Crafty Canary

Survival Mini League

Given their Norwichesque run of form I have added Everton to the list who have never been relegated from the top flight of English football. Could this be their season?

Leeds United            6 - 3 - 3 - O - 10 - 6 - 12  (19)

Watford                     4 - 2 - 1 - 1 -   9 - 4 -    7  (13)

Everton                      5 - 2 - 1 - 2 -   9 - 9 -    7  (19)

Newcastle United    4 - 1 - 3 - 0 -   4 - 1 -    6  (11)           

Burnley                      5 - 0 - 2 - 3 -   3 - 8 -    2  (11)

Norwich City.            5 - 0 - 2 - 3 -   2 - 8 -    2. (10)

it really now looks like a 4 horse race for the drop with possibly Newcastle United the favourites to survive given their nrw found buying power. If not them then I still fancy Burnley to make it. For us it’s game over unless Webber :

a) finds a miraculous few millions down the back of his office sofa.

b) spends it wisely on where it’s needed to boost the squad.

Get real. We were relegated in September. 

Farke messed around so much and injected such fear that we never got started. Disgraceful management which alongside idiotic recruitment, condemned us before a ball was kicked in truth. 

Everton have been relegated about twice. No team in English football history who have played in the top flight, have got a 100 percent survival record. Bournemouth all thanks to technology messing up, we’re the last team to get relegated and lose their 100 percent top flight record.

Still, they (Everton) have never been relegated from the Premier League and have diced with relegation before in 1994-95 and 2003-04. I think they’ll avoid the drop, but have a relative failure of a season.

As for us, we are dead and buried. We are simply not playing well enough to give me even the smallest glimmer of optimism. Five games in a row, being all defeats without a goal in any of them.

9 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Checking the records Everton have been relegated once back in the early 1950s..

It took them three years to get back in the 1950's and they haven't been relegated since but they did spend season 1930/31 out of the top flight too.

Everton are spending £10 million on a lightweight right back from Rangers.  Seems they're trying to outdo us in the pissing it up the wall stakes!

On 02/01/2022 at 18:19, Crafty Canary said:

Given their Norwichesque run of form I have added Everton to the list who have never been relegated from the top flight of English football. Could this be their season?

it really now looks like a 4 horse race for the drop with possibly Newcastle United the favourites to survive given their nrw found buying power. If not them then I still fancy Burnley to make it. For us it’s game over unless Webber :

Everton we’re relegated in the 1950’s for a couple of years. 😉

To be honest it's quite optimistic to say the survival mini league includes us. 

The survival mini league is a step above where we're at. I'm not sure the teams just above us even include us in it

Edited by Chelm Canary

On 02/01/2022 at 18:19, Crafty Canary said:

I would normally take a 4 horse race at this stage but look at ours !

791006423_pantohorse.thumb.jpg.fb33f034a64e3268b2242d893bb8cf52.jpg

Edited by Mullet

18 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

What an irritating thread we are down why even bother with this nonsense 

Well you know all about irritating threads so stick your head up your ar$e and blow hard.

I think Leeds will be fine, they only need 3 more wins and 3 draws and have got good players coming back. If Watford manage to improve themselves enough in Jan and Burnley survive somehow like they usually do we could very well find ourselves in the Championship next year trying to compete for promotion with Newcastle and Everton. 

I'll be keeping an eye in the survival mini league not because I think we're capable of surviving but more hoping Newcastle and Everton pull themselves out of it. Burnley and Watford would be strong competition but they wouldn't likely absolutely p155 the league like Newcastle and Everton would.