably only cost us a few mill all in. Because that's what we need right? Players who can score against League Two opposition? We might have to try and explain to our players who have all performed well at a much higher division that they're being replaced with League Two players but I'm sure they'll understand

..how many players in our team have looked remotely like scoring a goal in the last 19 games? .....

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Jesus wept.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well according to these two absolute geniuses (and the rest), I can save our season. Heck, we might be looking at Europe League

Nobody said that. 

Also please name the 2 geniuses. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

3 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

..how many players in our team have looked remotely like scoring a goal in the last 19 games? .....

In the prem - not much. Put them against a League Two side and 9 times out of 10 they'd have an absolute whale of a time.

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

This is what is most frustrating. Its this inane simplicity that is hard not to respond to.

Put any of our fullbacks against League One Bristol Rovers and they'll tear them apart.

Tzolis would look world class comparatively.

We know this to be true because we bl**dy saw it with our own eyes against Bournemouth reserves.

Even Sargent looked a quality forward option.

Its fantastic opportunity for Mumba to develop as a player but he's understandably behind Williams, Aarons and Gianoullis who are all better players right now.

Edit: it was against a League Two side. SARGENT would have scored a bloody hattrick 

I think what they're trying to say is a superior player has been sent out on loan while inferior players remain - he doesn't have to play fullback.

In the game against Bournemouth Sargent did score two goals but there's no comparison - Mumba's goal is miles better than Sargent's two tap ins. Sargent just hasn't got the guile or skill to score a goal like that - not even against lower opposition. You need  technique to succeed in this game - Sargent hasn't got any !